You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 23, 2013, 10:18:11 AM
I got a nice Batrachotomus from Bullyland at a Goodwill store that is in excellent condition.

Aaaanyone want it?

Congratulations for this figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Libraraptor

EmperorDinobot

Oi oi oi.

Should I keep it or should I sell it? I REALLY have no space for it, but I don't have too many rauisuchids either.

Yutyrannus

I just got the Schleich Griffon Vulture.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Goldensamuel

I picked up this schleich saichania at walmart, some of his paint had already rubbed off though!  :(

Takama

Quote from: Goldensamuel on August 24, 2013, 01:25:34 AM
I picked up this schleich saichania at walmart, some of his paint had already rubbed off though!  :(

never expect  to get a crisp and clean model at walmart. Kids like to bang around the models, scatching them up. and sometimes dropping them, and the parents and employees don't give a hoot.    Heck Every single Apatoesaurus at my local walmart has a paint rub on there heads ::), its ridiculous

Gwangi

Well, kids are the target demographic for these things...which I suppose is easy to forget sometimes. Basically anywhere that sells these things outside of their packaging is likely to have a few with paint rubs.

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 24, 2013, 12:16:37 AM
Oi oi oi.

Should I keep it or should I sell it? I REALLY have no space for it, but I don't have too many rauisuchids either.

You should keep it, because it is awesome. And because I am pretty sure that NOBODY will ever make that species again.

docronnie

Here in my country, most Schleich figures have paint rubs or scratches.  :(
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on August 24, 2013, 05:14:22 AM
Oi oi oi.

You should keep it, because it is awesome. And because I am pretty sure that NOBODY will ever make that species again.

I would keep it for all those same reasons, it is a very unique figure. It took me some time to track one down myself. I've seen your collection Dinobot and notice you have some doubles on display together. Is there any particular reason you don't just pack away your doubles?

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Gwangi on August 24, 2013, 10:11:36 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 24, 2013, 05:14:22 AM
Oi oi oi.

I would keep it for all those same reasons, it is a very unique figure. It took me some time to track one down myself. I've seen your collection Dinobot and notice you have some doubles on display together. Is there any particular reason you don't just pack away your doubles?

Because as Dr. Grant said "They live in herds, they DO live in herds!"

I don't pack away stuff because it makes me feel like a hoarder.

And a lot of those I bought in lots precisely to sell. But before they are sold, they do make kick butt pictures! Nobody has 4 JP Carnotauruses and 4 TLW Carnotauruses all at the same place at the same time!

I'm keeping Batrachotomus. The decision is final and I am signing adoption papers today.

sauroid

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 24, 2013, 09:13:08 PM

I'm keeping Batrachotomus. The decision is final and I am signing adoption papers today.

good decision. i have two and im holding on to them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I just ordered Mark Witton's pterosaur book from Amazon..I will post pics when it arrives.

Roselaar

Just got back from vacation and got me some new prehistoric critters:

Found this Carnegie Australopithecus at a second hand store. Some paint wear but otherwise in good condition. Base says it's male, so I suppose that's the truth of the matter.

I bought 23 more DinoZ. True, I already have a complete set, but they're so insanely cheap I couldn't resist. I can always try and sell/trade them, it worked well the first time when I traded some for Yowies.

And here they are! My first Yowies. I absolutely adore them! Not as detailed as Kaiyodos, but very collectable, a wide range of species, decent paint jobs and just overall good fun. Hope to get more of these soon.

I also got thos ROM Primeval Predators set in the mail this week. Excellent set! Much bigger figures than I anticipated. But boy, are they handsome.

The ROM package also included these four figures. Two tiny little Safarisaurs, and two whatchamacallitsaurs. Neat-o! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score !

Would you believe on a recent trip I saw the good luck minis for .99 each ? 

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 26, 2013, 03:54:22 PM
Nice score !

Is that expensive? I don't know how much they usually cost.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on August 26, 2013, 05:12:07 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 26, 2013, 03:54:22 PM
Nice score !

Is that expensive? I don't know how much they usually cost.

I'm not sure..seemed high to me. Something this size I'd sell for about a quarter I think.

I looked it up, TGF sells them for .44 each , some on Amazon have 24 for 4.99 and .1 each . Looks like Safari sells 192 of them for 97.99 ...so 0.5 something each ?  Those guys selling them for .99 were making a nice profit on them that's for sure. ;)

sauroid

awesome new ones Roselaar

just got these
Play Visions Plesiosaur

Play Visions Mixosaurus

Play Visions Placodus

Moropus (2")

Disga baby Parasaurolophus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bokisaurus

Got this beautiful pterosaur book  :) Great read and beautiful illustrations, a nice companion to GSP dinosaur book  ;)

Highly recommend it to anyone who like pterosaurs ^-^

sepp

I got some new dinosaurs for the first time in over a year, I've really really been slacking :(

This week I got the Safari Diabloceratops, which is absolutely beautiful! The Carnegie Concavenator which is a lovely sculpt, but the paint job leaves something to be desired...
Also I got the new Favourite Allosaurus and Spinosaurus, and they are gorgeous! Definitely some of the coolest dinos I have. Really happy there.

On the way are the new Kaiyodo Yutyrannus and featherless Tyrannosaurus! I'm so excited!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: