News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 28, 2020, 07:42:31 PM

New items for my Kingfisher collection
  Since I dicovered my love for Kingfisher birds last year, I have been looking around scanning the world for good figures                       
If you're scanning the world - so What about those amongst others ? ( Although I'm sure you are familiar with them ) :
( Will delete pics if you ask ;) )

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 28, 2020, 08:34:38 PM
You may like this one, Helge... there`s also a Kookaburra.

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus: Johan Scherft's paper models are very beautiful, especially the coloration. I have a few of them, including the Kookaburra,
which was a birthday present from former member brontodocus (I hope he'll come back one day). Unfortunately I do not own
the necessary printer and do not have the nerve to build these models, but brontodocus did a great job :) .

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 28, 2020, 09:53:47 PM
If you're scanning the world - so What about those amongst others ? ( Although I'm sure you are familiar with them ) :
( Will delete pics if you ask ;) )

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio: Yes, I'm aware that of the 9 different Kingfisher figures Kaiyodo had been producing throughout the years,
I only have one - the Birdtales 2 version (the one I wanted the most). But this will of course change in a while.
I'm just not willing to pay the current eBay (jubei) prices.
(Thanks for offering, it would be nice if you could delete the pics :) )

EDIT: I did the usual "all-choco-egg-figures-are-made-by-Kaiyodo" mistake.
                  - Animatales No.009 & 062 by Furuta; No.112 by Kayodo/Furuta; No.S05 by Kaiyodo/Takara
                  - Birdtales-2 No.003 & 004; CapsuleQ Museum No.268 by Kaiyodo
                  - Flying birds No.05 & 08 by Gakken/Furuta

BrontoScorpio

Of the Japan animals chocoegg & chocoQ I know of no. 9, 62, 112 to be Kingfishers.

As for the Furuta set of miniature birds - This is mine ( will delete later [/size]this pic also , if you ask ) -
I don't remember it to be that expensive - and, in any case, no need to buy anything from Jubei under any circumstances ...  ;) ;) ;)

postsaurischian

8)

REBOR ~ Titanoboa cerrejonensis     

comes with a crocodilian prey

next to a 1:30 human scale figure and a Boa constrictor from Colorata's Reptiles box

These two had never met but I couldn't resist to bring them together.
                                          Now we finally know why CollectA Jobaria's thorax seems so constricted ;D

Ikessauro

;D ;D Poor Jobaria!

Great pics, love what you did with Titanoboa and the Dino. There actually are lots of paintings and drawings of giant snakes battling dinos around. Now we can finally make it happen in 3D  :))

ceratopsian

Beautiful photos.  I especially like the composition of the final one - the two mouths of Titanoboa and Jobaria echo each other in a very pleasing way.

sauroid

very beautiful pics and composition.
(btw, is it true that the REBOR Titanoboa is already out of stock/production)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: sauroid on July 20, 2020, 05:12:20 AM
..... is it true that the REBOR Titanoboa is already out of stock/production?

At Modellpferdeversand (the only shop that offered the Titanoboa in Germany) it was sold out immediately.
I can't say anything about the production status though.

RobinGoodfellow

..(always a fan of your thread  8) )...

Smilodon P.

bmathison1972

I think I'll be adding that Rebor Titanboa to my Synoptic Collection!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 19, 2020, 03:59:45 PM

Rebor has the really bad habit to steal others' pictures from the web to advertise its products on Facebook, without authorization from creators.
As a professional, I really hate this behavior from Rebor.   >:(

Just to let you know that Rebor is using your pictures on his Facebook page..

Could I suggest to use a watermark or a label on your beautiful pictures ?
:)

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Superb and artistic photos of the great Rebor titanoboa and my congratulations on all your new acquisitions.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow I sincerely agree with you regarding the Collecta jobaria with the titanoa, the photo is posted on the Rebor Facebook page. I think the only solution is to label each photo you take of your collection of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals with the collector's name, although it is also true that if I had that mastery to take those great photographs that postsaurischian does, it would not have the least inconvenience than a Company of genius and artistic height like Rebor will pirate such photos, but I totally understand your position Robin.

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 24, 2020, 08:17:47 AM
Rebor has the really bad habit to steal others' pictures from the web to advertise its products on Facebook, without authorization from creators.
As a professional, I really hate this behavior from Rebor.   >:(

Just to let you know that Rebor is using your pictures on his Facebook page..

Could I suggest to use a watermark or a label on your beautiful pictures ?

Thanks for letting me know. I understand your concerns about this. You're earning your money with taking photographs.
To me it's a hobby and I think using watermarks wouldn't make my pics look better.

When it comes to other people using my pictures without asking, I have given up trying to do anything against it quite some time ago. Too time consuming without any effect.
For example eBay doesn't really show any interest in this. A lot of eBay sellers are still using pics of mine. And there are also a lot of my pictures that I've found on different forums and sale pages. I don't care anymore. Since the invention of the internet there is no copyright anymore in this world :P. One better gets used to it.

The only people who have asked throughout the last 10 years are David Krentz, Dan (Dan's Dinosaurs), all DTF members and Martin (Garratt) & Marilyn who still keep on asking everytime I'm showing one of Martin's repaints and I keep on saying everytime that they wouldn't have to ask ;D.

BTW: My computer has left me a few weeks ago ("It died with an awful sound"). R.I.P.! That's one reason why I haven't been too active here lately. It will still take some weeks until I'll have a new PC and be able to work on pictures again. During this time I'm working hard on my Kingfisher collection ;D - a modern Dinosaur family I deeply fell in love with - using a laptop I've borrowed.

ceratopsian

By coincidence my computer has also died!  If it cannot be mended I will also be without one for a while.

I look forward to seeing your excellent photos when you have a new one.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2020, 02:32:23 PMBy coincidence my computer has also died!  If it cannot be mended I will also be without one for a while.

They might meet in computer heaven exchanging Dinosaur pictures O:-) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ •    CollectA 1:2 Caviramus Deluxe    • ~
                                                                            originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

CollectA Pterosaur Deluxe Quartet
                                       Guidraco        •        Dimorphodon        •        Caviramus        •        Caiuajara

Shonisaurus

@My congratulations on your new acquisition. Honestly, the caviramus is the most colorful pterosaur of the four that exist today in Collecta, it is the one with the most vivid and less conservative colors. It is a beautiful figure although perhaps I like the saltriovenator, lisowicia and megalodon more among the Deluxe figures of this last half of the year 2020 by Collecta.

Lanthanotus

Nice photos, they enhance the already interesting pose of the figure. I really like the sculpt, but why did they blunt the teeth and claws like that? They were reasonably sharp in the Dimorphodon and the Guidraco... well, I like if a good figure offers an opportunity to customize it....

ceratopsian

I like the thought of our computers meeting up!  I am still waiting for the required spare part.

As always skilful shots. I think the first of the outdoor photos is superb. It looks most like a real breathing animal in habitat. The perspective of Caviramus is dramatic and the sunlight behind its tail is the perfect touch. Excellent group shot too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: