News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:)  A "living fossil"

~ •    Chlamydoselachus anguineus ~ Frilled Shark    • ~
                                                                                            produced by

TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S.     •     Epoch     •     Colorata     •     Safari Ltd.     •     Nature Techni Colour

Halichoeres

The NTC one is larger than I would have guessed! Perhaps a bit stiff, but beautiful anyway.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Hmm, who would have guessed there's so many figures of that particular species.... nice, I like the Colorate best I think, but got the Safari toob just recently :)

postsaurischian

8)

~ •    Wild Safari 1:20 Dimetrodon    • ~
                                                      originally sculpted by Doug Watson / re-painted by Martin Garratt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It took the place of the Carnegie figure in one of my 1:20 displays.

Jose S.M.

That's a beautiful paintjob! Also very nice 1:20 display.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your postsaurischian artwork. The repainted dimetrodon Safari has very bright colors.  8)

ceratopsian

Very hot and eye-catching!

amargasaurus cazaui

Besides the stunning figures and amazing dimetrodon repaint I also saw....comic boxes !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!
      Martin patiently reworked the Dimetrodon's colouration two times due to my indecisiveness.
      I'm thankful and very happy how it turned out in the end :) .

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 02, 2018, 04:07:55 PM
Besides the stunning figures and amazing dimetrodon repaint I also saw....comic boxes !!!

Yes! But only four of them (filled with Marvel silver and bronze age stuff).
      Meanwhile there are 25 comic boxes + one 2 m high bookshelf filled with Hardcovers, Portfolios and prints :P ;D .
      I have been collecting since 1975. Another never ending love story :) .
      Why not posting something new in the comic book thread, Michael?
      http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2759.msg194852#msg194852
      I cannot see your old pictures anymore :( .

amargasaurus cazaui

I got the feeling that posting my collections had become pretentious I guess....I have people who have accused me of lying about my collection of comics, or dinosaur fossils, or eggs, or transformers to the point, I sort of gave up.
  I can go fix the comics thread and update it if you were enjoying it though....
  I have been actively buying a lot of CGC graded material , and I hoard Marvel silver age, from 1965-`1970 in particular.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Reptilia

Impressive rework by Martin Garratt, as usual.

Libraraptor

Great repaint of that Dimetrodon!

Shonisaurus

Martin Garrat embellishes and improves the appearance of figures of dinosaur companies with their repaints.  8)

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 02, 2018, 10:10:21 PM
I got the feeling that posting my collections had become pretentious I guess....I have people who have accused me of lying about my collection of comics, or dinosaur fossils, or eggs, or transformers to the point, I sort of gave up.

:o  What?! Please do me (us) a favour and ignore those fools!
        If they're not able to enjoy your beautiful collections; if they can't stand their singularity, they came to the wrong place C:-) .
        I'm talking about the DTF - the place where people meet and exchange views on their exceptional collecting items.
        I know, seeing one or the other collection here can be hard for starters. But hey, they should take their time.
        Each collection is different and yours is among the most individual and wonderful ones. Don't stop posting your treasures :) !

This next figure here will always remind me of your exceptional Psittacosaurus collection:

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 27, 2017, 09:10:02 PM
The meany greeny paintjob puts a hurt on my eye  ;D ... more photos after the garrattization.

:D  Garrattization is done ... Figure is beautiful now ... Here it is ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ •    Schleich 1:12 Psittacosaurus    • ~
                                                    originally sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov / re-painted by Martin Garratt

Psittacosaurus is always hungry!

"Yum! CollectA Monanthesia & Cycadeoidea leaves!"

Lanthanotus

Nice ... quite unsurprisingly it looks better than what I did with mine :D

Dinomike

The paint job on the psittacosaurus is stellar!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ceratopsian

Another beautiful job from Martin.

The CollectA plant ensemble looks purpose-made for the Psittacosaurus's jaws!

Megalosaurus

Great repaints.
what is the color scheme inspiration for the dimetrodon?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

Great repaint. I especially like the stripes on the tail bristles.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 03, 2018, 06:47:14 PM
The CollectA plant ensemble looks purpose-made for the Psittacosaurus's jaws!

Doesn't it? Looking at the Psittacosaurus' mouth, it instandly came to my mind.

Quote from: Megalosaurus on March 03, 2018, 07:42:10 PM
what is the color scheme inspiration for the dimetrodon?

In the very very beginning it should have been something like this: (but it didn't really work on the WS figure)

(This picture is taken from DeviantArt © 2015-2018 Antonin Jury)

So in the end - after a bit of toing and froing - the red, black & white demand turned into what it is now.
       Mainly it's all Martin's constructiveness. Oh! I wanted the claws to be painted with a separate colour ;D .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: