News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The Collecta caviramus figure is very well made and is one hundred percent scientific but paleontologically in real life it is the least graceful pterosaur compared to others of the same species such as dimorphodon, guidraco, tapejara, pteranodon ludodactylus, thalasodromeus sethi, rhamphorynchus or most of the pterosaurs discovered to date, the Collecta brand accurately captures the figure of that prehistoric animal and is one of the reasons why it is not the most spectacular of all those made by Collecta, not because it is badly done, on the contrary it's well done but an ugly pterosaur.

For example, there are species of dog-headed bat that are beautiful, but there are other species of bats that are not very attractive, if Collecta made them, obviously they would be much uglier than, for example, the flying fox since the animal cannot be invented, so they would be less graceful figures. even in the toy market not because they were poorly made but because they are physically lanky animals.

Postscript: What I comment is a personal opinion considering that I am ignorant in paleontology and animal biology.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 31, 2020, 07:51:40 PM....... I really like the [Caviramus] sculpt, but why did they blunt the teeth and claws like that? They were reasonably sharp in the Dimorphodon and the Guidraco... well, I like if a good figure offers an opportunity to customize it....

I agree with you. Both flaws would have been easy to avoid. Also these movable jaws don't look good in pictures.

Nevertheless the Caviramus is one of my personal CollectA highlights this year. I just love their big pterosaurs :D .
 That series and the Permian and Triassic animals are what makes CollectA special to me.
 So the other highlight is (who would have guessed?) the .......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

~ •    CollectA Lisowicia    • ~
                                                                           originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

•     scale is about 1:20 - 1:25     •

Shonisaurus

The lisowicia looks great, its sculpture is beautiful and its painting seems to be made by Martin Garratt, it is a prehistoric animal from the Triassic category and at an affordable price.

ceratopsian

It's an amazing model. I love the head shot of him peering through the CollectA benettitales.

Bokisaurus

Aren't they awesome!? I have to wait to the final batch to be available!
Cool photos as always.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you very much for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Kingfisher collection is growing. I can't show a complete collection photo yet, because there are still a few figures that have to fly in.
                                                    But I cannot resist showing this beauty already. I had to think twice about getting it painted.
                                         The original white porcelain looked beautiful, classic and noble ....... but I think it looks even better now.

:D

Tettau Atelier U 1091 - Alcedo atthis   
                                                                 sculpted by Edmund Sode  /  painted by Martin Garratt

•  v    before  &  after    v  •

ceratopsian

Martin has done a wonderful job.

Tyto_Theropod

Gorgeous rendition of a beautiful Quaternary dinosaur.  Martin has, as usual, brought it vividly to life.  You're very lucky to own this! :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Jose S.M.

That's a very pretty bird! I love those.

Shonisaurus

It looks like a real bird. Magnificent resin figure. I wish that all my figures were made of resin and in a luxury house. Prehistoric animals and present-day resin animals are of superior quality. I admire those who can afford that beautiful luxury of collecting extremely high quality figures.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 10, 2020, 04:10:29 PM....... I wish that all my figures were made of resin and in a luxury house. Prehistoric animals and present-day resin animals are of superior quality. .......

..... porcelain this time ;) .

^-^

ITOY Paraceratherium   

My first figure from ITOY. What a massive Megafauna toy figure, about 40 cm long and quite heavy for vinyl.
                          Much bigger than the stated 1:35, more like 1:25 - maybe a bit larger. I cannot display it next to the Eofauna elephantids,
                             which would have been cool because of the appropriate style. But anyway - I love this figure! It was about time for a
                              beautifully made Paraceratherium. It's the biggest figure in my Megafauna toy collection now - just as it should be!
                                                    I think I'm throwing my sticky CollectA figure away now. The human scale figure is in 1:25.

Loon

Ah it's vinyl, for some reason I thought it was resin. I'm guessing it's solid vinyl if it's heavy? Still, I kinda prefer that, as it won't be so easy to break and the detail still looks very good.

I've already got one coming, but the pics on the listing made the paint job look very odd. Luckily, your pics have made me excited for it again, as it looks much better.

SidB

The 1/25 scale instead of 1/35 is not disheartening. Rather, it means that this figure will scale well with the much larger pool of megafauna from various companies that are in the 1/20 to 1/30 range. This is an important advantage for some collectors.

Shonisaurus

That paracheratherium looks like resin! I had never bought figures from itoy pear, now it is already a reference company for my collection. Mine is on the way. I think it has already reached my nation. I just need to get it delivered next week.

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian My congratulations on your new acquisition. It is sublime and honestly it is the paraceratherium that I have always wanted to have in my collection. By the way, is the vinyl solid or hollow vinyl like PNSO's megalodon or Nanmu's mosasaurus?

From what I see my problems with the Collecta paraceratherium that I had to buy on the other day because it is the sticky figure is not a unique case. I hope these problems will be solved by Collecta from now on.

UK

Wow that is an amazing figure Helge and yet again you lead the way. Would you have a link to where you ordered it please?

And where did you get the human hunter figure posing with it too?

Thanks

Libraraptor

Great photography of a great model!

ceratopsian

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: UK on September 26, 2020, 10:27:19 AM

Would you have a link to where you ordered it please?

Itoy Paraceratherium is available from Model Toy Center or Pop Shack Store on Aliexpress.
Or LanaTimeShop on Ebay (as usual, at higher price).

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 26, 2020, 09:47:21 AM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian My congratulations on your new acquisition. It is sublime and honestly it is the paraceratherium that I have always wanted to have in my collection. By the way, is the vinyl solid or hollow vinyl like PNSO's megalodon or Nanmu's mosasaurus?

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! It's hard to say - for hollow vinyl it's too heavy and for solid vinyl it seems too lightweight. Maybe something in between?

Quote from: UK on September 26, 2020, 10:27:19 AM
Wow that is an amazing figure Helge and yet again you lead the way. Would you have a link to where you ordered it please?

And where did you get the human hunter figure posing with it too?

Thanks

Thanks Steve avatar_UK @UK! I got mine from AliExpress (fast service by the way). 

The hunter figure is from the Accoutrements - Evolving Darwin play set I bought many years ago.
Every figure has a Darwin face :) - even the fish. You can still get it on eBay.

One more picture of the Paraceratherium with Safari's Missing Links Woolly Rhinoceros for size comparison.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

..... and directly from Spain comes MESOZOO's firstling - Allosaurus, not perfect, but still nice :) .
       (thanks to Shoni for the link!)

•    next to Papo's Allosaurus    •

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian The paraceratherium is huge! Could you put the paraceratherium together with the Collecta elasmotherium? I would like to see both models together. My paraceratherium is on the way home I hope to get it in the next few days. On the other hand, my congratulations for having acquired the Minizoo allosaurus and I am glad that thanks to me you have acquired it. Thanks for the photos.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: