News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

REBOR ~ Tyrannosaurus rex  "Kiss" mountain version     

v    attacking PNSO Dinosaurs Museum Triceratops    v

Halichoeres

Very tempting, apart from the very large size!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Your photos make these figures seem lifelike! You even have made me tempted to purchase PNSO's Triceratops due to that photo comparison! Well done.

SidB

Yes, superb photography that definitely communicates. 'Kiss' is impressive. The new gold standard.

postsaurischian

:)   Thank you very much for the comments!
 Struggling with illness for quite some time now, I'm lacking a bit of power. Your comments are motivating.

Quote from: Bread on August 30, 2022, 02:32:30 PM....... You even have made me tempted to purchase PNSO's Triceratops due to that photo comparison! .......

The Tyrannosaurus might be at a slightly larger scale, but I still think they go together pretty well. Not every Triceratops was among the largest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once again Papo's best Dinosaur figure of the year is an extant bird - the Eurasian Magpie (Pica pica).
    It's always a pleasure when they come to our garden. They're so beautiful and they remind me of maniraptorans.
    (Maybe they are maniraptorans?) They can give me a feeling of how it could be if Dinosaurs were still around :) .
    By the way - this is the door to the little house in which I now live - my new home. I'm so glad I left the city for the suburban area.

Bread

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 02, 2022, 04:06:01 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 30, 2022, 02:32:30 PM....... You even have made me tempted to purchase PNSO's Triceratops due to that photo comparison! .......

The Tyrannosaurus might be at a slightly larger scale, but I still think they go together pretty well. Not every Triceratops was among the largest.
Oh precisely! To me at least, the reason they go well together is the similar detail sculpt. But yes Triceratops should be much bigger. If anything it is closer to 1/35 than the Kiss that's for sure.

Also, again wonderful pictures of the Papo Magpie.

postsaurischian

:)   Thank you avatar_Bread @Bread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

???  ^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.66
                                                                            ~ •    "Sinopliosaurus"    • ~

(Suchomimus?, Irritator?, Siamosaurus? or just a beautifully done Spinosaurid figure, definitely not Sinopliosaurus)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Looks wonderful with your arrangement of bases there.  :)  Do the bases belong together and/or what figure are the individual ones from?

postsaurischian

:) Thank you, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs!

- the mainland is from a base Martin made many years ago for my Dinosaur Studio Lambeosaurus.
  - the water is from Vitali Klatt's Eryops model
  - the Mekong Giant Catfish is from Colorata's Fossil Fish box. Unfortunately it has been discontinued for the later re-releases.

TooOldForDinosaurs

I see, thanks for the links. And WOW, that Eryops is just gorgeous... :o

KeU

Lovely photos of your recent acquisitions.
I just got my Kiss in.
Now I am wondering if I need to get the PNSO Doyle.

postsaurischian

:)  I definitely do not seem to be the only one liking this combination. REBOR's upcoming Triceratops is not to my tastes.
       This latest version of PNSO's Triceratops is my favourite toy figure of the species at the moment.
       I even like it much better than their Torosaurus - now that's a controversial opinion ;D . Some wrote the latest "Doyle"
       had a boring paintjob. I think the frill for example is painted extremely well. Opinions do differ.

Shonisaurus

The Sinopliosaurus is great and the other dinosaur figures from Rebor or the triceratops from PNSO. Magnificent photographs. Thanks for sharing, you have very high quality dinosaurs, it is good to buy these figures since it is undoubtedly an investment both in the short and long term.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 02, 2022, 04:06:01 PMBy the way - this is the door to the little house in which I now live - my new home. I'm so glad I left the city for the suburban area.                       
It looks lovely, would gladly see some more of your outside garden

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 07, 2022, 10:07:39 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 02, 2022, 04:06:01 PMBy the way - this is the door to the little house in which I now live - my new home. I'm so glad I left the city for the suburban area.                       
It looks lovely, would gladly see some more of your outside garden

There will surely arise an opportunity :) .

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.58
                                                                           ~ •   Zhuchengtyrannus  • ~

•      next to its big REBOR cousin tyrannosaurid      •

Bokisaurus

Ahhhh, nice to see some new photo post agin! Lovely as always :D

TooOldForDinosaurs

Very crisp looking photographs. Nice job  :)

Stegotyranno420

Two of, in my opinion, the best tyrannosaurine figures to date. Excellent photography

Bread

Oh my... ideas flowing through my head with this lovely comparison. Imagine if that Zhuchengtyrannus had lips and a similar color pallet, would be a great subadult to that Rebor Kiss.

Shonisaurus

They both look sublime. Congratulations on your two acquisitions. You have high quality dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: