You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Wonderful ultimate Gorgon, one of my list of futures acquistions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

verinnius

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2013, 11:15:21 AM
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Verennius, if you're curious about the Tyrannosaurus book, I would say it's a very interesting read, but especially if you're a serious Tyrannosaurus or theropod fan (it's not too technical either). Maybe I'll write a review on my book thread (and of the other titles too).

Thank you the info!  I'm definitely going to pick up a copy now.

FUTABA

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 07, 2013, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 07, 2013, 08:31:57 PM
The Ult. Gorgon looks really cool..probably my " must-have " from the whole line.  Hopefully they will produce a Pachy to match him.

I hope so, because now there is no adult Patchi toy!

There is an adult Patchi toy, just no 'Ultimate' version, which is silly seeing as he's the main character. Seems they just chose to make a giant version of the Gorgosaurus because big meat eating theropods appeal the most to kids. It's a shame really. A giant Ceratopsian would be a welcome novelty in the dino toy scene and would make a more affordable alternative than the 1:15 scale CollectA Triceratops.
I really really like blue things.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: FUTABA on November 09, 2013, 11:57:40 AM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 07, 2013, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 07, 2013, 08:31:57 PM
The Ult. Gorgon looks really cool..probably my " must-have " from the whole line.  Hopefully they will produce a Pachy to match him.

I hope so, because now there is no adult Patchi toy!

There is an adult Patchi toy, just no 'Ultimate' version, which is silly seeing as he's the main character. Seems they just chose to make a giant version of the Gorgosaurus because big meat eating theropods appeal the most to kids. It's a shame really. A giant Ceratopsian would be a welcome novelty in the dino toy scene and would make a more affordable alternative than the 1:15 scale CollectA Triceratops.

You mean the "talking" one? It is not adult, ad you can see from the horns missing...

FUTABA

Ah yeah. Maybe sub-adult then.

FUTABA

Plus I forgot they do have a Giant version of Patchi but it's er, not quite in the same league as the Ultimate Gorgon...

tyrantqueen

Nice aquisitions, Futaba. Is the "man" you're referring to the blue deinonynchus? Otherwise, I'd be a bit surprised you didn't get it in blue >:D

Speaking of blue, did you get bored with your blue hair colour? I used to dye my hair too (albeit a more natural colour), but got sick of having to re-dye it every time my roots showed.

SBell

Just found WwD3D figures at TRU and got both tubes (acrylic window boxes with 6 figures). They have the rest of the figures as well, but I didn't pick those up.

So we now know that the figures are here in Canada! In the small city of Lethbridge, no less.

We also picked up the huge Playmobil T-rex volcano set at TRU. They are on mega sale right now, totally worth it. But it's for the kids' birthday or Xmas or something.

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2013, 03:32:01 PM
Nice aquisitions, Futaba. Is the "man" you're referring to the blue deinonynchus? Otherwise, I'd be a bit surprised you didn't get it in blue >:D

Speaking of blue, did you get bored with your blue hair colour? I used to dye my hair too (albeit a more natural colour), but got sick of having to re-dye it every time my roots showed.

Yeah it's the blue one.  ^-^  Had him a few months now. I'd been meaning to get the brown one for a while but procrastinated a lot.

I didn't get bored with blue hair so much, it's just a lot of hassle having to go back to the hairdressers to get it pre-bleached first. I really don't like going. It's just more convenient dying it black. Going for the Microraptor look. :P (Doesn't show up as much on the webcam though).

And yeah it does get bothersome having to get the roots done over and over.

Also the regular cries of 'gayboy' etc whenever I'd set foot outside the house didn't exactly help.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: FUTABA on November 10, 2013, 05:16:56 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2013, 03:32:01 PM

Yeah it's the blue one.  ^-^  Had him a few months now. I'd been meaning to get the brown one for a while but procrastinated a lot.

I didn't get bored with blue hair so much, it's just a lot of hassle having to go back to the hairdressers to get it pre-bleached first. I really don't like going. It's just more convenient dying it black. Going for the Microraptor look. :P (Doesn't show up as much on the webcam though).

And yeah it does get bothersome having to get the roots done over and over.

Also the regular cries of 'gayboy' etc whenever I'd set foot outside the house didn't exactly help.

Sorry to hear that :( If it helps, I was picked on in school and around the neighbourhood too. I hate the herd mentality of so many people these days. I think it's very admirable that you're not afraid to be yourself in a world where being different is frowned upon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 10, 2013, 01:06:49 PM
....... I hate the herd mentality of so many people these days.

Believe me - it was worse in the past :(!   ... especially we Germans (should) know about this.
Today the people in some regions of the world are more tolerant than ever before.
       ....... but it's still not enough, I agree.

Simon

The big blue Gorgon definitely looks like the best dinosaur toy I've seen in a long time (since JP II to be exact) ...

Bokisaurus

;D Ah, got a few figures to break the dry spell a bit ;)
The lovely Papo Dimentro, simply beautifully crafted figure.

Um, the two bad cats from Bully >:D Why oh why do they have to make their eye, um, looks so stupid?
[
And some mini figures ;D
[]

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Nice Acquisitions, Boki! (especially the Dimetrodon)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Zelan

My kaiyodo ceratopsians arrived:

The papo dimetrodon was finally available in Canada and I couldn't resist picking up the sideshow velociraptor vs protoceratops when I saw it at a fairly decent price. Good thing for my wallet it's not as insanely expensive as some of the other pieces like allosaurus vs camarasaurus.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

You got the raptor vs. protoceratops Sideshow piece?!! But...but...
Life's not fair.  >:( ;)
At any rate, I congratulate you (begrudgingly, but I congratulate you nonetheless ;) ).
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

sauroid

some new ones
takara TOMY arts Triceratops horridus

Invicta wooly mammoth

AAA Edmontosaurus (not accurate but i love this figure)

Colorata Triceratops

my umpteenth Sega Dino King Triceratops in 2 color var.

my second Toy Major baby T.rex and AAA Triceratops

1997 JP T. rex

some awesome Kaiju figures
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Cool stuff, Sauroid. Did you buy them in one big splurge, or buy them separately over a longer period of time, and then post them all together?

sauroid

thanks TQ. i got them separately within one month, and just posted them here together.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

I thought that AAA Edmontosaurus was really an Iguanodon  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: