News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Underrated ornithomimids

Started by Stegoraptor Rex, June 24, 2013, 09:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegoraptor Rex

Hi everyone, this is a thread for the ostrich-mimic dinosaurs which are among the most underrated dinosaurs ever. Only appearing in a handful of films ( Jurassic park, the lost world Jurassic park, and the valley of gwangi) and when people visit museums they usually walk right past their bird-like skeletons to see larger beasts such as tyrannosaurs and ceratopsians, now I am aware that their already is a great theropod thread but it can sometimes be a pain to find a specific species and the ostrich mimics are among my favorite dinosaurs :) (yet I have no figures of them :()

Gwangi

Unfortunately there are not a lot of figures for this group. I have the Struthiomimus from Tyco (love it, one of my favorites) and a large Gallimimus by Jasmen (a Chinasaur company that makes a few good looking toys).
Among those I don't have but would like to get; Kaiyodo Struthiomimus, Kenner Gallimimus, AAA Gallimimus and CollectA Deinocheirus.

Stegoraptor Rex

Ah yes the tyco struthio is great

SBell

CityRaptor

So far I have two, both of them Gallimimus. One is the Diecast JP one, the other is the AAA Galli.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Yes, this Dinosaur group is sadly underrepresented!
My favourite is still the Battat Gallimimus :).

Now that would be a cool future project for Safari or Papo!!

Gwangi

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 25, 2013, 12:54:53 PM
Yes, this Dinosaur group is sadly underrepresented!
My favourite is still the Battat Gallimimus :).

Now that would be a cool future project for Safari or Papo!!

I completely forgot about the Battat, shameful on my part.

Stegoraptor Rex

Stegoraptor Rex

I don't mean to sound to be demanding but does anyone have a group pic of some ornithimimids

DinoToyForum

The only ornithomimid I have is the die-cast JP figure. Image originally posted by Gryphoceratops. No group photos I'm afraid.

Gwangi

The Jasman Gallimimus from my review of it last year.

I don't have a picture of the Tyco Struthiomimus so I'm going to borrow Boki's from Collectors Quest. There is a feathered version and a naked version. I have the feathered one like in the picture below.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on June 25, 2013, 04:44:58 PM
I don't mean to sound to be demanding but does anyone have a group pic of some ornithimimids
Really? ;D I do have a few of them, and I agree, we need more of them! I know there there was one from the yowie series also. Anyway, here are the one I have in my collection, so enjoy ;D

[]

Oh yeah, I forgot about this little guy ;D
[[URL=http://s344.photobucket.com/user/Bokichops/media/DSCN8551.jpg.html]
]

SBell

I just realized that there is also a Marx Struthioumimus.

There's also a Dakin Gallimimus from JP.

tyrantqueen

I've only noticed that I don't have a single model of an ornithomimid in my collection...:o I used to have the CollectA tyrannosaurus with prey but gave that model away after deciding that I didn't like it anymore.

Also, kinda off topic but has there ever been a model made of an Alvarezsaur?

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 26, 2013, 07:56:58 AM
Also, kinda off topic but has there ever been a model made of an Alvarezsaur?

I've wondered that myself but don't think there is. There really should be.

Stegoraptor Rex

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 26, 2013, 02:50:15 AM
Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on June 25, 2013, 04:44:58 PM
Really? ;D I do have a few of them, and I agree, we need more of them! I know there there was one from the yowie series also. Anyway, here are the one I have in my collection, so enjoy ;D

[]

Oh yeah, I forgot about this little guy ;D
[[URL=http://s344.photobucket.com/user/Bokichops/media/DSCN8551.jpg.html]
]
nice collection :)

Libraraptor

I do have six ornithomimids, just a small percentage of the much more common species in my collection.

EDIT: I have got seven ones, forgot the hapless victim of CollectA´s T.rex!

Takama

All that I have of these cretures are the deinechirus and dead one on a t rex from collecta.   I had the jasman one. But its now a member of Gwangis collection.     I also made a crappy one out of oven bake clay.

tyrantqueen

Charlie McGrady made a gorgeous (but unfeathered) Ornithomimus kit

As did Keith Strausser

Also, did anyone mention the JP Gallimimus model kit?

postsaurischian

:o Oh! I'd love to have that Keith Strausser model - feathered or not ;D. It's brilliant!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: