News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Trike

That´s one impressive collection! How many pieces do you have by now?
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Shonisaurus

By the way, the Kabaya dinosaurs are made of the same material as the Kaiyodo dinosaurs? They are very pretty.

ceratopsian

The Kabaya Seismosaurus is very pleasing.

acro-man

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 16, 2018, 03:13:27 PM
Agreed.
That repaint is incredible, making me regret selling mine.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Lone Trike on April 16, 2018, 11:28:10 AM
That´s one impressive collection! How many pieces do you have by now?

I don't know. I haven't counted them. Several hundreds, maybe a thousand :-[ ?

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2018, 03:08:24 PM
By the way, the Kabaya dinosaurs are made of the same material as the Kaiyodo dinosaurs? They are very pretty.

The Kabaya Dinosaurs are made of a similar plastic as the Kaiyodo Dinotales figures.

Quote from: acro-man on April 16, 2018, 03:42:53 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on April 16, 2018, 03:13:27 PM
Agreed.
That repaint is incredible, making me regret selling mine.

I have one (unpainted figure) left in case you're intersted ;) .

Lanthanotus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 17, 2018, 09:59:06 AM
[...]
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2018, 03:08:24 PM

The Kabaya Dinosaurs are made of a similar plastic as the Kaiyodo Dinotales figures.
[...]

Are you sure on that? I found my Kaiyodo (Dinotales) to be made of a very hard, resin like material that rather breaks than bends while the Kabaya (I only got the series of five with the Seismosaurus parts) are also of a rigid, but much sturdier plastic, the Kabaya Seismosaurus is permanently on display here and my son plays with it, wouldn't dare that with the small Kaiyodos.

Nevertheless from a colelctor's perspective, either are stable enough to be handled without bigger fear of breakage and both are well made and captivating series.

Lone Trike

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 17, 2018, 09:59:06 AM
I don't know. I haven't counted them. Several hundreds, maybe a thousand :-[ ?

I used to collect fossils as a kid. I know how addictive it can be :))
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

postsaurischian

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Ceratopsians   
                                                                              pre-built & pre-painted vinyl series
                                                          originally sculpted by Kazunari Araki and Shinobu Matsumura

Chasmosaurus                 Anchiceratops                 Styracosaurus

Shonisaurus

These figures are very good except for the styracosaurus (which I sincerely see on my part less interesting), the anchiceratops and chasmosaurus are the ceraptosides that I would like some day to make a toy company en masse and in a large size or by the least medium-large.

I congratulate you postsaurischan for your new acquisitions and thank you for sharing the photos of those three beauties.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks, Shoni! The Dinoland ceratopsians aren't new acquisitions. I bought them many years ago,
       but I thought it was time to take new pics and show them here. The following is a new acquisition .......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)  PREY Collection 1:56 Spinosaurus
                                                     (sculpted by Alexander Belov - built-up & painted by Martin Garratt)

next to a modern animal with a similarly designed sail:
                                                                  Kaiyodo Aquatales Polyresin #1-005 Sailfish

:)  Spinosaurism!
             1. PREY Collection    2. Safari Carnegie Collection    3. TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S. Dino Expo 2011    4. Kaiyodo Dinotales No.89B
                5. KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER    6. Kaiyodo Dino Expo 2016    7. Favorite Softmodel    8. David Krentz Saurozoic Collection

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shonisaurus

This fabulous Alexander Belov spinosaurus, a gift for my eyes.

My congratulations are postsaurischan.  :)

Jose S.M.

That's a great looking Spino, very nice coloration!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 01, 2018, 10:59:51 PM

I really like your photography (..and your collection  ;) ).
Could I share a little tips about improving your images?
I know that you're using natural sun light coming from above your figures.
Pictures might be a little under-exposed that way (frontally dark).
A simple trick is about using a bouncing/fill light in front of your figures.
A simple big sheet of white paper is enough to bounce the sun light and fill your figures on the front.

Hope it could be useful and sorry for the off-topic  :-[

Regards
:)

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 02, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
....... Could I share a little tips about improving your images?
I know that you're using natural sun light coming from above your figures.
Pictures might be a little under-exposed that way (frontally dark).
A simple trick is about using a bouncing/fill light in front of your figures.
A simple big sheet of white paper is enough to bounce the sun light and fill your figures on the front. .......

:)  Thanks for your advice. I have been using the white paper sheet trick when the light source comes from behind the object.
       But in most cases I'm taking my pics with the sun coming from behind me, so the figures are well exposed.
       The problem with a white background (which I simply love) is that it makes the object look darker and you have to lighten up the pictures.
       In the pic you've quoted, my mistake was to show relatively dark figures next to relatively lightish ones, which means I had to come to
       a compromise. Giving the Krentz Spinosaurus the light it deserved would make the white Kaiyodo figure so bright it would nearly merge
       with the background. So yes, not a perfect picture :( . I should have put the white Kaiyodo in front of a darker figure.

8)  PREY Collection 1:56 Kronosaurus
                                                     (sculpted by Alexander Belov - built-up & painted by Martin Garratt)

Chasing the Archelon from Kaiyodo's CapsuleQ Museum: Marine reptiles. The human scale figure is from the same set.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PREY Collection
                                         Kronosaurus                                 Dunkleosteus                                Spinosaurus

Shonisaurus

As you can see, with the resin figures such as the company of prehistoric figures Prey Collection you can make real flourishes. That movement and those details can not be captured by the best PVC or vinyl dinosaur companies.

The resin figures are more expensive but they are worth it in an absolute way.  :P

Bokisaurus

Those are cool and amazing set. Too bad they are rather expensive and hard to get. Awesome job on the repaint as always :D

tyrantqueen

Don't change a thing about your photos, they're magnificent the way they are! You can look at these photos and know instantly that it's a Postsaurischian piece, because your style is so individual.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 02, 2018, 07:54:46 PM
Don't change a thing about your photos, they're magnificent the way they are! You can look at these photos and know instantly that it's a Postsaurischian piece, because your style is so individual.

I didn't suggest to change anything.
I like Postsaurischian' pictures too.
I'm following his thread since DTF v1.
It was only a little technical information.
Even photography has its grammar...
:)

Shonisaurus

I sincerely like all the photos of the members of the forum for example both the photos of Postsaurischian, Robin, Roselaar, Halichoeres, UK or Bokisaurus for putting several examples have their charm.

Tylosaurus

Hey that's very nice to see the Krono model that my friend Alexander Belov made Postsaurischian! 8)

He is a very active member from my Dino group from Facebook named Info & Collections of Dinosaurs & Minerals  :)
Weekly he posts new updates of his awesome work also how he makes these awesome accurate models .

Very cool to see his work here as well, love the paint schemes that Krono was given, really makes him lifelike.
Not to forget that Spinosaurus Alexander Belov made as well:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: