News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I like this model of Klatt very much. And the blue crest on yours is very eye catching.

Shonisaurus

That scent of PaleoWorld Studios looks great. That position in which the herbivore is walking looks outstanding and as Ceraptosian comments, that blue crest gives a very striking image to that lambeosaurid, it stands out over the rest of the body.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments! The blue crest on the Olorotitan's head is the the icing on the cake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

Lone Trike ~ 1:60  Ankylosaurus magniventris
                                                                  sculpted by Simon Panek / painted by Martin Garratt

Shonisaurus

Wow! Often ankylosaurus is super cool I congratulate you you have a real first-class work of paleoart. It's nice.

Jose S.M.

That's an amazing sculpt! I love the pose , it looks active and different than the usual tail up pose. Also the colors are very nice too.

Lone Trike

I love the color scheme, it´s simple yet effective in highlighting the details. It´s nice to see a variation like this. Thanks for posting :)
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Bokisaurus

Very nice! Seeing that Olorotita, it's really long overdue that someone should release a new toy figure.
I love the first one from CollectA, but it's sure is showing it's age and I can only imagine how awesome a new one could be!

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Lone Trike on June 15, 2020, 05:30:16 PMI love the color scheme, it´s simple yet effective in highlighting the details. It´s nice to see a variation like this. Thanks for posting :)

I asked Martin for an albino colour scheme. I wanted something different for Ankylosaurus this time.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 15, 2020, 06:57:21 PMVery nice! Seeing that Olorotita, it's really long overdue that someone should release a new toy figure.
I love the first one from CollectA, but it's sure is showing it's age and I can only imagine how awesome a new one could be!

I'd love to see that, too! And of course much bigger than CollectA's first version.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

^-^

~ •     Favorite Dinosaur Softmodel Pachycephalosaurus     • ~
                                                                                 designed by Kazunari Araki

•   measured along the spine the figure is 18 cm long; giving Pachycephalosaurus a length of 4.5 m it's in about 1:25   •

v    next to Favorite's first series figure by Takashi Oda    v

Andreioli

Seriously, do you HAVE to take such great photos ?!?!
You make EVERY figure instantly desirable !

I did't like the new Favorite Pachycephalosaurus, but now I do !
AAAARGHHHHHHHH !!!!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Andreioli on June 19, 2020, 05:47:05 PMI did't like the new Favorite Pachycephalosaurus, but now I do !
AAAARGHHHHHHHH !!!!

Mission accomplished ;D ! Actually the Pachycephalosaurus is my personal favourite Favorite Softmodel figure of 2020.

^-^

~ •     Favorite Dinosaur Softmodel Quetzalcoatlus     • ~

v     next to Pteranodon     v

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 06, 2020, 11:49:00 AM

~ •     PaleoWorld Studios ~ 1:40  Olorotitan     • ~
                                                           sculpted by Vitali Klatt / built-up & painted by Martin Garratt

I kind of remember seeing the Olorotitan before - wasn't it in your thread ?

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 19, 2020, 03:23:14 PM
                                                 ~ •     Favorite Dinosaur Softmodel Pachycephalosaurus     • ~
Your photoes are magnificent as always.
As for me, Somehow I like the Favorite's first series better -
especially having had a bad experience with the bipedal new items ( Favorite duos etc. ) -
all this dificulty to place the legs fixed inside the knob.
But, I couldn't hold myself from ordering at least the Iguanodon ...  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 21, 2020, 07:49:55 AM
I kind of remember seeing the Olorotitan before - wasn't it in your thread ?

No, this one is new. Maybe you mean my Shapeways model. It was the first one with this paint scheme:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg34836;topicseen#msg34836

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 21, 2020, 07:55:15 AM
As for me, Somehow I like the Favorite's first series better -
especially having had a bad experience with the bipedal new items ( Favorite duos etc. ) -
all this dificulty to place the legs fixed inside the knob.

The WLS (warped legs syndrome) has been a common problem with Favorite's figures, also with the first series.
It has always been a lucky game with what you get. I have three of the first series' Tyrannosaurus.
One is standing perfectly, the other two don't.
I was lucky with the Pachycephalosaurus this time. It doesn't need the base at all :) .

ceratopsian

Possibly avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio is thinking of my version of the same Olorotitan, shown in my thread a while back and also painted by Martin.

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No. 26 & 27
                                                                                                young
                                                             ~ •    Tyrannosaurus rex  &  Sinoceratops    • ~

v    next to a 1:1 Titanosaur egg with embryo    v

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

Stunning outdoor shots. And yes, cuteness personified.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

:D

New items for my Kingfisher collection

Since I dicovered my love for Kingfisher birds last year, I have been looking around scanning the world for good figures. I have realized that
              for my tastes some of the most beautiful ones can be found in the porcelain section. Normally this is not my material - I do not collect
            porcelain Dinosaurs - but when it comes to Kingfisher birds it's very appropriate. The designs for most of those figurines often come from
           decades ago - very tasteful! I cannot resist collecting them. Some of the best sculptures of course are too expensive for me, but some aren't.

Here are numbers 2 and 3 in my collection:

Tettau Atelier - U 1091 / Edmund Sode          •          Goebel - CV 123 / Gerhard Bochmann

Lanthanotus

You may like this one, Helge... there`s also a Kookaburra.

ceratopsian

Beautiful birds. As a child I used to watch them fishing on the banks of the local river.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: