News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Wow! And if I may cite Niroot...
:o :o :o
And of course WSF is difficult to photograph and I can't wait to see the Isisaurus painted but the natural light and shadow in your photos and the size references reveal a lot more than those CGI pictures on shapeways, really! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 22, 2012, 05:52:38 PM
>  Shapeways  Isisaurus   DeLuxe version by  RareBreed  (white Strong & Flexible)
I guess it's about 1:40 - 1:45  /  The most beautiful figure of a Titanosaurid I have so far :) .......

Very impressive! I was considering buying it, but it's a bit expensive that size.... maybe on my b-day ;D

Dyscrasia

Wow, those are some beautiful additions to your collection which is already beyond impressive~!

Libraraptor

Champions League collecting, Helge! I do love that pic with Invicta Apatosaurus so much, it shows paradigms changed so massively over the last 30 or so years. I want to have such an Isisaurus, question is where do I get one and how much is it?!

brontodocus

The Isisaurus is available via shapeways, Helge's version is the Deluxe, there are also smaller versions and other models available from the same designer. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

radman

Hey, did I call this or what: 8)

From Sept 25th 2012 figures thread:
For those with deep pockets (cough,Helge ),  share it with us.  Looks like a really nice and unique figure.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/684377/isisaurus-deluxe.html

Anyway, figure looks awesome, and some great comparison shots by H.  Look forward to seeing your painted versions, and hope to get my own someday soon.  Congrats on a great acquisition!

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks Andre, Boki & Dyscrasia for the comments!

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 26, 2012, 01:37:08 PM
I do love that pic with Invicta Apatosaurus so much, it shows paradigms changed so massively over the last 30 or so years.

I'm glad you like it :). I was thinking the same while taking the pic.

Quote from: radman on October 26, 2012, 06:24:13 PM
Hey, did I call this or what: 8)

..... sort of ;D. You're guilty!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:o ...got a package from the U.K. that nearly knocked me off my feet :D
                           ;D Martin has given me unbelievably big pleasure. He's sent me a 'one of a kind' model ;D

.......  :D  :D   HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY   :D  :D  .......

This means a lot to me.
                                                                     ....... well, here is the very unique .......

Guanlong wucaii (1:9) made by Martin Garratt

I am sooo truly thankful!! Life is good ^-^. ....... still can't believe it.

brontodocus

Wow, I think I can understand why it means so much to you! :o :) Not only it's a Guanlong but what a Guanlong it is! Actually I really like that it has a wattle. So is this a one-of-a-kind thing or is it a kit that he already completed for you?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Amazing Guanlong. I like basal tiranosaurids  :)).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comments, guys :)!

Quote from: brontodocus on October 28, 2012, 09:39:14 PM
So is this a one-of-a-kind thing or is it a kit that he already completed for you?

It's a one-of-a-kind thing ^-^.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>:D Ceratopsian time !!

2 more or less new figures that got my attention:

Paleomaster  Diabloceratops  (designed by Fabio Pastori / built up & painted by Martin Garratt)
                                Favorite 2012 Dinosaur Softmodel series  Styracosaurus  (designed by Kazunari Araki)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

brontodocus

Yay, I'm really impressed by the new Favorite Styracosaurus. :) Just when I thought I didn't like Araki's sculpts that much anymore... :-[ Of course the Diabloceratops painted by Martin Garratt is in its own league! :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on October 30, 2012, 11:55:38 AM
Yay, I'm really impressed by the new Favorite Styracosaurus. :) Just when I thought I didn't like Araki's sculpts that much anymore... :-[

:o :) What has he done wrong?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

... well. here's another Araki:

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Parasaurolophus (re-painted by Martin Garratt)

Some may notice that the paintjob is inspired by a painting of our beloved member Gryphoceratops :)
                                                                                        See here for more!

that is the Safari 'Good Luck Mini' Blue Morpho

brontodocus

Wow, I guess Chris will also be very happy about chosing his drawing as a template! :) It's a great idea you also placed the Good Luck Mini Morphos on it for the photo! ^-^

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 30, 2012, 05:24:37 PM
:o :) What has he done wrong?
Ah, nothing wrong, really. It's just, somehow I found Araki's sculpting style a little too recognizable lately, e.g. the textures, especially when I look at my Kabaya "Dinosaur Collection" figures (the set that includes the "Seismosaurus"). Not that I would dislike his work :-[ . Oddly enough the overall style and texture of the Dinoland Parasaurolophus look completely different from what I mean. :)

radman

Wow, some really beautiful new acquisitions, esp the Guanlong, which I know is one your favorites.  Congratulations, your collection continues to amaze; I'm jealous. :D

Jetoar

postsaurischian

^-^   Favorite 2012 Dinosaur Softmodel series (designed by Kazunari Araki)

Velociraptor

Spinosaurus

Simon

The amazing thing about Araki is how many different dinosaur lines, from high-accuracy and detail models, to simple toys, as well as non-dino related toys he has sculpted to date.  He has to be hands-down the most successful paleo-artist in the world, bar none.

Other sculptors like Yuji Sakai of Kaiju fame and Shinzen command huge prices per kit, but no one is as prolific as Kazunari Araki.

Primeval12

Streight to Ebay for me!
(Happy Hall >:D ween)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: