News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Thanks for the info Seijun. One of these days I will need Gwangi in my life. Shame that DVD set seems so hard to find.

Roselaar

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 20, 2013, 06:58:57 PM

Collecta Lexovisaurus: it seems to be one of the earlier versions, it is marked as Procon on the belly and has white/grayish plates and claws (nails??)

Seems like customization to me. My Lexovisaurus says Procon too but looks otherwise normal.

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on June 20, 2013, 09:01:25 PM

Collecta Lexovisaurus: it seems to be one of the earlier versions, it is marked as Procon on the belly and has white/grayish plates and claws (nails??)

Seems like customization to me. My Lexovisaurus says Procon too but looks otherwise normal.

That isent customization.  That relly is the original color scheme for this figure

FUTABA

Today's arrivals.
All yesterdays... good, but not as good as I imagined.

I really want this. How come you were disappointed?
I really really like blue things.

Ikessauro

Quote from: FUTABA on June 21, 2013, 01:56:32 AM
Today's arrivals.

I can't give you a review because I didn't read the whole book yet, but seeing peoples opinion about it on-line and the whole hype it created in the paleoart community I was expecting more. I guess I let my expectation grow too much. It's just that when you get a book about paleoart you expect to see lots new illustrations and this books doesn't have that many illustrations and a lot of them were published on the internet before or during the book release. I expected those images to be just a little sample of the whole thing, but the book doesn't really have much more to see besides these images. The ones here are sure great pieces I'll give you that, and the book is printed in color, so it's hard to fit hundreds of photos because it would probably cost too much, that I understand. Another thing I didn't like is that lots of photos do not have a subtitle or explanation, I'm not sure it this was intentional to make the reader guess what's been portrayed or not. Anyway, I had imagined a bigger, thicker book, with lots of weird deviations about dinosaur lifestyle and other prehistoric animals, but instead several pages are devoted to incorrect reconstructions of today animals based on their skeletons, much like paleoart does with prehistoric creatures. I like that part a lot, but as a book  focused in paleoart, I'd say it should contain more paleoart stuff... I might change my view on this once I read the whole book. Aw, and the price is quite high for such a small book. It has a lot less content than expected. It's not even hardcover and cost me about $40, more than I paid for Dinosaur Art!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Takama on June 20, 2013, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on June 20, 2013, 09:01:25 PM

That isent customization.  That relly is the original color scheme for this figure

I suppose it is. Randy has it on a diorama. Check it out.

tyrantqueen

Finally received Dan LoRusso's Nyctosaurus. I only posted the head because it hasn't been fully assembled yet, and I thought the size of the crest was really remarkable :o

Big thanks to Postsaurischian for his help :)

Simon

Big thanks to Postsaurichian - got the Tarbosaurus and Saurolophus - fantastic figures by Tokugawa

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 22, 2013, 02:14:03 AM
Big thanks to Postsaurischian for his help :)

No worries. I'm glad it arrived quickly :).

The Nyctosaurus looks impressive :o!

Quote from: Simon on June 22, 2013, 09:25:49 AM
Big thanks to Postsaurichian - got the Tarbosaurus and Saurolophus - fantastic figures by Tokugawa

Cool :D! That was fast. Sometimes it works.
(Tokugawa rules!!)

FUTABA

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 21, 2013, 06:34:20 AM
Quote from: FUTABA on June 21, 2013, 01:56:32 AM
Today's arrivals.

I can't give you a review because I didn't read the whole book yet, but seeing peoples opinion about it on-line and the whole hype it created in the paleoart community I was expecting more. I guess I let my expectation grow too much. It's just that when you get a book about paleoart you expect to see lots new illustrations and this books doesn't have that many illustrations and a lot of them were published on the internet before or during the book release. I expected those images to be just a little sample of the whole thing, but the book doesn't really have much more to see besides these images. The ones here are sure great pieces I'll give you that, and the book is printed in color, so it's hard to fit hundreds of photos because it would probably cost too much, that I understand. Another thing I didn't like is that lots of photos do not have a subtitle or explanation, I'm not sure it this was intentional to make the reader guess what's been portrayed or not. Anyway, I had imagined a bigger, thicker book, with lots of weird deviations about dinosaur lifestyle and other prehistoric animals, but instead several pages are devoted to incorrect reconstructions of today animals based on their skeletons, much like paleoart does with prehistoric creatures. I like that part a lot, but as a book  focused in paleoart, I'd say it should contain more paleoart stuff... I might change my view on this once I read the whole book. Aw, and the price is quite high for such a small book. It has a lot less content than expected. It's not even hardcover and cost me about $40, more than I paid for Dinosaur Art!

Ah that's a shame. Thanks for the description as at least I know what to expect from it more now. I saw a few of those shrink wrapped modern animal reconstructions on the Walking with Dinosaurs website, found them really intriguing and thought provoking so I'll still end up up buying the book no doubt.

Libraraptor

Hey, FUTABA, if you need a second opinion of "All Yesterdays", I can help. I was disappointed, too. It mainly came because it was not well layouted, far too short. And it is too expensive for what it really offers. It´s a brochure, not a book. Also there were some misprints in it. After all, the ideas ar e great and so are the paintings. They really make one think and see the Mesozoic with different eyes. But it does have its flaws. Yet, I like it because it´s completely different from any other dinosaur book I have.

FUTABA

From what I've been told so far then it seems like this book didn't quite leave it's first draft stage, but I suppose it could always lead the way to a 'remastered' version with more substance. That'd be nice to see as the general theme seems like an excellent concept. Thanks for your input Libraraptor.

Bokisaurus

Impressive new additions everyone! ;D It's been slow on my end, but managed to get a few here and there ;)
[]

Libraraptor

Boki!!!! Nice to see your recent acquisitions!!!
I suppose that Ichtyosaurus used to be a painted version where the paint has rub of, right?!
As for me, I just bought a Timpo Dimetrodon.
Does anyone know anything about its value? I payed 13,50€ for it.

Concavenator

Does anyone have the CollectA Daspletosaurus ?If someone have it,could he/she post it?Thanks so much.I am interested on this figure.:)

FUTABA

Finally got round to buying March of the Dinosaurs on DVD.

Roselaar

Quote from: Juan Andrés on June 24, 2013, 01:37:20 PM
Does anyone have the CollectA Daspletosaurus ?If someone have it,could he/she post it?Thanks so much.I am interested on this figure.:)

I have it. I posted a pic of it in the 2013 Figures Thread, page 117. ;)

Concavenator

Thanks.Roselaar ;).Now I can see the figure.Like it,hopefully I'll get mine soon :)

FUTABA

Just had an Ebay binge and managed to win 5 mint condition boxed Toyway WWD figures for £64.75 (with P&P - and it'll end up being less with combined postage). Got a Stegosaurus, Postosuchus, Polacanthus, Iguanodon and Allosaurus. Worth skiving off work for ;)

I had planned on originally getting a boxed Utahraptor / Leaellynasaura with a starting bid of £6, but was outbid with mere seconds to go. Very annoyed about that but there was a silver lining as I then discovered the other listings the seller had.

Pics will follow when they arrive.

And yes, I'll be taking them out of their boxes like I did with my Ophthalmosaurus, but I'll keep the boxes safely stored in the attic.

EDIT: The new price with combined P&P is £46.50  ^-^

Invicta Hunter

I got a brown Timpo Triceratops today and it's in pretty good condition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: