News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Best allosaur figures?

Started by gfxtwin, August 05, 2013, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 07, 2013, 09:08:10 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 05, 2013, 04:43:26 PM
I was also going to mention the Wild Safari Allosaurus. I believe it is very accurate, the only issue I take with it is the color. Personally, my favorite is the Papo. It is mostly accurate with a lot of detail and at a reasonable price. I love that first one you posted (is it Kaiyodo?) but I cannot afford that one.

EDIT: All those models TQ posted are of course fantastic but completely out of my league.

While the WS Allosaurus is accurate, it seems to have a peculiar 'retro' vibe to it, IMO. I hope Carnegie, or WS releases an updated Allosaurus in 2014 or 2015. Hopefully, it isn't lime-green  :-[
I don't like the Wild Safari Allosaurus so much...The same with the actual Carnegie.Both two are supposed to be "latest resculpts"so they habe been sadly wasted.Both WSnand Carnegie's Allosaurus should get a resculpt.Can't Carnegie release an Allosaurus as awesome as their new Carnotaurus?I don't believe it.And aren't they able to release an improved,more colourful,cooler,with a more dynamic pose,Allosaurus?Sincerely,Imdon't think it.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2013, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on August 06, 2013, 10:49:55 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2013, 03:39:21 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on August 05, 2013, 05:05:52 PM
From my point of view is one of the best Allosaurus figures  ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCv0Hh60m1w

Another good one, if a little hard to find / pricey sometimes. The skull shape is more typical of 90's Allosaurus reconstructions..with a very pointed snout. :)

Yes, it is very hard to find this figure. My girldfirend gift to me this figure for my brth day the last year. This figure did not arrive to Spain in the past   :-\ as Bull T-Rex.

Yeah some had a very limited release.  It's a great figure and playset..the dino-damage feature is very well done too. It's a really neat play feature with the lab and all.

I think that it is a good replica of Allosaurus fragilis for its head. It is one of my best precious  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

I was also going to mention the Wild Safari Allosaurus. I believe it is very accurate, the only issue I take with it is the color. Personally, my favorite is the Papo. It is mostly accurate with a lot of detail and at a reasonable price. I love that first one you posted (is it Kaiyodo?) but I cannot afford that one.

EDIT: All those models TQ posted are of course fantastic but completely out of my league.

While the WS Allosaurus is accurate, it seems to have a peculiar 'retro' vibe to it, IMO. I hope Carnegie, or WS releases an updated Allosaurus in 2014 or 2015. Hopefully, it isn't lime-green  :-[

Im rather content with the Safari Allosaurus.  I dont think they should remake it, becuase we all know it will be a clown footed figure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 07, 2013, 09:20:59 AM

I don't like the Wild Safari Allosaurus so much...The same with the actual Carnegie.Both two are supposed to be "latest resculpts"so they habe been sadly wasted.Both WSnand Carnegie's Allosaurus should get a resculpt.Can't Carnegie release an Allosaurus as awesome as their new Carnotaurus?I don't believe it.And aren't they able to release an improved,more colourful,cooler,with a more dynamic pose,Allosaurus?Sincerely,Imdon't think it.

The Carnegie Allo does need a re-sculpt. It's not very new at all to be honest..perhaps more new than some of the older Carnegies but still.  The Wild Safari Allo is the best figure/toy on the market currently in terms of accuracy, you can take my word for it if you'd like. The color..as I'm fond of saying..it's only paint and can be re-done. 

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2013, 05:46:05 PM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 07, 2013, 09:20:59 AM

The Carnegie Allo does need a re-sculpt. It's not very new at all to be honest..perhaps more new than some of the older Carnegies but still.  The Wild Safari Allo is the best figure/toy on the market currently in terms of accuracy, you can take my word for it if you'd like. The color..as I'm fond of saying..it's only paint and can be re-done.
This figure is scientifically accurate,but I think Papo's still more accurate (just my thoughts),but,yeah,I kniw Carnegie has potential to release the best Allosaurs in the toy market.If they really produces a new one,it would amazing.An Allosaurus sculpted by Forest Rogers in the Carnegie would be glorious!Hope Safari Ltd.hears me  :D

tyrantqueen

QuoteThis figure is scientifically accurate,but I think Papo's still more accurate (just my thoughts),but,yeah,I kniw Carnegie has potential to release the best Allosaurs in the toy market.If they really produces a new one,it would amazing.An Allosaurus sculpted by Forest Rogers in the Carnegie would be glorious!Hope Safari Ltd.hears me
Not really. I love the Papo Allosaurus, but the broken forearms place it behind the Safari in terms of scientific accuracy.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 09:30:44 PM
QuoteThis figure is scientifically accurate,but I think Papo's still more accurate (just my thoughts),but,yeah,I kniw Carnegie has potential to release the best Allosaurs in the toy market.If they really produces a new one,it would amazing.An Allosaurus sculpted by Forest Rogers in the Carnegie would be glorious!Hope Safari Ltd.hears me
Not really. I love the Papo Allosaurus, but the broken forearms place it behind the Safari in terms of scientific accuracy.

Yes, but on the other side of that the Safari Allosaurus comes very close to being a tail dragger, it also lacks the large claw on digit 1. They're both great figures though and I'm happy to have them both.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 07, 2013, 09:38:50 PM

Yes, but on the other side of that the Safari Allosaurus comes very close to being a tail dragger, it also lacks the large claw on digit 1. They're both great figures though and I'm happy to have them both.

I also really like my Papo Allo but the arms are a bit of a let down.  The claw on the WS I can forgive due to scale. The tail was probably a stability issue like with many Carnegie / Safari pieces. It can be positioned to have the tail higher..I actually re-posed a " pack " of them to confront my new Brachiosaurus last year.

gfxtwin

Hairdryer + icewater fixes that problem. 

EDIT:  That sounded a bit morbid, but you know what I mean, lol.

Nebuloid

These are mine :

My favourite would be the Kinto desktop model. Despite its flaws like the upper lip/bright colours, I just love his muscle tone and pose.
Close second is the soft-model Allosaurus, but it might be a little too skinny. After that it's the safari one, and then the rest.

EmperorDinobot

IMHO, Jurassic Park has produced the best two allosaur figures: the recent one and the one with the medical center.

After that, I choose to go with the soft model Kinto replicas. I do not have one, but after studying allosauros for years, I would go with that one. Also, the newer Safari one, despite its tripod pose, is extremely well done. I wish I could find one...in the wild!

That desktop model is amazing. One of the best, but it is...a statue, and statues are not figures!

Jetoar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 12, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
IMHO, Jurassic Park has produced the best two allosaur figures: the recent one and the one with the medical center.

After that, I choose to go with the soft model Kinto replicas. I do not have one, but after studying allosauros for years, I would go with that one. Also, the newer Safari one, despite its tripod pose, is extremely well done. I wish I could find one...in the wild!

That desktop model is amazing. One of the best, but it is...a statue, and statues are not figures!

I think the same taht you friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

dinohunter24

Quote from: Jetoar on August 12, 2013, 01:09:32 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 12, 2013, 12:11:15 PM

I think the same taht you friend  ^-^.

I love my Papo Allosaurus, it stand perfectly well even when I spin it 360 degree. 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.