You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think we're all slowing down a bit Boki.. nice haul !

docronnie

You're slowing a bit because you have plenty of figures already (Boki and Blade)?  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2013, 02:08:22 AM

I know the feeling--I remember hunting down Dinotales and such--now I'm a little jealous when I see people that are actively hunting for these little gems that I got 10 years ago. Sometimes it's more about the hunt than the catch!

I am not, however, jealous of what some of them cost now...

And no, I have no plans to get rid of them and start over ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

My newest acquisition, a very unique piece courtesy of Martin !! The pose and base are superb.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Is it the Carnegie Elasmo reposed and repainted?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like it to me..pretty cool ..same colors as Malcolm's Mureanasaurus too... :)

docronnie

Quote from: SBell on August 19, 2013, 03:38:59 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2013, 02:08:22 AM

I know the feeling--I remember hunting down Dinotales and such--now I'm a little jealous when I see people that are actively hunting for these little gems that I got 10 years ago. Sometimes it's more about the hunt than the catch!

I am not, however, jealous of what some of them cost now...

And no, I have no plans to get rid of them and start over ;D

In my case, it has always been the hunt.  Hasbro Marvel collectibles here in my country are now distributed to collectors who line up for them.  The hunting at toy stores has diminished greatly! I miss those days ... the adrenaline rush and all the mind games rolled into it.

Very beautiful model, amarga! Congrats! :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

I received my 1/25 Cryolophosaurus from Shapeways today ;D This model is by the talented Gorgonzola. The model for sale on Shapeways' site is in 1/40 scale, but I commissioned this in a 1/25 size so that it would fit in with my Carnegie Cryo.

I had a bit of a fiasco with this model, but I'm very happy to own it. I had to wait a long time for the printing process (about two weeks) and then I received an email from Shapeways telling me that the toe had been broken off. So I requested a reprint, and a few days later I received a new model.

If you're curious, here is a photo that Shapeways sent me of the broken rejected model

postsaurischian

> amargasaurus cazaui:D What a beautiful upgrade of the Carnegie Elasmosaurus!

> tyrantqueen: Great idea with the 1:25 Cryolophosaurus. It looks so elegant :)! Good that you got a reprint. Hope to show mine soon.

sepp

TQ, the Cryo is beautiful! What material did you order it in?

tyrantqueen

Thanks Postsaurischian and Sepp. It was ordered in White Strong and Flexible.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..was it expensive in 1:25 ?  Looks awesome..you know I love larger pieces.. lol

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 20, 2013, 04:01:20 AM
Wow..was it expensive in 1:25 ?  Looks awesome..you know I love larger pieces.. lol
I think it was 22 euros or so. Not too bad.

postsaurischian

Cool! I wonder what Gorgonzola is doing to keep the prices low (the differences between his prices and others' are noticeable).
He should tell the trick to the other designers ;D!

Goldensamuel

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 20, 2013, 04:52:43 AM
It goes very well with that carnegie crylo, are they going to be friends? :P

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 20, 2013, 05:02:38 AM
Yeah! They could be a mated pair. Like the Cryolophosaurus couple in Dinosaur Revolution

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 20, 2013, 05:05:29 AM
Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 20, 2013, 05:02:38 AM
Yeah! They could be a mated pair. Like the Cryolophosaurus couple in Dinosaur Revolution

Time to paint ! lol

docronnie

EmperorDinobot

I got a nice Batrachotomus from Bullyland at a Goodwill store that is in excellent condition.

Aaaanyone want it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: