News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: DinoLord on October 15, 2015, 03:35:54 AM
Congratulations Helge! I also recently received one of these beauties from Brett. .......

Thanks Andrew! The SEGA Amargasaurus is among my top 5 sauropod models and a must-have for every collection.
Congratulations to you as well :D!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  REBOR 1:35  Acrocanthosaurus atokensis

..... next to the Creative-Beast 1:20 model by David Silva:

Ezikot

Nice again!

I've just took a look at your old DTF "Beautiful Dinosaur mix" and... well... just W O W!
...and you have great tastes in movies and comics (I love Moebius and Miyazaki too).

I know there's more than Dinosaurs in this collection thread.
But it has been named this way for more than 5 years now and when it comes to things like this I'm a bit traditional :-[.
:))
"Dinosaur mix" is ok, but "beautiful" isn't enough to say how great your collection is  :)

Viking Spawn

Beautiful Acro photos postsaurischian!   8)

postsaurischian

Thank you both for the nice comments. Taking pictures became a hobby of mine because of Dinosaur collecting :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  CollectA Prehistoric Collection 1:4 Guidraco

Shonisaurus

The photographs are beautiful and the figures somewhat the same. Thanks for sharing with the whole forum.

joossa

I agree. Great quality photos!  :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

postsaurischian

:)   My Battat Collection so far (... it's growing):

Shonisaurus

The Battat dinosaurs are great shame that are not sold in all online stores.

It is perhaps with Safari from top brands I've seen.

MLMjp

Every Single picture with Battat dinosaurs is beautiful, this figures really have a special presence.

joossa

I hope to get my hands on that Diplodocus one day...

Beautiful group shot. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 14, 2015, 03:52:01 PM

^-^  SEGA Prize large vinyl Amargasaurus
                         > I've been wanting this one for some years - it has always been so rare and expensive.
                            Thanks to Brett (brettnj) I was able to get it from the Japanese Yahoo page for a reasonable price.

I'm still hoping someday I'll be able to get this one for a fair price. Perhaps Brett will be successful in finding me one too.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 17, 2015, 05:07:52 PM
The Battat dinosaurs are great shame that are not sold in all online stores.

That's indeed a shame! We Europeans have to pay more than twice as much for the re-releases .... but they're still worth it.

By the way: Thanks again to amargasaurus cazaui  for the TERRA repaints and Simon for the new TERRA figures!

Quote from: MLMjp on October 17, 2015, 06:17:02 PM
Every Single picture with Battat dinosaurs is beautiful, this figures really have a special presence.

They're classic and of ageless beauty :)! Being in scale to each other also makes it a very special series.

Quote from: joossa on October 17, 2015, 10:01:50 PM
I hope to get my hands on that Diplodocus one day...

I think this should be just a matter of time ;) .... (if the Target people do not change their plans).

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 18, 2015, 04:39:11 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on October 14, 2015, 03:52:01 PM
  ^-^  SEGA Prize large vinyl Amargasaurus

I'm still hoping someday I'll be able to get this one for a fair price. Perhaps Brett will be successful in finding me one too.

Thumbs pressed, Patrick!
  After years of hunting I was so desperate that I nearly bought that USD 200 eBay offer I had been watching for months.
  Then Brett came along and he got it from the Japanese Yahoo auction page for Yen 4.600. I'm so glad I didn't do the eBay deal ^-^.

postsaurischian

^-^   Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:35 Maiasaura (re-painted by Martin Garratt)

Simon

Beautiful paint up of an otherwise problematic Kaiyodo model (translation: the pose just always struck me as a bit awkward.  I converted mine into a Lambeosaurus by sculpting a crest onto its head. No pictures I am afraid - I sold it for someone else to finish the paint up ....)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Simon on October 24, 2015, 11:05:32 PM
Beautiful paint up of an otherwise problematic Kaiyodo model (translation: the pose just always struck me as a bit awkward.  I converted mine into a Lambeosaurus by sculpting a crest onto its head. No pictures I am afraid - I sold it for someone else to finish the paint up ....)

Thanks!
I see no awkwardness in the Maiasaura's pose. It looks like being in a defending position or bugling :).
You should restart customizing Dinosaur models one day.

:)  CollectA Prehistoric Life 1:40* Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex (re-painted by Martin Garratt)     * more like 1:35 I'd say.

>  I do agree with everyone who says that this is the best Dinosaur figure CollectA has produced so far.
                                   The pose is unique and definitely a winner. The figure is quite heavy (like Papo's) and wonderfully sculpted.
                                   I think (hope) the legs won't bend forward after a while. Although not being a huge fan of feathered
                                   tyrannosaurs, I somehow like this one a lot. CollectA makes excellent extant mammal & bird figures and
                                   you can see that experience in this Tyrannosaurus sculpt.
                                   Still the end product has some flaws (for my tastes) - the clearly visible gaps, the moveable jaw (not a
                                   fan of this trend) and the horrible colours. Martin made all these flaws disappear in a marvelous way :D.

Rain

I wasn't a fan of the feathered Rex's colors either but holy cow that looks stunning, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it looked like that and I had the money. Great collection btw ! :)

Shonisaurus

Still the same figure this feathered tyrannosaurus rex Collecta is better than the original-painted. Their colors are more realistic and more fierce looks.

ceratopsian

It's gorgeous in its new coloration.  Amazing how much difference it makes and how convincing it makes it as an animal.  (I'm also glad I'm not the only person in the world who isn't keen on moveable jaws.)

Pachyrhinosaurus

I never liked the original figure, but the modifications made this one absolutely spectacular! I know I would buy one if they were all made like this.  :))
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

amargasaurus cazaui

I also somewhat doubt the factuality of feathered tyrannosaurus, it just does not look correct..however I have to admit that with more realistic coloring and the repainted feel Martin gives it, the piece looks far more lifelike and less "derpy' and like something Disney-esque , the way it did before. I think Martin has such a knack for making these figures come to life...perhaps there is indeed truth in the "Tardis theory" about him
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: