News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleodude

Quote from: LeviRawl on April 02, 2018, 12:32:36 AM
original Jurassic Park dinosaurs, JP Jeep, some Definitely Dinosaurs and a Battat Tyrannosaurus
https://www.ebay.com/usr/desertroselover

The Battat Tyrannosaurus is actually the release by Terra and is way overpriced with a starting bid of $35 considering it's around $10 in stores.

SidB

Ah, Ebay! Shades of Barnum and Bailey.

PhilSauria

If anyone is interested in that small version of the Kaiyodo Camarasaurus; it's in with this odd assortment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DINOSAUR-Figures-Bundle-Job-Lot/401517222995?hash=item5d7c4a9c53:g:uFQAAOSw8GFanDMu

Libraraptor

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 04, 2018, 01:24:10 AM
If anyone is interested in that small version of the Kaiyodo Camarasaurus; it's in with this odd assortment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DINOSAUR-Figures-Bundle-Job-Lot/401517222995?hash=item5d7c4a9c53:g:uFQAAOSw8GFanDMu
It is not the original. I have that copy too.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 04, 2018, 06:54:18 AM
Quote from: PhilSauria on April 04, 2018, 01:24:10 AM

It is not the original. I have that copy too.

It is the Waiphoon bootleg.

IrritatorRaji

That last lot went for $645 dollars, my word :O

BrontoScorpio

Consider it was 27 items of the more rare bunch -
that is 25$ per one figure - Not so expensive ...
you might say, cheap. very cheap.

ceratopsian

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 05, 2018, 12:21:26 PM
That last lot went for $645 dollars, my word :O

It seems to include multiple models though, reading down the listing.

Shonisaurus

Precisely I bought a member of the forum that sells eBay products tyrantnosaurus Battat "feet of snow" and I can assure you that it cost me a whopping 430 dollars. I bought it last night. If all goes well and I get the products and I would only be Battat the Tyrannosaurus rex 1st version and the dilophosaurus 1st version of Battat 1994.

It seems that the Battat vendors are unleashed.

SidB

Did you know, Shonisaurus, that there is an old, original Boston Museum of Science Battat Ceratosaurus (geen) with a
DOWNTURNED tail. It is very rare. I know that it exists, but I've never seen one for sale on EBay. Even Dan Lorusso didn't know about it, as it was a factory modification. It is the direct ancestor of the new Battat Terra Ceratosaurus, which is identical, except for the new paint job.

BrontoScorpio

without disclosure of names or users and on a general level, I think it is unappropriate and even worthy of condemnation for some extent, that senior and experienced DTF members take advantage so bluntly the luck of good judgment, first enthusiasm, weeknesses ,inexperience, shortcomings and limitations of new or other DTF members.
It almost like this place has also joined other notorious web places where the weak fall prey to others .
and I hold myself back not to say more ...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 05, 2018, 06:38:11 PM
without disclosure of names or users and on a general level, I think it is unappropriate and even worthy of condemnation for some extent, that senior and experienced DTF members take advantage so bluntly the luck of good judgment, first enthusiasm, weeknesses ,inexperience, shortcomings and limitations of new or other DTF members.
It almost like this place has also joined other notorious web places where the weak fall prey to others .

I don't understand...please elaborate.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2018, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 05, 2018, 06:38:11 PM

I don't understand...please elaborate.

Me either!
I'm glad that it's obviously not only because of my lacking English skills.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 05, 2018, 05:46:18 PM
...  I bought a member of the forum that sells eBay products tyrantnosaurus Battat "feet of snow" and I can assure you that it cost me a whopping 430 dollars. ...
need I say more ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 05, 2018, 08:51:44 PM
...  I bought a member of the forum that sells eBay products tyrantnosaurus Battat "feet of snow" and I can assure you that it cost me a whopping 430 dollars. ...
need I say more ?

Let me make sure I am getting this correct: are you saying that unexperienced members (like Shonisaurus) are getting taken advantage of/ripped off? Please correct me if I am making a mistake or misreading you somehow.

If so, I think your heart is in the right place, but I would also say that it takes two to tango. As far as I know, no-one is holding a gun to Shoni's head and making him purchase that Battat.

UK

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2018, 09:25:09 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 05, 2018, 08:51:44 PM
need I say more ?

Let me make sure I am getting this correct: are you saying that unexperienced members (like Shonisaurus) are getting taken advantage of/ripped off? Please correct me if I am making a mistake or misreading you somehow.

If so, I think your heart is in the right place, but I would also say that it takes two to tango. As far as I know, no-one is holding a gun to Shoni's head and making him purchase that Battat.

Without casting aspersions towards Shonisaurus, we may have some forum members who no doubt are vulnerable to more worldly wise or potentially unscrupulous sellers (be they forum members or eBay sellers). Some collectors can become blind to cost when chasing their perceived grails. Monsterhouse is particularly well known for scalping but can be seen by some as offering a service.

I think Brontoscorpio is correct in raising awareness of profiteering. I'm all for free market and reflective values but $430 seems high to me but Battat figures are not that high on my list of desireable figures (places head back beneath the parapet)

Hopefully Shonisaurus this is within your budget and not causing you financial instability.

Libraraptor

Was too political.  Deleted my post.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: