News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Takama

QuoteIt has no nostrils how can it smell?
quote from an expert forum moderater

CityRaptor

Maybe it uses sonar instead!  :D

So just ordered two replica skulls. Chasmosaurus 1/10 and Diplodocus 1/4. Both were 90% off. So cheap that the online store did want to charge extra money due to not reaching the minimum order. 2,50 € because I was 1,70 € under the minimum order. So I also brought a G1 Cliffjumper keychain, which also was 2,50 €, eliminating the extra charge. I also had a coupon, making the complete order 10€ cheaper, yeah!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

Egad. Which store was this?

Horridus

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

CityRaptor

www.pearl.de

Not sure if they deliver outside of Germany.
Oh no

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 03, 2012, 07:26:00 PM
www.pearl.de

Not sure if they deliver outside of Germany.

Be aware that pearl.de is not selling original Favorite skulls.
These are knock-offs made of some sort of metal..

CityRaptor

These are knockoffs? Do you know about their quality? Are they "not as good as the original, but still good" or "cheap and crappy"?
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Hey everyone :)

Bought some Steggies again some real beauties which I forgot to order last week rofl ;D

So here they are :)

Lexovisaurus:
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielwaren/CollectA/Lexovisaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-CollectA.html

Weurosaurus:
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielwaren/CollectA/Wuerhosaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-CollectA.html

Stegosaurus:
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Nach-Marke-Hersteller/CollectA/Stegosaurus-1-36-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-CollectA.html

Going Steggy Mania again haha The Dacentrurus and the Miragaia which I ordered last week arrived today safely :)
But I will post these in my collection thread ;)

Horridus

Got me the brown Papo 'squatting rex', so I did.

It's just different enough from the original to warrant the purchase. Probably.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Sumo

Quote from: Horridus on April 04, 2012, 08:08:15 PM
Got me the brown Papo 'squatting rex', so I did.

It's just different enough from the original to warrant the purchase. Probably.
What's the plastic like? My green one is really bendy...
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Horridus

Quote from: Sumo on April 04, 2012, 08:32:47 PM
What's the plastic like? My green one is really bendy...
The same, as far as I can tell.
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2012, 07:17:24 PM
These are knockoffs? Do you know about their quality? Are they "not as good as the original, but still good" or "cheap and crappy"?

"not as good as the original, but still good" - especially for that price.

Tylosaurus

Hah and anoother Steggy!
As I just grabbed me this Kaiyodo Dinotales 7 Huayangosaurus for a cheap steal of a deal
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/251018328628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Tylo seeks MOAR Steggies!

CityRaptor

Congrats! That is a great piece. I have two of it myself. Both are the green Version. Got them when the 7th series was more easily available a few years ago. 

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 04, 2012, 09:37:54 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2012, 07:17:24 PM

"not as good as the original, but still good" - especially for that price.

Thanks for clarifying that! Now I don't need to  feel bad because of buying them.
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Hay thanks CityRaptor :) yeah I never heard of that brand before though it reads Japanese :) Anyways I kinda like that they have this sculpt in four different colors so I guess it will be a surprise in what color I will get him, ah well they all look very cool :)
Only I seek a good Kentrosaurus, so far I was not able to make up my mind yet.

All the Steggies I have so far are the following:

From CollectA:
Dacentrurus
Lexovisaurus
Weurosaurus
Stegosaurus

Carnegie Safari Ltd.:
Miragaia

Kaiyodo Dinotales 7
Huayangosaurus

6 different Steggies so far hehe, still seeking a good Kentrosaurus before I proceed with any other branded Steggies :)

SBell

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 04, 2012, 10:43:10 PM
Hay thanks CityRaptor :) yeah I never heard of that brand before though it reads Japanese :) Anyways I kinda like that they have this sculpt in four different colors so I guess it will be a surprise in what color I will get him, ah well they all look very cool :)

All the Steggies I have so far are the following:

From CollectA:
Dacentrurus
Lexovisaurus
Weurosaurus
Stegosaurus

Carnegie Safari Ltd.:
Miragaia

Kaiyodo Dinotales 7
Huayangosaurus

6 different Steggies so far hehe, still seeking a good Kentrosaurus before I proceed with any other branded Steggies :)

You have three options: Safari (great), CollectA (good), FameMaster (great). Or all three, since they all are about the same size, with different poses and some paint variation.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 04, 2012, 10:43:10 PM

Don't you like the Wild Safari Kentrosaurus ????
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=toys&thread=2902&page=1#71235
..... because I do ;).

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on April 04, 2012, 11:03:20 PM
You have three options: Safari (great), CollectA (good), FameMaster (great). Or all three, since they all are about the same size, with different poses and some paint variation.
There's also one by Toyway.

Tylosaurus

Frame Master hmm never seen that oen before but thanks for the heads up everyone I'll check my bank tomorrow and if all is cool More Steggies will be added as them Kentro's go :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: