News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Man those new Favorite figures are cool! :o  Congrats on those and the super cool models Postsaurischian!

brontodocus

Uhm... uhm... Dear Mr. Araki-san, please forgive me! :-[ ;D The Spinosaurus is excellent! ^-^

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 30, 2012, 05:24:37 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on October 30, 2012, 11:55:38 AM
Yay, I'm really impressed by the new Favorite Styracosaurus. :) Just when I thought I didn't like Araki's sculpts that much anymore... :-[

:o :) What has he done wrong?

....... well. here's another Araki ;D:

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20  Parasaurolophus  painted by Martin Garratt

Wow it looks fantastic!  Thank you for using my painting as the inspiration!  The little butterflies worked out perfectly too!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on November 01, 2012, 01:55:17 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on October 30, 2012, 05:24:37 PM
Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20  Parasaurolophus  painted by Martin Garratt

Wow it looks fantastic!  Thank you for using my painting as the inspiration!  The little butterflies worked out perfectly too!

I'm very happy with how it turned out! I'm glad you like it, too :). I've been loving the coloration from the first moment I saw your picture.

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite 2012 Dinosaur Softmodel series (designed by Kazunari Araki)

Tyrannosaurus

Feathered T. rex

Both figures come with bases. Mine can stand without, so I didn't use them for the pics.

Jetoar

Incredible. Have you got the allosaurus?
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

brontodocus

Ah! :) How come I hadn't realized how different the new Tyrannosaurus figures are - one with and one without feathers? And two really massive looking ones, by the way. :) Oh, and your Morphos arrived yesterday many thanks! ^-^

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

tyrantqueen

I think I'll go for the brown one when it is released here. I already have two green Rexes (Papo) anyway, so some variety is good.

I have to say that the teeth on those rexes are quite crudely carved and sloppily painted though.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on November 02, 2012, 11:47:13 PM
Have you got the allosaurus?

Sorry, no Allosaurus :-[ ....... yet.

Quote from: brontodocus on November 03, 2012, 12:12:09 AM
Oh, and your Morphos arrived yesterday many thanks! ^-^

May they bring you good luck :)!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 03, 2012, 07:46:59 AM
I think I'll go for the brown one when it is released here.

I agree. I like the brown one much better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^   Favorite 2012 Dinosaur Softmodel series  Stegosaurus  (designed by Kazunari Araki)

Seijun

I liked the steg until I got to its missing cheeks. Personal preference I guess, but I find it creepy.

The styrac is gorgeous, and I really like the brown rex. The styrac in particular is my favorite styrac toy to date.  The spinosaurus is a bit of a mystery to me because the head is wrong. Def not as wrong as giving it a JP spino head, but it is still very poor compared to a real spino skull. Araki is a skilled and obviously very knowledgeable paleoartist, so I am confused about why his spinos's head is not more accurate.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Stego is nice, apart from that same recycled colour scheme again... ::)

Gryphoceratops

I think the head on that stegosaurus is too big. 

Jetoar

I like the Stego. Even I see the plates of his throat  ^-^ but I think the same that Gryphoceratops.

copper

the dinoland parasaurolophus is very beautiful, that color scheme suits him/her perfectly. and i love the photo with the butterflies.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on November 04, 2012, 11:52:45 PM
I think the head on that stegosaurus is too big.

That's right, and the front feet's toes are also wrong, but I like its expression :).
At least this Stego has 17 plates ;D and I think it's the first toy figure with this feature ??? (except for the Kaiyodo Dinoland Stegosaurus which was also designed by Araki, but I'm not sure if it counts as a toy).

Quote from: copper on November 05, 2012, 02:41:25 PM
the dinoland parasaurolophus is very beautiful, that color scheme suits him/her perfectly. and i love the photo with the butterflies.

:)  Thank you copper.
Finally someone appreciates the struggling I had to keep these butterflies in position ;D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^   Favorite 2012 Dinosaur Softmodel series  Ankylosaurus  (designed by Kazunari Araki)

Jetoar

Beautiful ankilo. I like the colors  ^-^.

Seijun

How would you rate the hip width of the anky? I can't tell from the photos. The side profile is very nice though.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on November 06, 2012, 09:15:05 PM
Beautiful ankilo. I like the colors  ^-^.

Me too. I guess that purple lipstick makes it a She :).

Quote from: Seijun on November 06, 2012, 09:15:45 PM
How would you rate the hip width of the anky? I can't tell from the photos. The side profile is very nice though.

The hips are once again not wide enough ::). Somehow the companies don't wanna do that. The hips on the first series' Ankylosaurus Euoplocephalus were even wider.
But thinking about it - even the Krentz Ankylosaurus doesn't have those wide hips. Is it really the only true theory?

copper

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 06, 2012, 10:17:02 PM
The hips are once again not wide enough ::). Somehow the companies don't wanna do that. The hips on the first series' Ankylosaurus Euoplocephalus were even wider.
But thinking about it - even the Krentz Ankylosaurus doesn't have those wide hips. Is it really the only true theory?

what about shane foulkes' 1/18 ankylosaurus? i've been searching for a long time good ankylosaurus that would be accurate and pretty to look at.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: