News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Thanks Blade!
I forgot to post a pic of this guy, Bullyland Soft Play Mammoth; He's huge, just look at the pencil sharpener for a comparison.

And There's more! Here's what arrived today. After a long wait, but I'm happy they got here intact. Thanks Helge!

tyrantqueen

QuoteTQ: is that book totally in Nihongo?
Yes, it is. I don't speak or read Japanese, but it has more pictures than words, so it's all good. I believe art is a strongly visual process anyway.

Seijun

Where can one find a copy of this book?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Seijun on June 13, 2013, 07:30:26 PM
Where can one find a copy of this book?
I got mine on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, with the help of a Japanese person. It's also for sale on Amazon.co.jp. Kazunari Araki has actually published other dinosaur related books, but I don't know how good they are.

Roselaar

Quote from: FUTABA on June 12, 2013, 06:57:10 PM
Quote from: darylj on June 12, 2013, 06:19:16 PM
Just picked up these pieces. I love this baryonyx. One of my favourite models.
dont recognize some of the others though...
Can anyone offer any help?

http://postimg.cc/image/e7otfqqsh/
I have that same Pteranodon. It's from JP3 so I'm guessing it's a Hasbro.

Actually, it's a Pteranodon from the original JP Series line, so it's a Kenner figure.

FUTABA

Wow, I didn't know it was that old! Sweet. :)
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Look what the postladyperson handed me this morning. An Eotyrannus by CollectA.

His face looks pretty goofy in real life, compared to the pictures I've seen. Kinda has the dopey expression of a cartoon dog, and he has a lazy eye, but that sort of adds to his frantic looking zany cuteness.

FUTABA

Got a Takara Tomy Yutyrannus and Kaiyodo Dinotales Sinosauropteryx today from Mr. Postman.

My poor poor bank balance...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: FUTABA on June 15, 2013, 01:28:06 PM
Got a Takara Tomy Yutyrannus and Kaiyodo Dinotales Sinosauropteryx today from Mr. Postman.

This forum tends to have that effect...or exacerbate it.. lol

Jetoar

Awesome sinosauropteryx   ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

FUTABA

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2013, 04:47:10 PMThis forum tends to have that effect...or exacerbate it.. lol

Yeah I've noticed an ever more increased inspiration to acquire more little buddies since joining. (didn't think that was even possible, but it seems just as my obsessive nature apparently reaches it's threshold, it's threshold increases. It's sort of like a work out).

FUTABA

Quote from: Jetoar on June 15, 2013, 09:40:16 PM

Thanks. :) I got him second hand, but he's pretty much in mint condition. Very pleased.

SBell

Quote from: FUTABA on June 16, 2013, 01:21:22 AM

Thanks. :) I got him second hand, but he's pretty much in mint condition. Very pleased.

It's been a good ten years since yo would find those 'new'! Now you just have to find the other colour version!

:P

Primeval12

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2013, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on June 15, 2013, 01:28:06 PM

I like the albino look of the Sinosauropteryx.

CityRaptor

Yes, ever since I've been a lurker here, I noticed a certain increase and me starting to collect series I did not collect before.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

juju1305

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 16, 2013, 08:07:10 PM

Yes, ever since I've been a lurker here, I noticed a certain increase and me starting to collect series I did not collect before.

Same here... Favorite is a good example and I'm fighting a HUGE urge to start collecting Kaiyodo... >:D

Roselaar

Quote from: juju1305 on June 17, 2013, 06:26:06 PM

Same here... Favorite is a good example and I'm fighting a HUGE urge to start collecting Kaiyodo... >:D

Don't fight it, embrace it! Like I did. I don't regret it. ;)

FUTABA

Quote from: SBell on June 16, 2013, 03:34:52 AM

It's been a good ten years since yo would find those 'new'! Now you just have to find the other colour version!

Don't tempt me. :P Just saw one reasonably cheap on Ebay but I really can't justify it :-\

Gwangi

Quote from: juju1305 on June 17, 2013, 06:26:06 PM

I fight a lot of collecting urges too but don't fight the Kaiyodo one. They're a line really worth collecting. Beautiful, accurate and depending on how you do it...cheap.

SBell

Quote from: FUTABA on June 17, 2013, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: SBell on June 16, 2013, 03:34:52 AM

Don't tempt me. :P Just saw one reasonably cheap on Ebay but I really can't justify it :-\

Oh, but you can--it's a much better paint job up close, a more stable figure, and the pieces fit together better (which are the general justifications for any of the S1v2 Dinotales) ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: