News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 02, 2018, 07:54:46 PM
Don't change a thing about your photos, they're magnificent the way they are! You can look at these photos and know instantly that it's a Postsaurischian piece, because your style is so individual.

Agree, post's photos are very distinctive, they definitely stand out from the crowd. I don't know if he's a professional photographer, but his work certainly looks professional.

And wonderful set of Prey Collection models you got!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on May 03, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
Hey that's very nice to see the Krono model that my friend Alexander Belov made Postsaurischian! 8)

He is a very active member from my Dino group from Facebook named Info & Collections of Dinosaurs & Minerals  :)
Weekly he posts new updates of his awesome work also how he makes these awesome accurate models .

Very cool to see his work here as well, love the paint schemes that Krono was given, really makes him lifelike.

Quote from: Reptilia on May 03, 2018, 01:55:15 PM
....... wonderful set of Prey Collection models you got!

Alexander Belov makes some pretty awesome 1:56 models. To me his Spinosaurus for example is the most beautiful version of the species available. And I'm talking about all of them - no matter what material they're made of or how expensive they are. His one is the best :) . I don't like his terrestrial Dinosaurs too much, but for the aquatic species he's the man!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 02, 2018, 07:04:28 PM
Those are cool and amazing set. Too bad they are rather expensive and hard to get. Awesome job on the repaint as always :D

You are right, but they're worth it. Due to the fact that I don't have a credit card and that I don't do facebook I was dependent on a little help from a friend. Some casts had still to be done and it took a while for them to travel from Russia to Germany, then go to England to get painted and then (perfectly packed by Marilyn) back again to Germany. Yes, time and money consuming - but between ourselves - it was still about half the price I would have to pay if I bought them finished from Urzeitshop. Since I'm not a millionaire I put up with the wait.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 02, 2018, 07:54:46 PM
Don't change a thing about your photos, they're magnificent the way they are! You can look at these photos and know instantly that it's a Postsaurischian piece, because your style is so individual.

Thank you very much Louise! Calling someone's style individual is the biggest compliment :) .

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 02, 2018, 08:14:01 PM
I didn't suggest to change anything.
It was only a little technical information.

I didn't get you wrong ;) .

Quote from: Reptilia on May 03, 2018, 01:55:15 PM
Agree, post's photos are very distinctive, they definitely stand out from the crowd. I don't know if he's a professional photographer, but his work certainly looks professional.

Thank you!  ;D No I'm not a professional photographer. In most of my pictures I'd find many things that would prove this beyond doubt. A few photos turned out pretty good though ..... sorry, that was a bit conceited :-[ . I'm not using any professional equipment - just an average digital camera, my right eye, my hands, the sun, the Dinosaurs and differently coloured cardboard sheets. But I have been an admirer of art for decades and I guess my eyes and brain are shaped by artistical experience. And that's half the battle if you ask me -> Good light and neat room layout.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

«::: Schleich Kindergarten minis :::»

There's a thread asking what your first Dinosaur toy was. I thought I'd answer this here in my collection thread.
                        It was in 1970 or 1971 - I cannot really tell - when I got these. The first two were the theropod (Allosaurus?)
                        and the ceratopsian (Monoclonius?). Again I can't say which was first. The theropod I got from my dentist for
                        being a brave patient and the ceratopsian I swapped with another little boy at Kindergarten who became my
                         best friend and still is today :D . You see how Dinosaurs can lead to friendships that last for more than 45
                          years and will probably last forever? These are still my original figures and I would never give them away.

Theropod

Sauropod

Ankylosaur

The whole Kindergarten gang

Pelycosaur

Ceratopsian

Plesiosaur

Bokisaurus

;D When Schleich was still cute! LOL!

Libraraptor

Yeah the Schleich minis still rock,  I like them very much.  Needless to add I am still a regular visitor and I am very fond of your collection!

Reptilia

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 03, 2018, 04:56:50 PM
But I have been an admirer of art for decades and I guess my eyes and brain are shaped by artistical experience.

We have fairly similar interests then. I too would love to dive into photography one day, I just can't reach a good basic equipment at the moment - I mean a decent camera - but if and when I eventually do I'll no doubt take your photos as an example. They are very neat and essential, I've yet to see something better among dino hobbyists.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 03, 2018, 07:32:01 PM
Yeah the Schleich minis still rock,  I like them very much.

To me they're still the best Dinosaur line Schleich has ever produced ;D .
  The release of this year's Psittacosaurus might be the start of a new era.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)  Papo Therizinosaurus

Measured along the spine the figure is 28 cm long.
                                             Giving Therizinosaurus a total length of 10 m the figure is in about 1:35.

The Big Three
                                                      Papo   ~   David Krentz Saurozoic Collection   ~   CollectA deLuxe

Jose S.M.

Oh 1:35 works perfect for me! Thanks figure has me thinking, it's certainly imposing but has it's inaccuracies. But again it's such an eye catching figure. The fact that it's in 1:35 like many of my collection's favorites is a point in favour for me to get it. Wonderful photos as always.

Shonisaurus

The Papo's therizinosaurus is awesome is a true masterpiece. Gorgeus!

And it remains to reveal the quetzalcoatlus of Papo! That for me is another of the great ones along with the acrocanthosaurus and therizinosaurus of Papo.

You will make an exceptional couple with my therizinosaurus from Collecta.

I'm very happy for you, postsaurischian, that you already have that precious dinosaur.  8)

ITdactyl

OH wow... seam lines...
:D

Beautiful photos (as usual)... and it even looks better if it's not screaming.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the photos, Helge.

The Therizinosaurus sculpt is really nice though I get the feeling Mr Seohas only one pair of feet for every theropod. I'd really appreciate a more "civil" pose for Papo's figures, this in particular looks as if it wants to summon some demons from the ground. Nevertheless, the head is so nice and look at that potbelly.... need to get this figure!

DinoToyForum

I'm so jealous of your photography skills. Your approach treats toys like works of art. 8)

Roselaar

That Theri is pretty impressive, despite the pose and the visible seam lines. I don't understand the harsh criticism that's raining down on it, it's not that bad.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 06, 2018, 09:39:45 PM
That Theri is pretty impressive, despite the pose and the visible seam lines. I don't understand the harsh criticism that's raining down on it, it's not that bad.

I would point out that it is the best therizinosaurus done for now by a toy company, regardless of whether the Collecta is very good and very scientific both the Deluxe version and standard.

Papo therizinosaurus is a masterpiece and I can say the same of acrocanthosaurus and Papo's quetzalcoatlus. Neither do I understand the harsh criticism that has on the part of forum members respected but not shared by me. He is a great figure.

PhilSauria

Yep, now I'm definitely ordering the Papo Theriz - these photos will do more for the sales on this one than the promo images released by Papo!! (Wish my images were this sharp!) Certainly highlights the amount of detail put into this; amazing. On seeing this it really makes you wonder how that Amargasaur made it through quality control and into production.

Reptilia

I was waiting for this masterpiece to appear here. Your lens really highlights the incredible amount of fine detail this figure displays, I just love the feet and the scissor-like fingers. It is posed so peculiarly and cleverly that the articulated jaw works perfectly to give two different meanings to the stance: when opened it looks like the beast is facing another animal, be it another of its kind or a predator, in a fight; when closed it looks like the Therizinosaurus is placidly approaching some plants for its veg meal. Definitely my pick for best 2018 figure.

Centrosaur86

Wow the Therizinosaurus of Papo is the best, the best Therizinosaurus model so far.. Good size and Great photo, s! I expect this model today or tomorrow deliver to me  ;D

Bokisaurus

Papo's Theri is looking good. I like it, would make a nice pair with CollectA's, looks like they are about the same size, with Papa being a bit bulkier.

Nimravus

Your pictures are outstanding as usual Postsaurischian.
I was doubtful about Papo's Theri, but you have made me see it clear. This dino is a must!

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you very much for the comments!

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 06, 2018, 08:01:39 PM
....... Your approach treats toys like works of art. 8)

..... which is what they are to me :) .

postsaurischian

:)

~ •    CollectA deluxe Dunkleosteus    • ~

A figure I didn't want to get when I first saw the stock photos and the baad toy fare pics.
                                   I changed my mind immediately when I saw Boki's presentation. It's good to have the DTF.

Measured along the spine the figure is 28 cm long.
                                                Giving Dunkleosteus a total length of 6 m the figure is in about 1:20.

Devonian Sea ~ hunting scene

The Safari Stethacanthus was able to escape. Now after the Sideshow Ammonites!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: