News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Rain on October 25, 2015, 04:24:55 PM
I wasn't a fan of the feathered Rex's colors either but holy cow that looks stunning, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it looked like that and I had the money. Great collection btw ! :)

EXACTLY!!!  ^^^   Beautiful repaint!  I too, would not think twice in getting one if it was painted like that!!!

Simon

Well, *DANG*  :o :o :o

I always thought that Collecta feathered TRex looked, well a little "fluffy" (pun intended  ;D ;D)

but .... Martin has turned it into a live-looking animal!  Wow.  What an awesome sculpt.  The awesomeness is definitely hidden by the original neon paint job.

RobinGoodfellow

Sir Martin Garratt did a stunning work, as usual....
Congrats   ^-^

postsaurischian

:D Thank you all for the comments.
I'm soo happy with the modified CollectA Tyrannosaurus! I've been looking for a really good one in this size for ages.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 25, 2015, 08:39:13 PM
....... I think Martin has such a knack for making these figures come to life...perhaps there is indeed truth in the "Tardis theory" about him

The "Tardis theory" ???? Oh, I want to know more about the "Tardis theory"!

amargasaurus cazaui

Used to be a few images floating around showing Martin emerging from the Tardis , to get his information how to paint dinosaurs. One showed him coming around one side as a Tyrannosaurus reared up on the other side...It has been an often used internet conspiracy theory that Martin uses the Tardis to scout for information how to paint and make his dinosaurs more life-like and the images seem to suggest some truth to the rumor.
   Others had offered he does not use models but actual taxidermy..who knows.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

so much beauty in this thread.
i wouldnt mind paying double for the collecta T. rex if only it were painted like that.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: sauroid on October 26, 2015, 01:56:14 PM
i wouldnt mind paying double for the collecta T. rex if only it were painted like that.

Same here!

Mamasaurus

That rex is absolutely stunning. I would also happily pay double for a beauty like that one.  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 26, 2015, 12:04:21 PM
Used to be a few images floating around showing Martin emerging from the Tardis , to get his information how to paint dinosaurs. One showed him coming around one side as a Tyrannosaurus reared up on the other side...It has been an often used internet conspiracy theory that Martin uses the Tardis to scout for information how to paint and make his dinosaurs more life-like and the images seem to suggest some truth to the rumor.
   Others had offered he does not use models but actual taxidermy..who knows.

;D He, he! I've never seen any episode of Dr. Who, so I've never heard of that Tardis. I googled it.
Nice imagination. One of our British members should pay Martin a visit and see what's hidden in his backyard shed :).

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 27, 2015, 04:22:19 AM
Quote from: sauroid on October 26, 2015, 01:56:14 PM

Same here!
Quote from: Mamasaurus on October 27, 2015, 10:59:05 PM
That rex is absolutely stunning. I would also happily pay double for a beauty like that one.  ^-^

If I would live in England, the price would have been about twice as much.
Unfortunately I don't and the British shipping quotes are among the highest in the world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Ichthyostega ~ Kaiyodo (left), Cog Ltd. (right)
                                                                > with thanks to Halichoeres for the Cog Ltd. figure

postsaurischian

:)  Vitali Klatt 1:10  Diplocaulus

This was originally planned as the prey for the Dimetrodon vs. Ophiacodon diorama.
                                         I admit I was a bit sad when it got replaced by the Seymouria - but even better now!
                                           It deserves being a single model and it got a beautiful paintjob by Klatt himself.
                           He hadn't planned to sell it but Urzeitshop owner and DTF member Mironimus talked him into doing so.
                                                            He made five of these and I'm very happy I got one :D!

... compared to Kaiyodo Dinotales No.014 B - Diplocaulus magnicornis

amargasaurus cazaui

What a neat story and so awesome that you got one of the pieces...could not have gone to a better home !
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments. The Diplocaulus is such a cute little beauty!

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 25, 2015, 08:39:13 PM
....... Martin has such a knack for making these figures come to life...perhaps there is indeed truth in the "Tardis theory" about him

:o :o It's all true!!
  Martin is using the Tardis to get his ideas for Dinosaur paint schemes. Marilyn has just sent me some evidence photos!

amargasaurus cazaui

aha so the proof is finally to be had....Martin is using the Tardis !!!

joossa

Fantastic Ichthyostega and Diplocaulus models! Love them!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

postsaurischian

;D  LEGO Pteranodon - "May the Force be with you!"

No, I'm not going slightly mad. These two figures were presents. Being known as a Dinosaur fanatic and lover of fantasy,
  people tend to give me obscure things for birthday, christmas etc. (most things end in the garbage bin). I will keep these
  two LEGOs (probably the only two I will ever have). I think they're nice, I even think the Pteranodon is pretty well done ;D.

mest

You have really amazing collection of dinos. Where or how to you store them all?

laticauda

The Yoda Pteranodon combo is sweet.  It a shame George Lucas didn't think of that idea.  Imagine Yoda going into battle on the back of a Pteranodon, spine tingling.

postsaurischian

Quote from: mest on October 31, 2015, 01:10:31 PM
You have really amazing collection of dinos. Where or how to you store them all?

:) Thank you! They're everywhere except for the bathroom. About the half is stored away in cardboard boxes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>:D  REBOR 1/3 Tenontosaurus tilletti  between the teeth of the Ants In Hand Museum Tyrannosaurus rex

>  This REBOR figure is slated for their Acrocanthosaurus' prey. While being shown a lot of times, it has
                       been playing only minor walk-ons, It's a nice sculpt and I thought it might be worth a session. It's
                       Halloween and the right time to post such pics. Hope you like the morbid beauty of the Tenontosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: