News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Got myself a Kaiyodo Dino Expo Gigantoraptor! A beauty!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Thundercharge on January 25, 2013, 04:31:30 PM
Got the Jurassic Hunters Guanlong today! He's bigger than I expected, didn't know it was 1:20 scale  :))

Lovely Guanlong - it's even about 1:12 ;).

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 29, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

:D Beautiful Gigantoraptor! (... it's made by Capcom)

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 29, 2013, 03:19:55 PM
Quote from: Thundercharge on January 25, 2013, 04:31:30 PM
Got the Jurassic Hunters Guanlong today! He's bigger than I expected, didn't know it was 1:20 scale  :))

Lovely Guanlong - it's even about 1:12 ;).

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 29, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

:D Beautiful Gigantoraptor! (... it's made by Capcom)

According to the GW catalogue,. the Guanlong is meant to be 1:20 scale (and is 22cm long, but I don't know if those two values line up correctly).

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on January 29, 2013, 04:02:54 PM
According to the GW catalogue,. the Guanlong is meant to be 1:20 scale (and is 22cm long, but I don't know if those two values line up correctly).

22cm x 20 = 440cm

Much too long for Guanlong which was about 350cm at maximum length.

Libraraptor

Thanks for the Capcom corrections, I always believed the Dino Expo animals were from Kaiyodo...

Nebuloid

Quote from: Takama on January 29, 2013, 03:29:16 AM
something big n ugly is on its way to my house

Heh something ugly and quite big just arrived at mine, behold :

They were only 10E, but it was all about that "allosaurus" for me.
And I got another dino-rider styracosaurus plus some figures :

Horridus

I recently got hold of the Fossil Master Velociraptor skeleton. Not cheap (although still 1/2 the price of a Favorite resin), and the odd dodgy feature (I'm not sure it could do that with its hands...) but still, a really nice piece. I don't have any good photos of it yet, but the rather poor one below will give an idea of its size, at least (the Favorite model skull is life size).

The new year dino splurge has begun...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Quote from: Horridus on January 29, 2013, 06:30:16 PM
I recently got hold of the Fossil Master Velociraptor skeleton.

Wonderful piece, isn't it :)?
Did you know that it was originally part of the Kaiyodo Dinoland line in the early 90s? Without the Protoceratops skull of course.
In these days this skeleton model was far ahead of its time.

It's great to see that one after the other of these early Kaiyodo treasures is getting re-released ^-^.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wish Fossil Master would get on the ball and release the feathered velociraptor and Allo skeleton..both of which i plan to get. :)

Ikessauro

My two newcomers...
Safari Pterosaur (Anhanguera??)

Battat Maiasaura, got it for only 20 bucks!

Thundercharge

^ Great acquisitions, and nice find on the Maisaura!  ;)

I got the Safari Pterosaur/Anhanguera a couple days ago as well, very neat figure.  ^-^

Click sig for my collection! :)

Jetoar

Well done  and congrats for your new acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 30, 2013, 02:46:44 PM
My two newcomers...
Safari Pterosaur (Anhanguera??)

The Safari Ltd. model is based on the fossil findings of paleontologist, Paul Serono. The relatively new species of pterosaur is simply known as 'The African Pterosaur'.

http://www.projectexploration.org/news_121803.htm

An illustration of the 'African Pterosaur' by Todd Marshall:

http://planetdinosaur.com/images/PDImages/PaleoArt/ToddMarshallPterosaur.jpg

Ikessauro

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 31, 2013, 12:28:54 AM
The Safari Ltd. model is based on the fossil findings of paleontologist, Paul Serono. The relatively new species of pterosaur is simply known as 'The African Pterosaur'.

Yes, that paiting is very similar to the figure. Thanks for the help, I always wondered if it was an Anhanguera or not.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 31, 2013, 03:16:51 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 31, 2013, 12:28:54 AM

Yes, that paiting is very similar to the figure. Thanks for the help, I always wondered if it was an Anhanguera or not.

Not officially, no, but it's pretty darn close!

tyrantqueen

Manuel Bejarano 1/40 Pentaceratops.

And the Lirainosaurus too :)

Sorry about the horrible quality, I was in a hurry and my camera battery was dying :P I will take better photos soon and post them in the Shapeways thread, if anyone is interested.

I really love the Pentaceratops, it is the figure of this species that I have been searching for :)) The Chasmosaurus is also on its way.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Penta looks cool..can't wait to get one.

Nebuloid

This invicta collection arrived today, all in very good shape ( and dirt cheap ) :

8)

Ikessauro

That's one awesome acqusition nebuloid. But I see a non-invicta dino in there, looks like a black Corythosaurus.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 31, 2013, 05:53:39 PM
That's one awesome acqusition nebuloid. But I see a non-invicta dino in there, looks like a black Corythosaurus.

Wow you're right, didn't even notice yet ! The sculpt and everything looks identical , but there's no text anywhere, so what is it...

EDIT: okay I just found out it's a Tsintaosaurus from the Basel Natural History Museum, thanks to this forum !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: