News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 04, 2012, 11:05:34 PM
Quote from: SBell on April 04, 2012, 11:03:20 PM
You have three options: Safari (great), CollectA (good), FameMaster (great). Or all three, since they all are about the same size, with different poses and some paint variation.
There's also one by Toyway.

I choose to ignore the ignoble Toyway line. Also, it is out of production now, and why hunt for something when there are three better ones out there? :D

Tylosaurus

As for Frame Master, ah yes this one :)

very nice indeed, thx for the idea's SBell :)

CityRaptor

That one looks awesome.

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 04, 2012, 10:43:10 PM
Hay thanks CityRaptor :) yeah I never heard of that brand before though it reads Japanese :) Anyways I kinda like that they have this sculpt in four different colors so I guess it will be a surprise in what color I will get him, ah well they all look very cool :)

Actually there are only 2 color variants, which both pictured in diffent angles. The Dinotales Series is pretty awesome, especially for their size. But they are more suited as Collector's items rather than toys to be played with.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Yeah I knew they were, ah well they will look sweet between my Orchids :+ that Frame Master Kentro is definitely on my hit list, it really looks awesome, might be nice on one of my upcoming case mods too ;)

Well that's cool , found the 4D model on ebay for a steal too, so I added it haha
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/230404598347?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And that's my Kentrosaurus :D

Meso-Cenozoic

Got my second batch of 2012's from DeJankins! Man, I'm really loving this year!!  8)

This batch included:

1. Papo green Running Rex (Just awesome!)
2. Papo brown repaint Squatting Rex (And a lovely squatter he is!)
3. Papo Tylosaurus (I like him so much better in person!)
4. CollectA Deluxe Neovenator (Man is he BIG! Only problem is my fig's ankles and feet are really bowed inwards and won't stand. At all. Anyone else had that problem? No problem though. Dean is gonna send me out another one.)
5. CollectA Dead Trike (Pretty cool and will def come in handy for dios!)
6. CollectA Hypsilophodon Family (So cute and nice details especially for their size!)
7. CollectA Theri (Very nice fig!)
8. CollectA Kosmoceratops
9. CollectA Utahceratops (Both of these Ceratopsians are quite nice little figs.)
10. CollectA Tsintaosaurus (Can't believe I hadn't gotten this "horny little devil" before! He is.... well you know, quite a nice upstanding figure! ;))
11. Bullyland Spino (Not bad. Kinda grows on you. And yes, he has the trademark googly eyes, bigger and better than ever!)
12. Bullyland Theri (OK, he's a pretty nice fig overall. The biggest problem, though, is he is BIG! I mean HUGE!! Comparable to the Spino's size. After trying and trying to figure out how and where to display him, he is just simply too big and bulky to fit in anywhere comfortably in my collection. So, back he goes. One really good plus about him I should point out is he has wonderful tiny eyes!)

I also ordered CollectA's Miragaia and Doli, because they were also suppose to be in Dean's last shipment. But sadly, one of his boxes was lost in the mailing system somewhere. And that box was the one that included those two figs. I'll def be getting them, though. Just have to wait for the next shipment to come in.

OK, that's it for this round. I was going to take some pics of all my new ones, but most have all been posted before, except for maybe the Bullyland figs, if I'm not mistaken. (But could be wrong.)
So here are some different angle shots of the Spino, with one comparative group shot. I didn't take any pics of the Theri since I am sending it back and thought I should keep it in it's plastic bag. Although, it is an open plastic bag. So, if anyone would really like to see a pic of it, I guess I could take a couple of very careful shots of it. Let me know soon, though, because I'll be sending him back shortly.

Without further delay, here's Mr. Spino with the goog-goog-googly eyes!  :o

postsaurischian

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on April 05, 2012, 10:32:04 AM
Got my second batch of 2012's from DeJankins! Man, I'm really loving this year!!  8)
12. Bullyland Theri (OK, he's a pretty nice fig overall. The biggest problem, though, is he is BIG! I mean HUGE!! Comparable to the Spino's size. After trying and trying to figure out how and where to display him, he is just simply too big and bulky to fit in anywhere comfortably in my collection. So, back he goes. One really good plus about him I should point out is he has wonderful tiny eyes!)

Nice haul, Meso-Cenozoic :).

But I think the biggest problem of the Theri are its 2 left feet ::). Oh my, Bullyland .......

Seijun

Does he really have two left feet?
I haven't seen any customer pics of the theri yet.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tylosaurus

Just bought myself The New Dinosaurs by William Stout from 2000
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160756053489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

therizinosaurus

Do you guys remember me?  :)
Anyways I picked up the safari prehistoric sharks tube yesterday, my first new purchase in a while. Hope everyone is doing well!

Tylosaurus

Welcome to the new place Therizinosaurus 8) I think I remember you, yer :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on April 05, 2012, 09:05:46 PM

Obviously he does.
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielwaren/Bullyland/Therizinosaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-Bullyland.html
Although from these pics you can't say if we have two right or two left feet here. To me this is inexcusable C:-).

Quote from: therizinosaurus on April 06, 2012, 11:30:43 PM

How could we not remember the man who seemed to be able to knock out as many Battats as he wanted to :)?

I'm looking forward to your latest photography :).

Seijun

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 07, 2012, 07:10:18 AM
Quote from: Seijun on April 05, 2012, 09:05:46 PM

Obviously he does.
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielwaren/Bullyland/Therizinosaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-Bullyland.html
Although from these pics you can't say if we have two right or two left feet here. To me this is inexcusable C:-).

Yikes. I was hoping that this was just a vicious rumor!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Meso-Cenozoic

^^ Oh my, I was hoping you were just referring to his dancing ability! LOL!  ;D

Well, I'm holding mine right now and he def has two tiny dew claws on the upper outside of the feet. But on the inside, he has two more toes that are a little bit longer than the dews and they face more inwards and to the back a little. How many toes should a Theri have, anyway? With the three big front ones and including these other two smaller ones, this fig has five on each foot. I'll def try and get some pics for y'all this weekend!

tanystropheus

The Bullyland Therizinosaurus (despite it's witch feet) is probably the best dinosaur figure the company has ever produced, but then again, I haven't seen it up front.  I suppose that if CollectA never introduced the Theri in 2012, I would have picked up Bullyland's version, instead.

tanystropheus

Hay thanks CityRaptor :) yeah I never heard of that brand before though it reads Japanese :) Anyways I kinda like that they have this sculpt in four different colors so I guess it will be a surprise in what color I will get him, ah well they all look very cool :)
Only I seek a good Kentrosaurus, so far I was not able to make up my mind yet.

All the Steggies I have so far are the following:

From CollectA:
Dacentrurus
Lexovisaurus
Weurosaurus
Stegosaurus

Carnegie Safari Ltd.:
Miragaia

Kaiyodo Dinotales 7
Huayangosaurus

6 different Steggies so far hehe, still seeking a good Kentrosaurus before I proceed with any other branded Steggies :)

IMO, Tyco has the best overall Kentrosaurus model (it even sports a dewlap). A "loose" model sells for relatively cheap on ebay (well, "cheap" based on DR standards, anyway). You won't be disappointed. However, the model may be totally out of scale with the rest of your collection. The WS Kentrosaurus is also okay, but it has some rather odd googly eyes (not as "googly" as the Bullyland Spinosaurus, though). I would love to see CollectA remake their Lexovisaurus or Weurosaurus for 2013, or introduce the Huayangosaurus.

therizinosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 07, 2012, 07:10:18 AM
Quote from: therizinosaurus on April 06, 2012, 11:30:43 PM

How could we not remember the man who seemed to be able to knock out as many Battats as he wanted to :)?

I'm looking forward to your latest photography :).

Haha well I'm glad, sorry I haven't been around much lately! Will be from now on though.
And thanks so much! I'm definitely going to be doing a lot more photography of my dinos from now on, it's definitely time for some new photos of my collection haha.
:)

Tylosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 07, 2012, 10:16:14 PM
Only I seek a good Kentrosaurus, so far I was not able to make up my mind yet.

All the Steggies I have so far are the following:

From CollectA:
Dacentrurus
Lexovisaurus
Weurosaurus
Stegosaurus

Carnegie Safari Ltd.:
Miragaia

Kaiyodo Dinotales 7
Huayangosaurus

6 different Steggies so far hehe, still seeking a good Kentrosaurus before I proceed with any other branded Steggies :)

IMO, Tyco has the best overall Kentrosaurus model (it even sports a dewlap). A "loose" model sells for relatively cheap on ebay (well, "cheap" based on DR standards, anyway). You won't be disappointed. However, the model may be totally out of scale with the rest of your collection. The WS Kentrosaurus is also okay, but it has some rather odd googly eyes (not as "googly" as the Bullyland Spinosaurus, though). I would love to see CollectA remake their Lexovisaurus or Weurosaurus for 2013, or introduce the Huayangosaurus.
Well as Tyco goes Got that one allready bought it in 1988 :)
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,102.msg1079.html#msg1079

More about my DR's there mate and welcome to the Dinosaur Toy Forum! 8)
And as for those Steggies, I went for all of them they should arrive very shortly, you can follow my collection thread here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,141.msg4426.html#msg4426

Meso-Cenozoic

Hey Theri, welcome over here! And in honor of you, here's the pics I promised earlier in this thread of the HUGE Bullyland 2012 Theri...

He does have a sweet face...

But he's SO BIG! Look at him next to the new Bully Spino and CollectA Theri...

If he was actually this big in real life, he would have no problem taking on that Spino, especially with his huge sickle claws!

I don't know. Should I keep him? I'm growing a little fond of him since his photo shoot. But he's still sooooo big! I really don't have anything else in his scale. BTW, what scale is he suppose to be? Bullyland used to have a relevant scale of 1/35, right? But with this and last year's group, I don't think they're sticking with any particular scale anymore. Seems like they're gearing their line more towards the kids' market, with the new moveable parts and each year's figs being of relevant size to each other.

tyrantqueen

I dunno...if you really love the figure then keep it...but since the CollectA Theri has been released I don't really think there is any reason to choose the Bullyland over it personally...but then again I am not a huge fan of Bullyland's sculpting style *shrug*

I like the body and claws, but I don't like the face  :P

Horridus

FIVE toes? What's going on there...?

Oh yes, I finally succumbed and bought a Schleich Brachiosaurus.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: