News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

I really like that T-Rex skull model.  I may have to look into one of those.  That's a cool pic!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks Viking Spawn!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  Brachiosaurism !!

>  Since my childhood Brachiosaurus has always been a special species to me. Entering the Humboldt museum
                 in Berlin for the first time in 1976 made an impression on a little boy that seems to last forever :).

These are my Brachiosaurus figures & models, the scales go by a total length of about 23 meters.

MiniaturesColorata v.2 (left), Kaiyodo Dinotales No.027, Colorata v.1 (right)

~ 1:70Favorite Collection softmodels v.1 (right) and v.2 (left)

~ 1:60Wild Safari v.2

~ 1:50Favorite Collection desktop model, Safari Carnegie Collection v.2

~ 1:45Bullyland v.2, Invicta, Kleinwelka

~ 1:40Schleich v.2, Safari Carnegie Collection v.1, Papo

~ 1:35Bob Morales (Dragon Attack), Tamiya

Libraraptor

Whoa! Great!
Two questions:
1.  Aren´t you interested in getting the small Kleinwelka and Larami Brachiosaurus, too?
2. How do you manage to take shots that well?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 03, 2015, 08:36:02 PM
Whoa! Great!
Two questions:

2. How do you manage to take shots that well?

That photographic technique is called "White infinite background".
There are several tutorials about that; just one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fnHEvLyAE
(You need also a good camera.....  ;)  )

postsaurischian

Aren´t you interested in getting the small Kleinwelka and Larami Brachiosaurus, too?

I would get them if I'd find them for cheap. They're not really on my want-list, ... but for the right price.
  I got the big Kleinwelka for EUR 5 on eBay.de for example :).

How do you manage to take shots that well?

Basically RobinGoodfellows is right about the technique. I'm just not using such kind of box or artificial lightning.
  I live in an attic apartment and my favourite place and time to take pictures is right below the kitchen's transversal
  window at high noon, 10:00 - 12:00 am. I'm also doing some contrast and brightness editing afterwards.
  I'm using cardboard sheets for background. I recently found one in a shop that's twice as large as the ones I've been
  using so far. This allows to make bigger group shots or to take pics of larger models.
  For the Sideshow Apatosaurus I still haven't found one that's big enough though ;D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^  Kaiyodo cephalopods

Dinotales No.017 B - Pachydiscus

Dinotales No.078 - Douvilleiceras

The Study Room - Nipponites

Dinotales No.101 B - Polyptychoceras

Dinotales No.044 - Rayonnoceras

Viking Spawn

That Bob Morales Dragon Attack Brachiosaur is AMAZING!!!   

And I also love that Kaiyodo cephalopods set as well!   Some pretty cool stuff out there!!!   8)

ITdactyl

I know you already posted new cephalopod pics but... those brachiosaurs... *drools*

Thanks for sharing the scales.  I didn't realize the Favorite brachiosaurs would fit in my 1/72 [obsession]collection.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: Viking Spawn on November 05, 2015, 05:46:48 AM
That Bob Morales Dragon Attack Brachiosaur is AMAZING!!!   

And I also love that Kaiyodo cephalopods set as well!   Some pretty cool stuff out there!!!   8)

If you know the brachiosaurid illustrations from the 'Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs', you can clearly see that Bob Morales
  had scientific guidance by Gregory S. Paul. This was one of the reasons why this model was a must-have to me.

I have said it quite often before and I repeat: These are the best times for Dinosaur figure lovers ever!!!

Quote from: ITdactyl on November 05, 2015, 07:23:08 AM
Thanks for sharing the scales.  I didn't realize the Favorite brachiosaurs would fit in my 1/72 [obsession]collection.

I would say one of these two is definitely the Brachiosaurus for your collection then.

Libraraptor

Straightly heading towards the 100.000 views - mark! Wow, Helge! Quality is highly appreciated here! I´ll be following your efforts, that´s for sure!

postsaurischian

Thanks Stefan! To me this is second place ;D  (only counting personal threads). Blade is uncatchable!
You were one of the persons I had been stalking for months before joining the forum. Nostalgic as I am
I'm missing some people from those days   ... brontodocus or Himmapaan or Horridus ....... or radman :'(.
Of course other entertaining members have been coming in addition.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

EmperorDinobot

So much Brachiosaur goodness... *drops dead*

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 07, 2015, 09:19:33 PM
Thanks Stefan! To me this is second place ;D  (only counting personal threads). Blade is uncatchable!
You were one of the persons I had been stalking for months before joining the forum. Nostalgic as I am
I'm missing some people from those days   ... brontodocus or Himmapaan or Horridus ....... or radman :'(.
Of course other entertaining members have been coming in addition.

Yes. Yes, I feel the same.  :'( 
Nice to hear you´ve been stalking me before joining in and becoming THAT big :)

sauroid

this clearly is the thread to use as reference. and Helge is right, this is the best time for collecting prehistoric figures, and i must say THE BEGINNING of an era for collecting great figures (been happening during the past five years).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

dylansdinocollection

Hi I am new to this forum I just came across your amazing dinosaurs in battle , do you make these and paint them??

gfxtwin

Papo Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus with a bit of added scientific accuracy:

LophoLeeVT

i think the hands of the allo has been modified but i do not see the difference in the pachyrhinosaurus
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

gfxtwin

Yeah, I do kinda want to keep working on it but have hesitated since I'm afraid of butchering it, heh.  I just cut away the antler-like "stems" of the horns.  Really does need to look shorter though, which might happen after the holidays.

Uroplatus

Nice work you did on the Allo, but maybe you should start your own thread for this...
This is Postsaurischian's topic abouth his awesome collection.  ;)

gfxtwin

Hahaha, wow I've browsed this thread for months and never noticed all the figures were his.  Sweet creationist lord, I'll need to step my collecting game up before starting a thread like this.  Amazing stuff.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: