News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 03, 2020, 09:21:14 PM
O.k., I could do some comparison pics on Friday 'til Sunday. Let's see what they will be :) .

great, thanks Helge

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Duna on November 01, 2020, 01:37:14 PMThe Regina rex is the best model of all times, in my opinion. It's so majestic and not at all expensive, in my opinion. It's a master piece.

David Krentz is the master of tyrannosaur sculpting :D .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.34
                                                                            ~ •    Tuojiangosaurus    • ~

scale is about 1:30, maybe a bit larger

^    next to Carnegie Collection Miragaia    ^            •            v    attacked by a young Yangchuanosaurus    v

Stegotyranno420

Amazing stegosaur! I hope the same guy makes a stegosaurus thats 10 inches long. It'd be almost perfect for my tastes

Shonisaurus

I'm glad you already have it on your shelves. I congratulate you. It is without a doubt the tuojiangosaurus that I wished that I have always wanted to make a brand of toy dinosaurs, in this case PNSO. My dream is that over time I make figures like that of other stegosaurids, especially those that are under-represented or under-represented.

Bokisaurus

Nice, what an amazing figure!
Mine is on its way, with all this craziness going on, I'm not surprised it's taking longer.

Libraraptor

Whoah, I like that Tuojiangosaurus very much! As always, great photography, too!

ceratopsian

Your photographs bring out the figure's beauty. Excellent choices of companions and props too.

Justin_

Hope you don't mind me reposting the photo, but this one reminds me of avatar_irimali @irimali's drawings.

Jose S.M.

That's a very pretty stegosaur.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for your comments!

Quote from: Justin_ on November 06, 2020, 11:51:28 AM
Hope you don't mind me reposting the photo, but this one reminds me of avatar_irimali @irimali's drawings.

:D  You're right! It might be a good subject for one of his T-shirts.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 03, 2020, 09:07:53 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 03, 2020, 09:05:50 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 03, 2020, 08:44:15 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian how does the Irish elk scale with extant deer figures by Western companies (if you have any to compare...). Thanks

B @bmathison1972: I'm afraid I only have the Papo Moose; lots of antelopes, but no deers :-[ .
Of course I have a Kaiyodo deer, but that one is much too small to compare.

even antelope would be good. Just some standard extant hoofstock :).

B @bmathison1972: Here it is with Papo's Moose .....

..... and with CollectA Nilgai, Saiga, Blackbuck and Papo Billy goat.

bmathison1972

Thanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian - this is perfect! I'm still gonna get it!

postsaurischian

Every year in October when I'm shopping with my goddaughter for her birthday present at Smiths Toys, I have a look at the Schleich shelves.
                                             This year was no exception and I couldn't resist to take this nicely over-detailed Rauisuchid with me.
                         I usually do not buy my figures in real shops and it took me a few minutes to decide which of the eight paintjobs I like best.

:)

~ •    Schleich Postosuchus    • ~

small Postosuchus collection  >  Schleich  •  Toyway WWD  •  Wild Safari  •  Safari (Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob)

Loon

Congrats on the Postosuchus. I have to admit that I've been tempted by it at times, it has a really nice head sculpt, teeth aside.

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I congratulate you on your two new acquisitions. Papo's megaloceros I see that it is fortunately much larger than I imagined (I thought it would be the same size as its Bullyland counterpart) but I already observed from a post by ? @Stolpergeist  comparing that figure that was a little larger in size.

On the other hand, the Schleich postosuchus is quite acceptable and very beautiful. Hopefully Schleich continues to make good dinosaur figures like those of years past. This year it is perhaps a little weak but not bad either, but good is a personal assessment. I said my congratulations on your megaloceros and postosuchus.

Libraraptor

I do like that Postosuchus very much as well.

And how come I never manage to photograph my Rauisuchid team the way you do? It´s always the tails or one standing in the way of the other...

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 06, 2020, 09:13:04 PM
...Germany has strict safety regulations regarding teeth, claws and other pointy parts, it really can't be avoided as with those features Schleich and Bullyland (and Ravensburger but barely anyone collects their animal figures) are kind of forced to have these blunt so children won't get hurt by the toys.

Ah, I see. Well, now that kinda makes me wish the mouth was just sculpted closed because it's a very good figure otherwise. I personally feel it nails the skull better than Safari's figure.

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 06, 2020, 09:30:06 PM
...And how come I never manage to photograph my Rauisuchid team the way you do? It´s always the tails or one standing in the way of the other...

How did you just describe the hour I spent trying to get my triassic shelf to look nice?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 09:31:20 PM

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 06, 2020, 09:30:06 PM
...And how come I never manage to photograph my Rauisuchid team the way you do? It´s always the tails or one standing in the way of the other...

How did you just describe the hour I spent trying to get my triassic shelf to look nice?

Tails, tails, tails.  :)) It´s really annoying, isn´t it?!  :D
But having a look at your shelves I think you managed to arrange them very good as well. ;)

Loon

Thanks, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor I appreciate it. I think it's a problem with all pseudosuchian figures, at least the Triassic ones, the length always gets in the way.

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.30
                                                                          ~ •    Pachyrhinosaurus    • ~

next to Papo  -  Wild Safari  -  Battat Terra series   

click thumbnails to enlarge comparison pics

ceratopsian

Good to see your photos of this one.  Your photo with the Battat is very helpful. Your second headshot (4th photo down) especially pleasing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: