News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Dinorex on December 16, 2014, 09:14:11 PM
Even though the original comment was years old, I found the image from Google Image Search and thought I'd leave a comment...

:D He, he ... funny coincidence! Thanks for your comment.
That is indeed an old pic, meanwhile both species have been re-pictured in this thread.

Oh, your Bothriolepis is so cute! Will it get away?

postsaurischian

:)   REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex

sauroid

so beautiful, made even more by your great photos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Gives a different perspective to it when seen in action with that Maiasaura. Very nice.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

Replace the rock with other figure is a nice idea  :D

tyrantqueen

Not a fan of Rebor's stuff so far, but I think the Tyrannosaurus has got to be the best thing they've done yet (that's probably my own bias as a T.rex fangirl showing through >:D)

I especially like the last photo of the Tyrannosaurus with its foot clutching the Maiasaura.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!     .... REBOR rocks ;)!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:o This is unusual, I got me a Schleich Dinosaur for Christmas ;D, it's their Kentrosaurus.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

That's the first really good look we've had of that figure, nice. Thanks!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Do you have any idea of the scale? Anyway, it's quite nice looking :) The pose is unusually dynamic for a Schleich.

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 26, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
Do you have any idea of the scale?

:) Surely!

Measured with a shoelace along the spine, the figure has a length of 19 cm.
  Given Kentrosaurus a length of 400 cm it's in 1:21 (400:19=21.05).
  The 8 cm Charles Darwin would be 168 cm tall then, which sounds reasonable.

If you want the Kentrosaurus to be in 1:20 you would give it a length of 380 cm, which also sounds reasonable ;).

Dinomike

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 26, 2014, 03:04:30 PM

:o This is unusual, I got me a Schleich Dinosaur for Christmas ;D, it's their Kentrosaurus:

Gosh! I didn't even realise it was a Sleich dinosaur! A very detailed and dynamic looking creature!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

dutchdinolover

Very nice kentrosaurus. It is even better than I expected it to be.  Quality wise it is close to papo in my opinion. I am tempted to buy one. Nice pictures (as usual).

JohannesB

Those are nice photos and beautiful figures indeed.

tyrantqueen

Shouldn't you make your own thread to post that Tyrannosaurus in? This is Postsaurischian's thread. This is on the verge of spam if you ask me.

JohannesB

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2014, 01:29:42 AM
Shouldn't you make your own thread to post that Tyrannosaurus in? This is Postsaurischian's thread. This is on the verge of spam if you ask me.

I realized that too late. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I edited my post accordingly, of course.

Dinomike

I've been going through your pictures and what bliss it is! Every page filled with beautiful picgures of equally beautiful models! I'm in awe and admiration! 
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

tanystropheus

Wow, that is a gorgeous Kentrosaurus. It eclipses the WS version in every possible way. I think it would go well with the WS Stegosaurus, though ...at least in terms of colors (not scale).

The REBOR T-rex seems to resemble the brown Papo T-rex, but the colors are exponentially more vibrant, and rich.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 27, 2014, 11:37:28 AM
Wow, that is a gorgeous Kentrosaurus. It eclipses the WS version in every possible way.
I agree. I've never lost the faith in Schleich. Will got me this Kentro & the Penta soon.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Arul

Schleich kentrosaurus ! Gonna make that company rise to the better grade (y) salute what a stunning figure

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: