News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Thank you for showing us your acquisitions, the Dinosaur Studio lambeosaurus would be the one we needed it to make from a brand of toy dinosaurs, it is beautiful.

On the other hand, Schleich's parasaurolophus is as brilliant in its quality as its Favorite counterpart, and that Schleich's is not resin. Since Schleich abandoned the making of figures from the Humbold Museum in Berlin, he has unfortunately lost in brightness and quality in many cases, although not in others (diabloceratops, oviraptor, latest version triceratops, dracorex or dinogorgon).

On the other hand, the Collecta iguanodon is the best I have in a toy dinosaur figure, competing in quality with its Favorite resin counterpart. Along with Collecta's styracosaurus, his iguanodon are one of the best dinosaurs that this great brand has made in recent years. My congratulations.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 30, 2020, 05:49:44 PM
                                                                       ..... or Dinosaur Studio Lambeosaurus.

Couple Goals :P
Is that the Lambeo by Greg Wenzel? Both of these are beautifully painted.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 30, 2020, 09:44:16 PM
Is that the Lambeo by Greg Wenzel? Both of these are beautifully painted.

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus: Yes, it is.
The Lambeosaurus was painted by Martin Garratt and the Parasaurolophus is coloured like this ex works.

ceratopsian

The Parasaurolophus is an astonishingly detailed and beautiful for a factory release.  I love the Lambeosaurus though.  Such a natural-looking pose.  I also love the detail of the paintwork - like those little dots on the front of the crest.

BramS

Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor  picture is insane    8)

Really nice, im unfamiliar with the brand but wow !

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)

~ •     Papo limited edition #1 ~ Spinosaurus aegyptiacus     • ~

At first I didn't want to get this figure. I wasn't happy with what Papo had been doing throughout the last two years
          and the pictures did not convince me to order. There are so many Spinosaurs around and the pre-order hype was annoying me.
         Then I had the chance to see one in reality and could not resist. It's pretty hard to take a picture that shows its beautiful motion.
            One of those figures that do not show their true beauty in 2D it seems. Looking at the original right now I think I also failed.

triceratops83

Your photos are by far the best I've seen of that Spinosaurus. I still think they got lazy with the painting though, the old prototype pics look more in line with Papo quality.

I love the water effect backdrop!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisition. Honestly, the spinosaurus limited version of Papo 2019 is one of my favorite spinosaurus and my personal opinion is that it is the best theropod made by the Papo brand by far.

PhilSauria

This thing is very photogenic - great pics.

I never tire of pausing by the shelf that I have it on looking over all of that detail, and looking at that tail, amazed at how the artistic licence on the part of the sculptor was vindicated by fossil evidence! What are the odds?

SidB

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 09, 2020, 02:04:45 AM
This thing is very photogenic - great pics.

I never tire of pausing by the shelf that I have it on looking over all of that detail, and looking at that tail, amazed at how the artistic licence on the part of the sculptor was vindicated by fossil evidence! What are the odds?
By the way, congratulations avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria for hitting the 1000 post mark.

PhilSauria

Thanks. Didn't want my 1000th to be downbeat, as the Nanmu Apato comment was, so your photos were just the thing for some upbeat feedback.

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •     AMMONITES MANUFACTURING 1:10 Andrias davidianus     • ~

Another gem for my Giant Salamander collection. I'd also love to collect AMMONITES MANUFACTURING's Dinosaur skeletons, but all they do
     is in 1:10 and they're very expensive. This is their smallest model and just right for my collection although it's my first Giant Salamander
                            that's not Andrias japonicus and also the first one that's not being made by a Japanese manufacturer.

•   next to the Japanese Giant Salamander figure by Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour from their Salamander & Newts set   •

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •     Favorite Dinosaur Softmodels 2020     • ~
                                                                                designed by Kazunari Araki
                                                                                               part 1

•   Tarbosaurus   •

~   next to Tyrannosaurus   ~

•   Diplodocus   •

~   next to Brachiosaurus   ~

•   Iguanodon   •

~   next to Parasaurolophus   ~

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •     Sen Sen ~ 1:20 Hypsilophodon     • ~
                                                                         (built-up & painted by Martin Garratt)

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  Sen Sen's hypsilophodon is a masterpiece apart from that which is made by the brilliant and brilliant Martin Garratt, pretty figure and cool.

ceratopsian

Libraraptor

Small ornithopods are still highly underrepresented.  I Love that one!

Jose S.M.

That's a lovely piece! and I agree, we almost never get smaller ornithopods.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!  Sen Sen's Hypsilophodon is actually my first model of the species.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

~ •     PaleoWorld Studios ~ 1:40  Olorotitan     • ~
                                                             sculpted by Vitali Klatt / built-up & painted by Martin Garratt

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: