News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

microraptorgui

What an amazing thread!  I hadn't noticed it before now.  Thank you so much for sharing your collection, Postsaurischian!
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

postsaurischian

Thank you, microraptorgui. I'm glad you like it :) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ •    Music & Dinosaurs    • ~

Lanthanotus

Aww, that Huanghetitan is haunting me.... seen it in two or three pics this week and I already wanted it before..... but shipping rates are killin' it :/
Did you put some tiny birds/pterosaurus on its back?

postsaurischian

You should get it as long as you can! Everything Dinosaur's shipping quotes have always been fair.
Yes, there are two Safari Good Luck Mini Blue Morphos on its back :) .

Lanthanotus

Yes, but it's still a serious amount of cash ... need to think about....

Haha, so some monstrous butterflies, nice touch :)

Shonisaurus

The rare Huanghetitan sauropod is huge! I would like to have it but for reasons of the vinyl material it is made of and even more of an economic nature, I did not buy it. Sorry it's a vinyl number and not PVC! I would have in my case a buyer insurance.  :)

Libraraptor

your music collection and the dinosaurs go well together!  Unfortunately I can't see which bands you listen to.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2018, 12:49:56 AM
Sorry it's a vinyl number and not PVC! I would have in my case a buyer insurance.  :)

PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride.
PVC is vinyl too, just in a more complex way.
PNSO Huanghetitan is made of plastic.
It's big and hollow and it's not fragile; it's not like a resin figure.
It can suffer from scratches (as every other pvc figure) but it won't break like resin models usually do..

Libraraptor

If that Huanghetitan was completely massive, it would be twice as heavy as Schleichs Apatosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 18, 2018, 07:46:11 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2018, 12:49:56 AM
Sorry it's a vinyl number and not PVC! I would have in my case a buyer insurance.  :)

PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride.
PVC is vinyl too, just in a more complex way.
PNSO Huanghetitan is made of plastic.
It's big and hollow and it's not fragile; it's not like a resin figure.
It can suffer from scratches (as every other pvc figure) but it won't break like resin models usually do..

Well, it's good to know, Robin, you explain yourself as an encyclopedia. Then I'm thinking about buying all the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (basilosaurus and carcharodon) from PNSO.  :)

Reptilia

I keep my CDs and figures together as well!  ;D

postsaurischian

^-^   M-See model No.2 - Carnotaurus diorama "EXPEL" (sculpted by Muxi, paint scheme by Tison Zhang)
                                                        with thanks to acro-man who helped me to get it from China

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carnotaurus

Cearadactylus

Kritosaurus

M-See 1:35 Carnotaurus next to Safari Carnegie Collection 1:30 version:

acro-man

And that's so fast you shot those beautiful photos.
It's cool those Cearadactylus are flying without the support.
I am already imagining using them in this year's diorama contest, if there's any!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Nimravus

Really nice piece and great pictures

Shonisaurus

The cearadacylus, the kritosaurus corpse and the carnotaurus are great. Chinese companies have enormous potential in making resin and toy figures of prehistoric quality animals.

Thank you for your postsaurischian photos are beautiful.  8)

ceratopsian

Superb photos as always. The detail of the skin on photo 2, the one of the front end of the Carnotaurus, is amazing in its clarity and sharpness.  Like acro-man, I admire how your photo shows the pterosaurs without support - very ingenious!

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

:)  X-Plus • Prehistoric Masterpiece Collection No.1 ~ Styracosaurus
                                                                        originally sculpted by Shinzen Takeuchi

next to a metal knock-off of the Favorite desktop skull
                                                (I bought it many years ago when I still didn't know Favorite even existed)

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 20, 2018, 02:49:39 PM
                                               :)  X-Plus • Prehistoric Masterpiece Collection No.1 ~ Styracosaurus
                                                                       originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa 
                                                           next to a metal knock-off of the Favorite desktop skull
                                                (I bought it many years ago when I still didn't know Favorite even existed)
I'm not as expert as yourself, but, I think there might be some corrections to the credentials :

If you already mention knock-offs :
Don't the  X-Plus itself a knock-off of the Happinet model ?

- http://www.happinettoys.com/daikyoryujidai/softbig.html

For some reason I think the model is of Takeuchi  SHINZEN :

- http://www.niji.or.jp/home/shinzen/Styraco2.html

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 20, 2018, 03:07:23 PM
Don't the  X-Plus itself a knock-off of the Happinet model ?
For some reason I think the model is of Takeuchi  SHINZEN.

:-[ Oops! I confused names. Thanks, I changed that.
      So it's a double knock-off meeting ;D .

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •    Vitae 1:35 Sinoceratops zhuchengensis    • ~
                                                                         originally sculpted by Cheung Chung Tat

A very beautiful figure! The only very little complaint is that Vitae pressed the pugs mirror-inverted on the base,
                                                             but it's not too bad because the pugs aren't very deep.

next to Favorite's version, which is in about 1:50

New Age of Chinasaurs 1:35 Ceratopsians   

PNSO Triceratops "Doyle"    •    Prehistoric Passions Pentaceratops    •    Vitae Sinoceratops

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: