News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

That psittacosaurus is gorgeos...follows the latest information available considerably well. Yours would sit quite nicely alongside my pair, thinking we both asked for a similar paint scheme. Stunning piece Helge...Martin might just get tired of painting that particular model soon given how we have taxed him.
  I will rebuild the threads since you mentioned it..nice to know you were watching.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shonisaurus

I suppose that if the psittacosaurus inhabited the deserts it is logical that it was brown or brown that green. Magnificent interpretation of Martin Garrat.  8)  ^-^

postsaurischian

:D

~ •    Wild Safari 1:35 Triceratops    • ~
                                                      originally sculpted by Doug Watson / re-painted by Martin Garratt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All my 1:35 Triceratops figures
                                                                                            produced by

PNSO      •      The Dinosaur Studio      •      Safari Ltd.      •      Papo

ceratopsian

The Triceratops is stunning. I did not recognise him on his new "clothes". May I ask if you chose the scheme or if Martin came up with it. Either way, congratulations.

Jose S.M.

That's really nice. I've been thinking on paying to get mine repainted and I see some similarities to what I was going for, that's something similar to the factory painting but more carefully done, specially the frill,  and some more detail. I've repainted some figures but for this Trike I don't trust myself, I don't want to ruin it.

Shonisaurus

Postsaurischian I congratulate you for the triceratops repainted by Martin but honestly that will cost you a considerable amount of money if I do not mistake the repainting services.

Those works of art obviously have a price.  :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Martins work is quite fairly priced honestly. Most would be astounded completely by how fairly he charges for his services. I find his pieces quite well worth the expense, even with shipping.

I may consider acquiring a few of the triceratops myself, and having them done as a scene, although I will definitely ask the epocippitals be less conspicuous and pronounced. ( similar to the model at far left)
It is a gorgeous piece Helge, congrats.....can we assume your blue triceratops phase has safely passed us now?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 04, 2018, 04:54:55 PM
The Triceratops is stunning. I did not recognise him on his new "clothes". May I ask if you chose the scheme or if Martin came up with it. Either way, congratulations.

Thanks, Elizabeth! I wanted it to look like my Mega Sofubi Triceratops.
Yes, a paintscheme that works on one figure doesn't automatically work on another,
but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. It's all Martin's ideas, my only demand was: blueish black on the back.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 04, 2018, 06:56:24 PM
.... honestly that will cost you a considerable amount of money if I do not mistake the repainting services.
Those works of art obviously have a price.  :)

As amargasaurus cazaui wrote, it's worth every cent .... I mean pence ;) .
It's a pity those beautiful sculpts are too often ruined by unsavory paint jobs.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 04, 2018, 07:27:24 PM
It is a gorgeous piece Helge, congrats.....can we assume your blue triceratops phase has safely passed us now?

Thanks, Michael! Not completely! As stated above the back's black has a blue shimmer ;D .

amargasaurus cazaui

enter....."the blue shimmer phase!!"

Reptilia

What a professional paintjob can do...

postsaurischian

:)

~ •    CollectA deluxe Iguanodon    • ~

Dinosaur toy companies aren't good at arithmetic. CollectA states the scale to be 1:40.
         Even if Iguanodon was given a length of 10 m (as they furthermore describe on the pamphlet) the figure should only be 25 cm long.
                           Measured along the spine it's 30 cm. Giving Iguanodon a total length of 8 m, the figure is in 1:25 - 1:30.

-  next to Matt Manit's 1:20 model  -

Bokisaurus

Lovely ^-^ I like that new colors on the trike much better than the original one ;), as well as the dimetrodon.

Lanthanotus

I dig that Matt Manit's Iguanodon paint scheme :)... my CollectA Igunaodon should arrive on the morrow, can't wait.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments! Here's the other new Iguanodont ....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ •    CollectA Mantellisaurus    • ~

Reptilia

It goes without saying, you've found the right place for that Mantellisaurus.

PhilSauria

Love the drinking diorama. If ever a figure came ready for placement in an environment this is one such candidate. What did you use for the water - or is it just that - water? Kayakasaurus used some sort of artificial material in one of his videos.

Shonisaurus

I had a minor appreciation for that figure initially but I see that it is much better than I expected. The mantellisaurus although it is standard is more detailed than I supposed.

On the other hand it serves to make prehistoric dioramas worthy of sending in contests of DTF.

The position of the mantellisaurus in position to drink is very successful.  ^-^

ceratopsian

The reddish stone is a perfect artistic complement to the streaks of red of the Mantellisaurus.  I like this model more each time I see people's photos.  I also like very much the reflection of its face etc in the water.

postsaurischian

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 06, 2018, 09:04:03 PM
What did you use for the water - or is it just that - water? Kayakasaurus used some sort of artificial material in one of his videos.

The base was'n built by me. It's made by Bernd Willmer.
The video posted by RobinGoodfellow explains it pretty well, I guess.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 07, 2018, 04:34:47 PM
I had a minor appreciation for that figure initially but I see that it is much better than I expected. .......

I wasn't sure either when I saw the first advertisements. But when I realized how small it was I ordered it.
I like little delicate models. This one feels almost like a slightly larger Dinotales figure ^-^ .

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 07, 2018, 04:52:06 PM
The reddish stone is a perfect artistic complement to the streaks of red of the Mantellisaurus.  .......

Thank you! Well observed ;) .

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 07, 2018, 04:52:06 PM
....... I also like very much the reflection of its face etc in the water.

I tried to show as much reflection as possible, but the permanently installed T. rex was a stumbling block for taking pics from the best angles >:( :-X .
Hm ... how can I get him out there without destroying too much of the water or his foot? I think I'm gonna ask Martin.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: