News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

How I would like to have that Collecta microraptor in my collection, in my case I will have to wait. What I see as the only flaw in my opinion and my complete ignorance about biology / paleontology that the microraptor teeth are all fairly uniform.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 31, 2020, 10:27:45 PM
....... the Microraptor has weak teeth.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2020, 01:56:53 PM
....... the microraptor teeth are all fairly uniform.

You're both right. Unfortunately this is a widely spread problem among toy Dinosaurs.
Painting the teeth a bit more carefully would lead to a better impression.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: SidB on March 31, 2020, 05:34:15 PM
That's as good a promo for this figure as any!

Agreed. I want it now. Promo images made the teeth look worse, like they were one solid bar. But now I see there is lots of detail that can be brought out with a little shading.

I especially like this one:
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 31, 2020, 04:54:49 PM

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you, Sarapaurolophus!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Microraptorism!

1. Sean Cooper - Urzeitshop Exclusive    2. Wild Safari    3. CollectA    4. Colorata    5. Beasts of the Mesozoic - Raptor series
                          6. Kaiyodo - Dinosaur Expo 2004    7. Safari - Feathered Dinos Toob    8. PNSO - Seven Little Dinosaurs

ceratopsian

What a lovely grouping of models!  And so beautifully composed.

Flaffy

If only Safari Ltd's Microraptor had CollectA's paint apps, it would easily be the definitive Microraptor figure.

Concavenator

I really like the CollectA one.

Shonisaurus

I see that the Collecta microraptor is bigger than I thought. How I would like to have it in my collection!

Smilodon P.

Microraptorism!

1. Sean Cooper - Urzeitshop Exclusive    2. Wild Safari    3. CollectA    4. Colorata    5. Beasts of the Mesozoic - Raptor series
                          6. Kaiyodo - Dinosaur Expo 2004    7. Safari - Feathered Dinos Toob    8. PNSO - Seven Little Dinosaurs

Beautiful group photo!

So many interpretations of the same animal in such a short time since its discovery / description in these 20 years!

sauroid

the iconic DTF collections thread.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ravonium

I initially didn't like the CollectA Microraptor, but I will admit that as in-hand pictures of it have been posted (especially yours), it's begun to grow on me.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

Wild Past ~ 1:35  Protoceratops andrewsi
                                                      originally sculpted by Stefan Klein / re-painted by Martin Garratt

;D  these super tiny nestlings cant get accurately painted

next to the original:

... aaand fight:

Jose S.M.

The Proto looks beautiful, I love the colors on it's head! It looks good coupled with the original one as a more subdued colored female.

Libraraptor

Wow, that Microraptor picture is superb!
Like the Protos, too.

ceratopsian

I absolutely love the Protoceratops repaint. Really beautiful (and beautiful photos too!)

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian The Wild Past protoceratops have been great for you. I highlight its beautiful coloring and most importantly, having put an eye with a yellow pupil. It has been spectacular. I congratulate you on your repainting.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you, D-Friends! Getting re-painted Dinosaurs these days feels like Christmas. Here's another one ...

^-^

~ •     Favorite Collection  ~ Neovenator salerii     • ~
                                                       originally sculpted by Kazunari Araki / re-painted by Martin Garratt

next to bigger cousins of the Allosauroidea clade - W-Dragon Allosaurus & Vitae Giganotosaurus

Jose S.M.

Neovenator looks great with that repaint. I don't have problems with the original but this is just very natural and beautiful.

Lanthanotus

Very noce additions, postsaurischian, I especially like what happened to the small Protoceratops. So Martin has cured and works again?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jose S.M. on April 26, 2020, 01:30:44 AM
Neovenator looks great with that repaint. I don't have problems with the original but this is just very natural and beautiful.

I must say the reason why I haven't shown the Neovenator in this thread yet are the original colours.
I had waited a long time, but I still didn't like them - so it was time for a change.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 26, 2020, 07:46:46 AM
Very nice additions, postsaurischian, I especially like what happened to the small Protoceratops. So Martin has cured and works again?

Unfortunately not really. He's not able to work as much as he used to do in the past. So he had to cut the commissional work
to a limit his disease allows him to do. I'm really appreciating his work even more now and am very thankful.

^-^

~ •     Sen Sen ~ 1:20 Kentrosaurus     • ~
                                                                         (built-up & painted by Martin Garratt)

next to a Schleich 1:20 human scale figure:

with Yujin and SEGA minis:

next to Schleich's second version:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: