News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Blackdanter on June 30, 2013, 03:53:11 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on June 30, 2013, 02:07:52 PM
Just found this AAA Mammoth and an unknown Euoplocephalus on a flea market:

The Ankylosaur is by DeAgostini. It's very similar to the ELC one but the colouring gives it away ;O)

Thanks for the info! Anything more you can give me on DeAgostini is indeed welcome. :)

FUTABA

Quote from: sauroid on June 30, 2013, 07:32:32 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on June 30, 2013, 05:20:13 PM
It is pretty awful. Looks like a kid's papier mache school project.
hehe. i remember i bought all the CollectA baby dinos at the same time but left the T. rex one out, and the store clerk said i could have it for free. i politely declined. ::)

You're either very strong willed or just really hate that little thing then. I'm not sure if I could refuse the offer of a free dinosaur toy, no matter how offensive I found it. Maybe I'm just a masochist.
I really really like blue things.

Blackdanter

Quote from: sauroid on June 30, 2013, 04:18:39 PM
@Blackdanter: do you have any more info re: DeAgostini figures?

Not much I'm afraid Sauroid. They pop up very rarely on Ebay. They were issued in Italy a few years back by DeAgostini as magazine premium type figures (like Salvat). There ought to be a lot of different figures but I've only seen around six. Some are almost certainly copies or repainted remolds of the AAA minis that were carried by ELC (ELC never actually produced their own dinos however they did commission the larger hollow plastic range that copied the Safari larger hollow plastic figures - the AAA minis were never exclusive to ELC but were repackaged into ELC branded sets as were a lot of other figures, Safari and Invicta included). I've been meaning to find some of the DeAgostini figures for a while but always forget to bid on the ones that come up on Ebay.it (nearly always the Rex) as there is always something else to get first. I don't think they are that rare (at least not in Italy), it's just that they don't seem to sell so folks don't bother listing them often. That said, shipping costs from Italy are quite high so there's not much point in buying one of these for £2 and paying £8 shipping (they only seem to come up as the odd figure). Funnily enough there are some of these on their way to me now that I purchased a couple of weeks back so I'll be able to comment further when they arrive.

sauroid

Quote from: Blackdanter on June 30, 2013, 09:18:20 PM

Not much I'm afraid Sauroid. They pop up very rarely on Ebay. They were issued in Italy a few years back by DeAgostini as magazine premium type figures (like Salvat). There ought to be a lot of different figures but I've only seen around six. Some are almost certainly copies or repainted remolds of the AAA minis that were carried by ELC (ELC never actually produced their own dinos however they did commission the larger hollow plastic range that copied the Safari larger hollow plastic figures - the AAA minis were never exclusive to ELC but were repackaged into ELC branded sets as were a lot of other figures, Safari and Invicta included). I've been meaning to find some of the DeAgostini figures for a while but always forget to bid on the ones that come up on Ebay.it (nearly always the Rex) as there is always something else to get first. I don't think they are that rare (at least not in Italy), it's just that they don't seem to sell so folks don't bother listing them often. That said, shipping costs from Italy are quite high so there's not much point in buying one of these for £2 and paying £8 shipping (they only seem to come up as the odd figure). Funnily enough there are some of these on their way to me now that I purchased a couple of weeks back so I'll be able to comment further when they arrive.
very helpful info as usual, Blackdanter. ;)
please post pics of them as soon as you're able. thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Quote from: FUTABA on June 30, 2013, 07:16:03 PM
That Pliosaur's a little cutie.

Thanks Futaba!  I really don't know if it's a Kronosaurus, but for sure it is a Pliosaur.

BTW blue is my favorite color too.  :))
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Thanks for this info, Blackdanter!  I've read somewhere that AAA and ELC are the same, except ELC was the brand name used in Europe.  Your explanation sheds more light on the issue.  I have stopped collecting AAA and ELC brands ... streamlining.

Regarding the DeAgostini figs, I've seen them many times already, but since I don't know them, I did not pick them up.  They are also made in China, I believe.

Eventhough, I'm streamlining, I'm still collecting a lot of lines. Hahahaha!  ;D

Blackdanter

Quote from: docronnie on July 01, 2013, 02:02:43 AM

Thanks for this info, Blackdanter!  I've read somewhere that AAA and ELC are the same, except ELC was the brand name used in Europe.  Your explanation sheds more light on the issue.  I have stopped collecting AAA and ELC brands ... streamlining.

Regarding the DeAgostini figs, I've seen them many times already, but since I don't know them, I did not pick them up.  They are also made in China, I believe.

Eventhough, I'm streamlining, I'm still collecting a lot of lines. Hahahaha!  ;D

Yes that's quite right. AAA and ELC are not the same brand and AAA is sold as AAA worldwide. ELC carried and repackage (or used to) lots of imported brands (AAA, Safari, Schleich, Chap Mei etc). AAA products for instance, retain the AAA brand details on the individual figures (although it's not always that obvious).

The unpainted Schleich Allo came from one of my 'finders'.

I always tell myself I'm streamling. In reality it's parking it in the loft!

Roselaar

Thanks for all the help, Blackdanter!

FUTABA

I feel like a god.

Apologies for the poor picture quality, it's difficult to take a picture like this whilst precariously balancing a laptop upside down in one hand.

In case you can't tell from the picture....

Top row (left to right):Iguanodon (European), Stegosaurus, Polacanthus.
Bottom row (left to right): Allosaurus, Postosuchus.

And before long I'm going to de-box them, but I'll bask in their glory for a little while longer before I do so.

CityRaptor

Getting those 5 probably was not cheap.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

FUTABA

£46.50 including postage.

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Oh! I've heard about these metal Dinotales. Please show some pics :)!

CityRaptor

Congratulations!
Is it wrong that those boxes make me to play some form of Metal Music on a guitar?

Quote from: FUTABA on July 02, 2013, 06:02:04 PM
£46.50 including postage.

Oh, that is rather cheap.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 02, 2013, 06:37:33 PM
Oh! I've heard about these metal Dinotales. Please show some pics :)!

At the moment this is the only other pic I have, until they are shipped to me:

I also saw the smilodon, ground sloth, and australopithecus in pewter, but I was not able to win them, and I did not think to save the pictures. They were beautiful. All the kaiyodo prehistoric pieces are wonderful but they seem to really excel at mammals.The brachiosaurus and tyrannosaurus are on ebay if you search for dkaiyodo inometal.

In addition I finally won one this beauty. 4th time's the charm:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Seijun on July 02, 2013, 08:29:18 PM

In addition I finally won one this beauty. 4th time's the charm:

How did you find it? I really want to get this rex...

Seijun

Found him on jauce, but it was not cheap. About $100 before shipping.

FUTABA

I like the idea of those Dinometal figures Seijun. Never knew Kaiyodo did such a thing.

docronnie

Congrats Futaba and Seijun on your hauls!  :)

FUTABA

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: