News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Oh my, do I want me a Brown Papo Rex. I really hope Papo will realease this one worldwide after all, like they did their previous exclusives...

FUTABA

Speaking of Favorite Soft Models.... ;)

I got the new Velociraptor! (Terrible pic I know)

I got a free postcard with it too. ^-^
I really really like blue things.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sweet ! Where did you order from ?

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Roselaar on June 30, 2013, 02:07:52 PM
Just found this AAA Mammoth and an unknown Euoplocephalus on a flea market:

Can you plase put morephotos of the anky?
I think I used to have one
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

docronnie

Excellent catch, Futaba!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on July 07, 2013, 07:21:49 AM

Can you plase put morephotos of the anky?
I think I used to have one

I didn't take any more pics, but if needs be I can make more. However, new pics would reveal little more of the figure than this one does.

FUTABA

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 07, 2013, 03:07:01 AM
Sweet ! Where did you order from ?

Got it from Ebay (UK).

I don't think the seller buys the figures in bulk though, just has the occasional Favorite. This is the second one I've bought from him, the other being the original Plesiosaurus.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/neovenator007/&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2754

Quote from: docronnie on July 07, 2013, 11:26:32 AM
Excellent catch, Futaba!  :)

Thanks. I'm very pleased as I missed the auction last time I saw one.

FUTABA

My mum went to a car boot sale yesterday and bought these 4 Invictas for a grand total of £1.

Diplodocus

Liopleurodon! ;D

Tyrannosaurus

Cetiosaurus

I already had the Tyrannosaurus and Cetiosaurus, but these ones will make for good repainting practice or something.

Luckily for me the two ones I didn't have are in really good condition and were ones I really wanted anyway. Gotta love bargains.

sauroid

very cool find FUTABA, grats

just received this Kazunari Araki Ankylosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on July 06, 2013, 01:07:02 PM
Oh my, do I want me a Brown Papo Rex. I really hope Papo will realease this one worldwide after all, like they did their previous exclusives...

I don't want to be killjoy,but Everything Dinosaur said this version wasn't intended to be a release and that they don't have plans to release it in the near future.

Nebuloid

No major new additions for me lately, just some things I could find in local shops :

Planning a big purchase next week, very excited !

docronnie

Wow! Congrats Futaba on your bargain Invictas! :) :) :)

Congrats Sauroid on your Araki Ankylo! :)

Congrats Nebuloid on your haul! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice Tyrannosaur sculpt, hope you post the pics after you have painted it.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice picture, what do you think of the Schleich Quetzalcoatlus and the wing markings?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 09, 2013, 02:34:54 PM
Nice picture, what do you think of the Schleich Quetzalcoatlus and the wing markings?
I know the question wasn't aimed at me, but I think they look like butterfly wings. Very pretty, but not entirely appropriate.

Nebuloid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 09, 2013, 02:37:55 PM
I know the question wasn't aimed at me, but I think they look like butterfly wings. Very pretty, but not entirely appropriate.

To me it looks like a thin membrane wing, like a bat or insect:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000hjQFDLe6.5A/s/880/880/AH-MG-8678.jpg
http://www.diptera.info/forum/attachments/0902.jpg

Only after I read some reviews that mentioned butterflies did I see the likeness...

Everything_Dinosaur

On the subject of the Schleich World of History Quetzalcoatlus, we thought the patterns and markings on the wings were influenced by the "Elfenwelt" replicas in the Schleich World of Fantasy model series.  This was the best explanation we could give as all other Pterosaur figures made by Schleich did not have markings like their latest Pterosaur.

sauroid

are you THE Everything Dinosaur?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 09, 2013, 02:37:55 PM

I agree, Thats one of the things that i dislike about the figure

sauroid

just got a Jaru Uintatherium

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: