News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Nice Spino, Helge!

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Urzeitshop sometimes has finished models (I have the Parahelicoprion). Alexander Belov also used to sell the raw kits via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PREYcollectionStudio). Not sure if he still does, but might be worth sending him a message.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Okay. So you just top the previous pics with every new Post :D Fantastic Pitures again. The new Spino looks so gorgeous in that Base with this Prey Sturgeon.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisition of spinosaurus PNSO, it is a fabulous figure but I wish it were a little bigger, it is the only defect that I see in that figure, if you can say that it is a defect.

Sarapaurolophus

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.33
                                                                              ~ •    Atopodentatus    • ~

•    next to Lu Feng Shan's Nothosaurus - they seem to be in about the same scale    •

Libraraptor

I love those marine animals!  Great stuff!

postsaurischian

Thanks Stefan, I like your new avatar ;) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

REBOR "Grab N Go" No.03 ~ 1:35*  Tyrannosaurus rex Type B

Criticisms for this figure have been pretty bad here (as usually with REBOR models) due to a very bad video that was shown
in the REBOR 2020 thread. I don't like these videos. Being the first to show a certain model seems to be the main motivation.
It's a competition. The T. rex is a bit thin, that's right, but it's not as bad as it seems in the video. It's still not the perfectT. rex
for my 1:35 collection, because it's also too big *(not 1:35). How many more years will I have to wait for the right one?
It's strange, considering that this is the most popular Dinosaur ever. It's not as great as the Komodo Dragon but I still like it.

v    next to the 1:30 Gakken skeleton by Kazunari Araki    v

Bokisaurus

Looks pretty good, I have need debating about getting this figure since I still don't have a version of the scaly ones that I really like.
I may just get this one, very colorful which I like 😃

Bread

Beautiful photos as usual.I would say your photos definitely improve the appearance of the Rebor Tyrannosaurus tremendously. Hopefully Rebor release the other two color variations, those are the ones I am waiting for.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!
 I admit I was a bit afraid of the REBOR bashing, but fortunately collection threads seem to be reprieved :) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

奇翼龍  -  Strange wing  -  Yi qi
                                                                •    PNSO mini No.32 & Kaiyodo Dinosaur Expo 2016    •

Libraraptor

Yi qi, still can´t get over with the great name they gave this creature! Great photos as always!

Ezikot

Oh, I'd spend hours watching your collection... Thank you for sharing those beauties!

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Although it was a bit late, my congratulations for your Rebor tyrannosaurus vinyl version, it is more beautiful than I expected and the size for what is said is quite affordable.

On the other hand, I honestly like PNSO's Yi qi less than his great Kaiyodo's Yi qi. My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Hopefully in the future PNSO or another brand of toy dinosaurs will make a yi qi in acceptable size in my case it would be a safe buyer.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you very much for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.38
                                                                                  ~ •    Sauropelta    • ~

This page is from 'The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs' © 2010 by Gregory S. Paul

v    figure is in about 1:35    v

next to Wild Safari's version by Doug Watson   
        Wether the large spikes are located in the top row or lower - I'm not an expert on this - I like both interpretations.
                 Two excellent figures of the species. Dinosaur toys can hardly get any better. Glory days in that respect.

ceratopsian

You photos are always a pleasure to view.  And you are right - glory days at present!

Bread

Those photos look amazing! I do have to ask, where that beautiful base is from?

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you, both!

Quote from: Bread on December 16, 2020, 05:56:05 PM
....... I do have to ask, where that beautiful base is from?

It's the base for Jonathan Rader's Brachylophosaurus - garrattized, of course :) .

Shonisaurus

Great photos and great review of the PNSO sauropelta. My congratulations. What you have said is the same as what you think so much the sauropelta figures from Safari or PNSO are difficult to improve and we are in the golden age of the collectible and toy dinosaur. We are living in the Jurassic age of prehistoric animals, metaphorically speaking, the golden age of the dinosaur and prehistoric toy animal.

I call it the Jurassic age because it was the time of the summer of the dinosaurs, the age of greatest splendor for dinosaurs, and therefore we are comparatively in the age of greatest splendor for collectible and toy dinosaurs. If this had been said to me more than thirty years ago, I would believe that they were teasing me. Sometimes I peel myself because I still don't believe that they have the dinosaurs that I have and other prehistoric animals, I think this is a beautiful dream, but it is something that has come true.

cooksonia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 16, 2020, 08:37:17 PM
Sometimes I peel myself ........

What is that, sounds very painful?

postsaurischian

^-^

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum
                                                    Sculpture of the Largest & Strongest Carnivore Dinosaurs
                This is the 9th CapsuleQ Museum set by Kaiyodo. I thought it was the 10th, but obviously SHOWROOM #1 is a set of its own.
                                                                  For the ones who are interested, here are sets number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.

Allosaurus fragilis

v    with Dinotales No.99A & Dinotales No.25LE    v

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

v    with Dinosaur Expo 2016 & Dinotales No.89B    v

Acrocanthosaurus atokensis

v    with Dinotales No.57    v

Tyrannosaurus rex

v    with Dinotales No.109B & Dinosaur Expo 2019    v

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: