News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Very interesting model Helge...I like how the epocipitals are sculpted , and the colors used overall. I would assume this would be an adult .....quite interesting
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ceratopsian

Your "Doyle" images are well timed from my point of view - coincidentally my model has apparently just cleared customs!

Shonisaurus

I recommend the triceratops PVC of PNSO is the best that exists in the market its texture is soft like that of tyrannosaurus "Wilson" of the same brand.

It is a recommended figure because it is very well finished. A true work of paleoart.  :)  8)

Bokisaurus

Lovely as always, that photo is awesome! I really love how you make such creative ways to showcase your collections ^-^

Lanthanotus

What disturbs me about that Trike is the lack of cheeks on that otherwise great model. Photographed to the best once more :)

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 14, 2018, 03:19:55 PM
Very interesting model Helge...I like how the epocipitals are sculpted , and the colors used overall. I would assume this would be an adult .....quite interesting

I highly recommend it to every ceratopsionist! Better than expected! Hard to capture its beauty in photos.
  It bumped the Papo figure from its place in my permanent 1:35 display, which is getting more precious year by year :) .

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 14, 2018, 03:26:14 PM
Your "Doyle" images are well timed from my point of view - coincidentally my model has apparently just cleared customs!

You'll love it :) !

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 14, 2018, 07:00:47 PM
Lovely as always, that photo is awesome! I really love how you make such creative ways to showcase your collections ^-^

:D Thanks, Boki! I'm curious as to what photo you're referring to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •    Kaiyodo "The Gigantic Dinosaur Expo 2006" Supersaurus (originally sculpted by Eiichirou Matsumoto)    • ~
                                 Finally another long search is over. My Kaiyodo collection couldn't be complete without this one.

in front of the Kabaya Seismosaurus:

next to Kaiyodo Dino Expo 2002 SP07 Seismosaurus skeleton:

UK

Somehow you make the figures come alive with your photography Helge. It looks even better here than in the flesh.

Lanthanotus

Nice :)

Is it made of metal or plastic/resin?

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 15, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 14, 2018, 03:26:14 PM

You'll love it :) !

I do - I've just unpacked it!

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 15, 2018, 04:22:40 PM

~ •    Kaiyodo "The Gigantic Dinosaur Expo 2006" Supersaurus (originally sculpted by Eiichirou Matsumoto)    • ~
                                 Finally another long search is over. My Kaiyodo collection couldn't be complete without this one.

Congratulations.  An elegant model.

PhilSauria

Yeah congrats. If only one of the brands would produce a fully fleshed out Sauropod of such quality.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 15, 2018, 05:23:33 PM
Is it made of metal or plastic/resin?

The Kaiyodo Supersaurus is made of resin.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:) 1:1 replica of Pterodactylus kochi
                                                                            (originally sculpted by mother nature)

This is a 1:1 cast in museum quality, made of epoxy resin mixed with fine rock flour and hand-painted.
                    It is made from one of the best preserved Pterodactylus fossils ever found in the Solnhofen Limestone.
                     I purchased it a few years ago from fossilien.de. They're offering a wide range of fossil replicas there.

Unfortunately I do not have any Pterodactylus figure in my collection.
            A 1:1 model by CollectA (sculpted by the same person as last year's Dimorphodon) would be a dream come true!
                                                                        So the replica is being welcomed by
     Kaiyodo Dinotales No.12A Anhanguera, No.97B Quetzalcoatlus and that mysterious Taiwanese Anhanguera museum model

ceratopsian

What a lovely item that cast is.  Well found!

Lanthanotus

Very nice cast of a beautiful fossil, but I've to say the Taiwanese Anhanguera steals the show here :)

BrontoScorpio

Agree,
I like the way it is half hiding behind the skeleton - and then reappear with a certain smile -
like it is up to something ...

Libraraptor

That pterosaur picture is a Great composition!  And congrats on that Anhanguera,  what a beautiful thing!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!
       That Taiwanese Anhanguera is indeed one of the best purchases I've ever done.
       I still  suppose that Lu Feng Shan has something to do with it.

^-^  PNSO mini No.21 ~ Proceratosaurus

Jose S.M.

That's the one mini I was interested but I don't like very "mini" figures. Can you tell me how big is? Thanks.

Shonisaurus

Where can you get that anhanguera?  :) It's fabulous, those are the types of pterosaurs that I would like them to make in the toy market.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on February 19, 2018, 03:22:23 PM
That's the one mini I was interested but I don't like very "mini" figures. Can you tell me how big is? Thanks.

The figure is 9.5 cm long. 12 cm when stretched out. The scale is about 1:30.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2018, 03:29:29 PM
Where can you get that anhanguera?  :) It's fabulous, those are the types of pterosaurs that I would like them to make in the toy market.

I bought the Anhanguera more than 6 years ago through eBay. You must be very lucky to find it nowadays. Maybe someone who has access to Taiwanese mueums might be able to help :-\ .

Jose S.M.

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 19, 2018, 04:22:45 PM

The figure is 9.5 cm long. 12 cm when stretched out. The scale is about 1:30.

Thank you so much. I think I'll get it, is still available on dejankins.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: