News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Beautiful figures of Favorite Soft Model mini dinosaurs (as I call them). My figures are on the way.

Thanks for sharing the photographs.

ceratopsian

I like those minis. I have ordered some too, so it is a good thing I still Le them!  Excellent photos.

bmathison1972

Man, all those Fukuin Latin names... sorry, couldn't resist >:D

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 30, 2018, 11:49:16 PM
Man, all those Fukuin Latin names... sorry, couldn't resist >:D

They forgot Fukuiraptor... haha.
I am the Dinosaur King!

postsaurischian

:D

PALEOZOO 1:8 Sarcopterygian ~ Mandageria fairfaxi
                                                                                    created by Bruce Currie

click thumbnails to enlarge the portraits

~ • ~
                                                                           next to PALEOZOO's 1:8 Tiktaalik

Halichoeres

Glad you were able to get your hands on this one! Isn't it a beauty?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The resin of this prehistoric fish is superior as is obvious to one of toy. What I like the most besides modeling is his painting. Normally it is very difficult to see a PVC or vinyl dinosaur painted well. The painting adapts much better and realistically to the resin, apart from that a PVC dinosaur would be very expensive if you applied a special paint like the one you do with the adult collector figures and I understand it. That is one of the causes that usually a resin figure is sold at astronomical prices, for its modeling, presentation and painting.

Magnificent figures of Paleozoo.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 01, 2018, 10:30:53 PM
Glad you were able to get your hands on this one! Isn't it a beauty?

Thank you :) . I would say it's absolutely awesome! (ouch! the A-word) I can't store it away. Have to find a place for display.
   Now, PALEOZOO - Please give us an Ichthyostega or an Acanthostega too in the future!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 01, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
The resin of this prehistoric fish is superior as is obvious to one of toy. What I like the most besides modeling is his painting.

The Mandageria isn't made of resin. It's gypsum. And it's a 3D printed model. It's not hand-painted.
   It all happens during the printing process (Don't ask me how).

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 01, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
That is one of the causes that usually a resin figure is sold at astronomical prices, for its modeling, presentation and painting.

For what it is I don't think it's too expensive.

Lanthanotus

The detailing and coloration is top notch, great model and I think their printing is much more improved now than with older models, almost no production artifacts are visible and that rough texture adds to the natural look. I envy you for that nice fish :)

postsaurischian

:)

Invicta Lambeosaurus (painted by Martin Garratt)

~   next to the original figure   ~

tyrantqueen

The Lambeo is is my favourite Invicta. To my eyes, the paint helps it "pop" and adds to the realism as well. Maybe it's the pupils that make it look more alive. A big improvement over the unpainted.

Lanthanotus

Gorgeous repaint of a very nice model.... beautiful base aswell :)

Jose S.M.

The Lambeosaurus looks beautiful with it's repaint. It's definitely a great figure as it is but painted like that it looks, like tyrantqueen says, alive.

Shonisaurus

By the way, Martin Garratt how much does he charge for a repaint? Live in Europe? I say this out of simple curiosity, as it makes beautiful repaints.

The lambeosaurus of Invicta repainted like all his painted figures is magnificent.

IrritatorRaji

He's in England. He's quite cheap, he once told me that a Carnegie Spinosaurus (2009) would be £15.

Shonisaurus

ceratopsian

What a difference the Lambeosaurus repaint makes to the rather flat looking original.

JohannesB

I have that figure, and I find it a fascinating sculpt and a beautiful little model as it is, but that repaint is simply gorgeous! (As all paints by Martin Garratt are - anyone knows how to get in contact with him to ask for a commission?).

postsaurischian

:D Thank you all for the comments!
       Wow, great response. It's nice to see such a classic figure's still gaining so much love .

I won't be talking here about Martin's contact data or what he charges.
    But I can ask his partner Marilyn if it's okay to pass her business e-mail address along.
    Of course only via PM where such kind of conversation should be held.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 06, 2018, 04:13:32 PM
The Lambeo is is my favourite Invicta.

Mine too .... next to the Dimetrodon.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 06, 2018, 04:15:17 PM
Gorgeous repaint of a very nice model.... beautiful base aswell :)

Martin once made this base for my Dinosaur Studio Lambeosaurus.

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 06, 2018, 08:30:22 PM
What a difference the Lambeosaurus repaint makes to the rather flat looking original.

Martin  breathed life into the Lambeo :) .

postsaurischian

:)

Shapeways ~ 3D Creatures by Angie Rodrigues • 1:50 Hadrosaurs

Gryposaurus  &  Brachylophosaurus
     Angie's hadrosaurs were the very first Dinosaurs offered on Shapeways. The company itself was pretty new back then. I can remember
             that the response on DTF v.1 was overwhelming and we all felt that a new age of Dinosaur figure collecting had just started.
            I've been having these two figures for years and still love them a lot. They were produced in red, strong & flexible respectively
      jeans-blue, strong & flexible. I got used to the colours with the years, so I decided for them to basically keep these original colorations.
                         For the ones who might not know - Angie Rodrigues also worked with David Krentz on Dinosaur Revolution.

painted by Martin Garratt

~ • ~

together with the also freshly painted Invicta Lambeosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: