News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Beauty of figure! This pinacosaurus is ideal for a tall collection. Magnificent scientific figure.

ceratopsian

It's an impressive little figure.  Pretty well perfection in my eyes.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

The Pinacosaurus is my favourite piece by Kayakasaurus so far.
 He's always been good and keeps getting better and better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •    W-Dragon 1:35 Giraffatitan brancai (originally sculpted by Wan Long Tang)    • ~
                                                        with thanks to avatar_Dan @Dan who got it for me from China for the best price
              Being a huge Brachiosaurus fan I've been waiting a long time for this brachiosaurid. It's the perfect figure for my 1:35 collection.
                                 Right size, wonderful material (seems like a mixture of resin & plastic) and I love Wan Long Tang's sculpting style.
                                                              It will take the place of the Bob Morales model. It just fits better in the collection.
                 The Giraffatitan matches perfectly the quality of the Allosaurus. Both models / figures are unrivaled in their category (for my tastes).
                                                      Now I'm waiting for the Giganotosaurus and dreaming of a 1:35 Stegosaurus by W-Dragon.

v   next to Bob Morales' model, originally published by Dragon Attack   v

Shonisaurus

Lovely Giraffatitan from W-Dragon. That figure is much more beautiful to see in person than to see it in photography, as happens with the vast majority of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of any brand. By the way, that sauropod that accompanies the giraffatitan, what company does it belong to? Is very pretty. Is it another giraffatitan?

Halichoeres

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus the information is right in the post: it's a model kit sculpted by Bob Morales for Dragon Attack Studios.

Nice photos as always!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 25, 2020, 08:32:47 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus the information is right in the post: it's a model kit sculpted by Bob Morales for Dragon Attack Studios.

Ah! I hadn't noticed. Thanks Halichoeres.

postsaurischian

:D

Papo ~ Megaloceros   

Shonisaurus

That megaloceros is impressive! Perhaps the best megaloceros ever made by a brand of toy dinosaurs.

I never thought his horn was going to be so spectacular. In that respect Papo stuck to scientific precision. Magnificent figure.

SidB

Whatever discrepancy that there might be with the coloration of the actual animal would seem to be almost lost in the glow of the splendor of this figure. It's terrific.

Duna

I really love all your last adquisitions. The Regina rex is the best model of all times, in my opinion. It's so majestic and not at all expensive, in my opinion. It's a master piece.

PrimevalRaptor

Agreeing with S @SidB, it is sad that it doesn't have the accurate coloration but man, what a majestic guy! Straight out of a painting if you ask me.

ceratopsian

Very majestic, perfectly captured by your photos.

bmathison1972

I am glad the Papo Irish elk was released!

Shonisaurus

It is a great figure the megaloceros of Papo perhaps one of the most scientific figures of prehistoric mammals that Papo has ever made.

Libraraptor

bmathison1972

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian how does the Irish elk scale with extant deer figures by Western companies (if you have any to compare...). Thanks

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 03, 2020, 08:44:15 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian how does the Irish elk scale with extant deer figures by Western companies (if you have any to compare...). Thanks

B @bmathison1972: I'm afraid I only have the Papo Moose; lots of antelopes, but no deers :-[ .
Of course I have a Kaiyodo deer, but that one is much too small to compare.

bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 03, 2020, 09:05:50 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 03, 2020, 08:44:15 PM

B @bmathison1972: I'm afraid I only have the Papo Moose; lots of antelopes, but no deers :-[ .
Of course I have a Kaiyodo deer, but that one is much too small to compare.

even antelope would be good. Just some standard extant hoofstock :).

postsaurischian

O.k., I could do some comparison pics on Friday 'til Sunday. Let's see what they will be :) .

Arctinus

Wow, that giraffatitan looks amazing! Though I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment.  :(

The megaceros also looks great.  :)) I think I'll wait for it to be available at a "local" online shop, since I'm in no hurry and that'll also give me some time to think about the figure.  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: