News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

For me this is a perfect find as I only want to collect Steggies ^-^ thus that is what counts most for my needs ;) With ebay you can get to such items, ebay sellers do seem to bother to ship worldwide 8)

JurassicJr

I received the retired Carnegie Styracosaurus today!  :)

Takama

My latest hall

Dont mind the loose change in that photo

CollectA

Eotyrannus
Majungathalus
Edmontia
Psiticasaurus
Rugops
Camptoesaurus
Lufengosaurus

and Safari Good luck mini
T-Rex(off screen)
Trike
Brachio
Dimetro
Stego(off screen)

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 10, 2012, 03:21:04 PM
Oh, it's so cute. I want it :) . I've seen it a few times on eBay, but it was always too expensive for a small figure like this.
What species is it exactly?
That's the Yujin Henkelotherium. Lovely figure! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

ITewan

My Toyway WWD Torosaurus and Leaellynasaura arrived in  the post today! I will post pics later. :)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

sauroid

Quote from: JurassicJr on April 10, 2012, 10:48:05 PM
I received the retired Carnegie Styracosaurus today!  :)

i also have that retired Carnegie Styracosaurus and it's one of my fave figures.

thanks Tylosaurus. i like that Ichthyosaurus too.  ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Well technically this isn't a toy, but is it ok to post here?
I got a really retro dinosaur book. Tylosaurus was displaying his book collection and I really liked one of the ones he had, so I went and got a copy of my own.
Prehistoric Animals: The Extraordinary Story of Life Before Man

I love how it describes the Rex as "horrifyingly grotesque" XD Come on, he's not that bad  :P
For some reason retro artwork fascinates me.  :P

Tylosaurus

Hay nice find!!! Yeah i bought that book back in 1985 :) In a store called Indooroopilly which was located somewhere in the Western Suburbs of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia :)
And it seems that Indooroopilly still exists :o
http://indooroopillyshopping.com.au/index.php?/getting-here

SBell

Finally got my Kaiyodo Guanlong, plus a few other choice figures--Kaiyodo Pike eel, electric eel, water beetle, and a couple of other fish (from a few aquarium sets--the only sets that Kaiyodo seems to actually make now)!

therizinosaurus

Quote from: SBell on April 11, 2012, 04:12:22 PM
Finally got my Kaiyodo Guanlong, plus a few other choice figures--Kaiyodo Pike eel, electric eel, water beetle, and a couple of other fish (from a few aquarium sets--the only sets that Kaiyodo seems to actually make now)!

That's a shame about Kaiyodo  :-\ But good going on the Guanlong!

mmfrankford

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 11, 2012, 01:54:21 PM
Well technically this isn't a toy, but is it ok to post here?
I got a really retro dinosaur book. Tylosaurus was displaying his book collection and I really liked one of the ones he had, so I went and got a copy of my own.
Prehistoric Animals: The Extraordinary Story of Life Before Man

I love how it describes the Rex as "horrifyingly grotesque" XD Come on, he's not that bad  :P
For some reason retro artwork fascinates me.  :P

I remember that book. That picture in the book looks like a red colored Gwangi.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI remember that book. That picture in the book looks like a red colored Gwangi.
Indeed it does XD

Meso-Cenozoic

I'm curious about when that book was originally published. If Tylo got it back in '85, then it's at least that old. I'm wondering because, for info that old, they got the hands pointing in the right direction, compared to some of today's figure companies that still don't get it right!  ::)

(BTW, yes, he does look like a blushing Gwangi. Except, didn't Gwangi have 3 fingers on each hand?)

tyrantqueen

I do believe Gwangi was an allosaurus, but Ray Harryhausen got the two mixed up.

I checked the book, apparently the first publication was in 1975  :P

Anywayz, I'm now on the lookout for more retro dinosaur books  8)

Gwangi

The following is from wikipedia...

Although Harryhausen intended Gwangi, the main antagonist of the film, to be an Allosaurus, he based the model of the dinosaur on a Tyrannosaurus that he had made much earlier. Harryhausen occasionally confused the two, stating in a DVD interview: "We called it an Allosaurus, occasionally... They're both meat eaters, they're both Tyrants... one was just a bit larger than the other." The apparent size of the animal on screen resembles that of an allosaur and it has three fingers on each hand (as did Allosaurus) whereas tyrannosaurs had only two. A full-size tyrannosaur may not have been feasible given some aspects of the plot.

sauroid

i got the same book a couple of weeks ago from a second hand bookstore.
the Ceratosaurus' arms look positioned correctly too.

and this Triceratops model is very Harryhausen-like.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on April 11, 2012, 04:12:22 PM

The Dinosaur Expo 2009 figures were made by Capcom, not Kaiyodo.

The Guanlong is a wonderful model :)!!

tyrantqueen

IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME!!!  ^-^

Crystal Palace style  8)

brontodocus

Lovely model, tyrantqueen! :) If I remember correctly this one is also sculpted by Kazunari Araki. 8)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Tylosaurus

W000t!!!! What a beauty!! Time to Party!
And big too by the looks of it! haha Are ya gonna get the rest!?
He's awsums!
Didn't he come with a base made of wood? Never knew he'd be without his wooden base :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: