News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: rubicon on January 18, 2013, 12:00:21 PM

my carnegie concavenator
Very nice,it looks like it should be standing next to a mounted skeleton of it in a museum or in a case,as the newer Carnegie Museum line toys often do.That's exactly what I look for in models.To me,"asthetics" as is often mentioned in defense of certain other lines just means "sculptor was not given time to do it right,did not have the skill to do it right,or simply didn't care enough to do it right."
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Seijun

My only complaint really is the paint on the "sail" The colors don't blend into the body at all, so it doesn't look like a part of the animal.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Spino-rex13

my carnegie concavenator

Once again how did you get it? I want one. Anyway I recently acquired the version b kaiyodo suchomimus
and 2012 favorite soft model spinosaurus. I'm waiting for my Wild Safari allosaurus
and sue T. rex to arrive.

Simon

I hate to be a party pooper, but I am not impressed by the Concavenator.  The tripod pose, the awkward placement (and lack of definition in) the legs, stiff posture and head that is sadly lacking in detail.  Despite the size difference, I still like the Collecta better.

Carnegie has a way to go if they want to compete with the likes of Favorite in terms of creature consistency.  (You know, where all the critters are made to the same standard of excellence.)  Carnegie has been hit or miss in this regard.  Wild Safari has done better in recent years ...

... I now pretty much focus on the Japanese lines (Kaiyodo, Favorite, and some larger ones like Sega) where the quality is generally more consistent ...

John

Quote from: Simon on January 19, 2013, 07:54:55 AM
I hate to be a party pooper, but I am not impressed by the Concavenator.  The tripod pose, the awkward placement (and lack of definition in) the legs, stiff posture and head that is sadly lacking in detail.  Despite the size difference, I still like the Collecta better.

Carnegie has a way to go if they want to compete with the likes of Favorite in terms of creature consistency.  (You know, where all the critters are made to the same standard of excellence.)  Carnegie has been hit or miss in this regard.  Wild Safari has done better in recent years ...

... I now pretty much focus on the Japanese lines (Kaiyodo, Favorite, and some larger ones like Sega) where the quality is generally more consistent ...

You and I could not be more different...
But look at it this way,neither of us will have to worry about the other ordering the last of what we really prefer! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Splonkadumpocus

Congratulations on the Concavenator; SDSMT doesn't have the new Safari figures yet and judging by last year, probably won't until May.

sauroid

Quote from: Seijun on January 19, 2013, 04:18:14 AM
My only complaint really is the paint on the "sail" The colors don't blend into the body at all, so it doesn't look like a part of the animal.
you are very right. the sail looks like a piece of painted cardboard pasted on the figure's back part. ???
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on January 19, 2013, 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: Seijun on January 19, 2013, 04:18:14 AM
you are very right. the sail looks like a piece of painted cardboard pasted on the figure's back part. ???

Like Seijun observed the colors just aren't blended well. It does have detail like all other Carnegie pieces..it just doesn't show with the paint work done here.  I might order two of these and give one a repaint.

Bokisaurus

my carnegie concavenator

Hmmm  ::) Really bad paint job on this figure. What on earth are they thinking? It really looks sloppy and that white is really not working :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

The main body looks okay to me..but the spine or fin certainly needs some blending.

ZoPteryx

Yeah, not quite as nice as I'd hoped. :-\  I'll still be getting it, but like others have said, I'll probably opt to repaint it.

Takama

I actaully like this one.    Yes its a tripod, but its in a horizontal pose (something that the puplcity photo dosent show)

Im alright with the color, I just wish they quit with the Beige based colors for a year or two. ::)

Libraraptor

Great new acquisitions: Starlux Pteranodon and famemaster 3D Puzzle Dilophosaurus!

radman

A nice pair of Parasaulophuses  Parasaurolophi some duckbills ::)

;) ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: radman on January 24, 2013, 01:50:18 AM
A nice pair of Parasaulophuses  Parasaurolophi some duckbills ::)

;) ;D

Nice !

I can't wait to get my 1/40 male Para..I just need the female one and nest made in 1/40 as well.. :)

Seijun

Who is the artist? They are beautiful.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Seijun on January 24, 2013, 08:22:16 AM
Who is the artist? They are beautiful.
Manuel Bejarano http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1047.msg29188.html#msg29188

Btw, Botm, the Para egg and nest model is in 1/40 now, it's just the female that is yet to be converted :)

Jetoar

Congrats for your acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Go these bad boys in today:  :)

Thundercharge

Quote from: Roselaar on January 24, 2013, 06:43:40 PM

So jealous!!!
Congrats, that's a great haul! I have the Kaiyodo 1/20 Allosaurus, it's a thing of beauty!  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: