News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

Toys R Us had a massive sale on Schleich today, so I picked up a T-Rex and Triceratops.

That hat might not have come with the T-Rex.

Alexxitator

Yes, got both models too. It's only the models they are making recently that pique my interest. Almost all old Schleich stuff has the meh-effect on me...
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Roselaar

How massive a sale did they have on Schleich? I never see it on clearance in stores here.

Ridureyu

Buy one, get one 40% off.

Cammy

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but I've been in such a dinosaur mood lately that I decided to join the forum and share my current collection with you guys since I really don't know anyone else who cares about this kind of stuff.

So I gathered most of my recent acquisitions together around my computer and took a photo. This is actually from a week or so ago, and I've bought more dino stuff since then, but was a little slack with posting the initial photo because I'm a little shy.

Alexxitator

Quote from: Cammy on August 02, 2014, 08:18:33 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here, but I've been in such a dinosaur mood lately that I decided to join the forum and share my current collection with you guys since I really don't know anyone else who cares about this kind of stuff.

So I gathered most of my recent acquisitions together around my computer and took a photo. This is actually from a week or so ago, and I've bought more dino stuff since then, but was a little slack with posting the initial photo because I'm a little shy.

Heya Cammy!

My that's an ancient computer you have there! Haven't seen a mouse like that in ages.
Welcome!

Bought myself these two:

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

DinoToyForum

Is that a cast of a mesosaur?

Alexxitator

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 02, 2014, 08:51:49 PM
Is that a cast of a mesosaur?

Yup! Mesosaurus Brasiliensis. Got it from Ebay, a guy in France.
-Charles Darwin-

tyrantqueen

QuoteMy that's an ancient computer you have there! Haven't seen a mouse like that in ages.Welcome!
Not just any computer..it's a Commodore, a computer that is most definitely more than meets the eye >:D

Double reference for the win.

sauroid

hi Cammy. welcome to the DTF. those are awesome new acquisitions. (love the keyboard/mouse too). :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Someone here asked, and since the technology exists:

Here is a comparison of the new CollectA mosasaur with the Rhomaeleosaurus. I considered including the original tylosaur but no. Just no.

There similar in size, both fairly modern reconstructions--but I'll be selling the Mosasaurus in my store (eventually--still need to update it) for $7.99. When I had the Rhoms at a store, they were about $25 because they were in the deluxe line.

Personally, I think it's awesome that deluxe quality can be purchased at 'standard' figure prices now. The major difference is the lack of specific scale.

Oh, and here's the other new dinos:

And other new CollectAs:

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

docronnie

Quote from: Ridureyu on August 02, 2014, 08:08:49 PM
Buy one, get one 40% off.

I have those too. The only ones I bought at SRP.  Lucky you, Congrats! :)

The triceratops was my first dino figure.  Beautiful figure IMO, but it has some flaws as some members mentioned before.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Ridureyu

Yeah, I know it does, but it's all right.  These figures have flaws that we know are flaws - but imagine how terrible even our accurate figures could look in another decade or two when we discover new stuff.  Take COllectA's beautiful Xenoceratops, for exaple - the color (well, monochrome) is gorgeous.  If we were to find a frozen Xenoceratops in a glacier somewhere and it turned out that it was covered in blue fur, I would still consider the zebra-striped toy to be a nice work of art.  Enjoy the ride, enjoy the toys while you can, and reognize that, even though we learn more every day, we are still pretty ignorant about the far past.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ridureyu on August 03, 2014, 05:48:48 AM
Yeah, I know it does, but it's all right.  These figures have flaws that we know are flaws - but imagine how terrible even our accurate figures could look in another decade or two when we discover new stuff.  Take COllectA's beautiful Xenoceratops, for exaple - the color (well, monochrome) is gorgeous.  If we were to find a frozen Xenoceratops in a glacier somewhere and it turned out that it was covered in blue fur, I would still consider the zebra-striped toy to be a nice work of art.  Enjoy the ride, enjoy the toys while you can, and reognize that, even though we learn more every day, we are still pretty ignorant about the far past.
I consider such an event to be highly unlikely, but I do appreciate what you're saying nonetheless, and agree with the point behind it.

docronnie

In Medicine, a professor told us "What maybe true today, may not be true tomorrow. "  Well, in practice, it does happen. Everything seems to be changing constantly.

docronnie

Pentaceratops

Happinet

Kabaya Dinoworld Set 2 Deinonychus - a gift from my friend, Dr. Jess (Thanks Jess!)

TFL!  :)

Ridureyu

Fair note, I don't really think that we will literally find blue fizzy ceratopsians frozen in ice.  That as just an illustration of something that would change our picture of a dinosaur instantly.

Anyway, I got another of Unimax's not-quite-dinosaurs, the Ram Rex.

Here he is with his master (and the wrong harness, though it fits his body type)

Here he is headbutting the other made-up therapod.

Blackdanter

Easily the best figure I've acquired in recent weeks  ;D

Nebuloid

The latest addition to my desktop model shelf:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: