News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

brandem

Quote from: Takama on September 10, 2013, 07:04:30 PM
I doubt that they would make hominids again.
I doubt it as well, well maybe mojo will do a gigantopithicus since they are decent at mammals

Concavenator

CollectA said on their FB page that more dinosaur families were coming for 2013.It seems that nope,but I think it's very likely we to see at least a dino family for 2014 from them.Isn't this exciting?lol :D

Hellraptor

These models are thos i wanna see. and i only gonna mention those companies that i can get dinos form here in Sweden.

Wild Safari
well those are decided for next year and im very pleased with the dinosaurs.
Carnergie
Featherd Utahraptor
Featherd Velociraptor
Xipacthinus

Papo
Dilophosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Albertosaurus

Schelich
dont care
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Guesses:
Papo: Giga, Dilophosaurus.
Carnegie: rumors have it there'll be a Rex and another re-release. I am totally good with that, provided Carnegie keeps or improves their quality.
WSLtd: Already released- Love the figures (with the possible exception of a certain species of shark)

Hopes:
Papo: Therizinosaurus, Amargasaurus
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Splonkadumpocus

Gigantopithecus would be a very poor choice if someone wanted to do a hominid figure, as it's only known from jaws and teeth.

Australopithecus would be a much better idea in my opinion.

ZoPteryx

I appear to be late to the party, but I'll still reveal my hopes and dreams! ;)

Papo:  Probably a Giganotosaurus, but I'd really like a Dilophosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, or a Therizinosaurus with feathers.

Carnegie:  Hoping for a new Pteranodon but we'll probably get a redone Velociraptor and along with the T. rex.

Safari:  I predict a Monolophosaurus, Suchomimus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Megalodon, Ammonite sp, and a hominid toob.  I'm so smart! ::)

CollectA:  Yutyrannus, Sinosauropteryx, Anchiornis, some pterosaurs, an ichthyosaur, a Dimetrodon, Gigantspinosaurus, and some mammals in addition to what's already been revealed.

Mojo:  In addition to the Basilo and Megatherium that they've basically confirmed, I predict Elasmotherium and Synthetoceros.

Bullyland:  A pterosaur and a marine reptile.

Schleich:  They will finally listen to use and make some awesome feathered and non-feathered dinos! ...this probably falls into the "dreams" category...

Geoworld:  Pterosaurs, marine reptiles, and some pre-dinos

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zopteryx on October 04, 2013, 08:59:52 PM
I appear to be late to the party, but I'll still reveal my hopes and dreams! ;)

Papo:  Probably a Giganotosaurus, but I'd really like a Dilophosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, or a Therizinosaurus with feathers.

Carnegie:  Hoping for a new Pteranodon but we'll probably get a redone Velociraptor and along with the T. rex.

Safari:  I predict a Monolophosaurus, Suchomimus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Megalodon, Ammonite sp, and a hominid toob.  I'm so smart! ::)

CollectA:  Yutyrannus, Sinosauropteryx, Anchiornis, some pterosaurs, an ichthyosaur, a Dimetrodon, Gigantspinosaurus, and some mammals in addition to what's already been revealed.

Mojo:  In addition to the Basilo and Megatherium that they've basically confirmed, I predict Elasmotherium and Synthetoceros.

Bullyland:  A pterosaur and a marine reptile.

Schleich:  They will finally listen to use and make some awesome feathered and non-feathered dinos! ...this probably falls into the "dreams" category...

Geoworld:  Pterosaurs, marine reptiles, and some pre-dinos
Good to see you back on the forum again.

I doubt Papo would release a feathered therizinosaurus for real though. It'd probably be nekkid.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 04, 2013, 09:04:33 PM
Quote from: Zopteryx on October 04, 2013, 08:59:52 PM
Good to see you back on the forum again.

I doubt Papo would release a feathered therizinosaurus for real though. It'd probably be nekkid.
Thanks TQ, good to be back! ;D

Yeah, you're probably right about the Theri, I wouldn't mind if it looked the Chased by Dinos one though.

Saurophaganax

These are my absolute dream list:

Carnegie/Safari
Yutyrannus
Lambeosaurus
Einiosaurus
Wuerhosaurus
Edmontonia
Pterodaustro
Becklespinax
Diamantinasaurus
Euparkeria
Hainosaurus
Struthiomimus
Chilantaisaurus

CollectA
Gigantspinosaurus
Tethyhadros
Kileskus
Shantungosaurus
Ichtyovenator
Silvisaurus
Xenoceratops
Placodus
Saurophaganax
Megaraptor
Pegomastax
Thescelosaurus

Others:
Abelisaurus
Stygimoloch
Dracovenator
Toujiangosaurus
Medusaceratops
Cryptoclidus
Gargoyleosaurus
Nipponosaurus
Bagaceratops
Austroraptor
Saurolophus
Balaur
Massospondylus
Charonosaurus
Gastonia
Zuniceratops
Segisaurus
Gorgosaurus

Remakes:
Coelophysis
Tsintaosaurus
Protoceratops
Corythosaurus
Olorotitan
Polacanthus
Megalosaurus
Shunosaurus
Agustinia
Centrosaurus

Concavenator

Quote from: Saurophaganax on October 09, 2013, 05:12:05 AM
These are my absolute dream list:

Carnegie/Safari
Yutyrannus
Lambeosaurus
Einiosaurus
Wuerhosaurus
Edmontonia
Pterodaustro
Becklespinax
Diamantinasaurus
Euparkeria
Hainosaurus
Struthiomimus
Chilantaisaurus

CollectA
Gigantspinosaurus
Tethyhadros
Kileskus
Shantungosaurus
Ichtyovenator
Silvisaurus
Xenoceratops
Placodus
Saurophaganax
Megaraptor
Pegomastax
Thescelosaurus

Others:
Abelisaurus
Stygimoloch
Dracovenator
Toujiangosaurus
Medusaceratops
Cryptoclidus
Gargoyleosaurus
Nipponosaurus
Bagaceratops
Austroraptor
Saurolophus
Balaur
Massospondylus
Charonosaurus
Gastonia
Zuniceratops
Segisaurus
Gorgosaurus

Remakes:
Coelophysis
Tsintaosaurus
Protoceratops
Corythosaurus
Olorotitan
Polacanthus
Megalosaurus
Shunosaurus
Agustinia
Centrosaurus
Saurophaganax,CollectA will release an Ichthyovenator in 2014.Look here:http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1496.0.html  :)

anchry6

Hoping that all requests are accepted here's what I hope Papo produce this year:
- Apatosaurus
- Giganotosaurus
- Remake the Triceratops or at least repainted .. especially the horns ...
- More brown running T-rex
- Diabloceratops (request last year)

:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just to drop a note, there are artists on the forums here that could paint you a brown running Rex..same for the Trike or any other repaints you might want. :)

Raptoress

Why has no company produced an Einiosaurus toy? I'd love to see one of those. I realise that Learning Curve have made some based on Dinosaur Train characters, which I love. But I'd love to see a realistic one, too.

amanda

There are a **bunch** of horned dinos yet needing representation. But I suspect many companies go for newest/most striking to draw attention. That might explain the number of Trike/Styraco figures that continue to be released. A new one (any species) from Papo would be most welcome.

Brontozaurus

If Papo do another theropod for 2014 it's most likely going to be Giganotosaurus or Dilophosaurus. They're both dinosaurs that people would have heard of (which seems to be the logic behind most of Papo's figure choices), and there's also ample material for Papo's sculptors to "reference" (if they do Giganotosaurus I wouldn't mind if it was copying Todd Marshall's painting though).

Either of those are more likely than Ceratosaurus. I mean it's the kind of thing that Papo would DO but I can't see them releasing one before the more widely known Giganotosaurus or Dilophosaurus.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 12, 2013, 12:50:41 PM
If Papo do another theropod for 2014 it's most likely going to be Giganotosaurus or Dilophosaurus. They're both dinosaurs that people would have heard of (which seems to be the logic behind most of Papo's figure choices), and there's also ample material for Papo's sculptors to "reference" (if they do Giganotosaurus I wouldn't mind if it was copying Todd Marshall's painting though).

Either of those are more likely than Ceratosaurus. I mean it's the kind of thing that Papo would DO but I can't see them releasing one before the more widely known Giganotosaurus or Dilophosaurus.
It's actually sort of odd that Papo haven't done a Dilophosaurus yet...considering how iconic the JP Dilopho is. I would like to see a Sideshow styled Dilopho, personally...that would be epic ;)

sauroid

i wish Papo would release more prehistoric figures, as opposed to just 2 or 3 per year
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoLord

Quote from: sauroid on December 12, 2013, 03:09:52 PM
i wish Papo would release more prehistoric figures, as opposed to just 2 or 3 per year
This. They would definitely sell quite well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 12, 2013, 01:00:28 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 12, 2013, 12:50:41 PM

It's actually sort of odd that Papo haven't done a Dilophosaurus yet...considering how iconic the JP Dilopho is. I would like to see a Sideshow styled Dilopho, personally...that would be epic ;)

I'm of the same mind..I always thought they would have made a JP Dilo awhile back when they were cranking out the JP replicas.  I'd be good whichever version they chose to use.  If the JP one it will be great for dios and in scale with the human figures pretty much.  The Carno they did last year in a different pose look good paired up with the actual Sideshow model...having a slightly different pose and all.

Raptoress

I too am surprised Papo have not produced a Diplophosaurus. I really would've thought they'd done one by now. I'd really like to see them make one. Provided it doesn't come with a frill like the one from Jurassic Park.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: