News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

QuoteI'm surprised you haven;t ordered one of these beautilful sets yet, Dr. Admin! It seems to be right up your alley. ;)

I take it you also appreciate the marine reptile I acquired today, if not the other creatures pictured:

Ordered and in the mail! Still need to acquire the CollectA mosasaur...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Quendrega on August 14, 2014, 03:28:51 AM

I honestly did not intend to buy anything when I went to Target, but it didn't look like anyone had bought any of the dinosaurs yet, and I couldn't just leave them all there looking unloved and with me feeling guilty for not making a contribution to the awesomeness that is the return of the Battat dinosaur line, so i got one!

I know what you mean! It is almost a duty!  :))

stargatedalek

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 14, 2014, 07:44:51 AM
I've been wanting to get into those Playmobil dinos for a looong time, especially want the Brachiosaurus.
most (not sure on the brachiosaurus) can be purchased on the direct service line from Playmobil without buying a whole kit ;)

Bokisaurus

Joining in on the new Battat craze  ;D

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 12:31:40 PM
I've been wanting to get into those Playmobil dinos for a looong time, especially want the Brachiosaurus.
most (not sure on the brachiosaurus) can be purchased on the direct service line from Playmobil without buying a whole kit ;)

It changes all the time. Currently, the only one available to the US is the Spinosaurus.

loru1588

Quote from: Quendrega on August 14, 2014, 03:28:51 AM
So both of my newest additions are Battats! They are also my first Battats!

I honestly did not intend to buy anything when I went to Target, but it didn't look like anyone had bought any of the dinosaurs yet, and I couldn't just leave them all there looking unloved and with me feeling guilty for not making a contribution to the awesomeness that is the return of the Battat dinosaur line, so I got one! I like how they both have the same wavy pattern on their tails!

Did you get the Amargasaurus at Target?

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 12:31:40 PM

Yeah I know...shame.

Anywho my newest:

Very happy with the Carnage Velociraptor, aside from the obvious defects it possesses. He also has a hard time standing up.

Cammy

I had to get another WWD3D Gorgosaurus before Toys R Us closed down, at $35 (down from $50) it's too good of a figure not to grab a backup of! I also grabbed these massive Chap Mei Dino Valley sets, one in the new generic Kmart packaging which I opened, and the nice Dino Valley one for backup. I also got some more WWD3D figures and two more dinosaur books, and my very first Blu-rays (3D ones, too) which were on a buy 2 get one free deal. Now I just need the hardware to watch them!

Alexxitator

Quote from: Cammy on August 15, 2014, 09:58:32 AM
I had to get another WWD3D Gorgosaurus before Toys R Us closed down, at $35 (down from $50) it's too good of a figure not to grab a backup of! I also grabbed these massive Chap Mei Dino Valley sets, one in the new generic Kmart packaging which I opened, and the nice Dino Valley one for backup. I also got some more WWD3D figures and two more dinosaur books, and my very first Blu-rays (3D ones, too) which were on a buy 2 get one free deal. Now I just need the hardware to watch them!

Lookee! Someone's been busy! A prober BD player would be very useful yea  8) Very nice posts here this last week. Was away for holidays and when I came home quite a few pieces were awaiting me  ^-^

They are clearly not ordened chronologically ;)

Each and every piece is very much to my liking this time!.
The Geoworld Spino is very pretty. Especially considering I only paid €7,- for it.
Ichthyovenator is my absolute favorite in the bunch. But with me you cannot go wrong with anything Spino-ish-y  ;D

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Raptoress

Birthday presents for my 18th. :)

Alexxitator

Quote from: Raptoress on August 15, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

Ahh very nice pieces all of em. Am the proud owner of these too.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Quen

Quote from: loru1588 on August 15, 2014, 06:35:43 AM
Did you get the Amargasaurus at Target?

No, I got the Amargasaurus from Ebay. It's the original, almost 20 years old, version. I got it the day before we, here on the forum, learned about the new Battat releases, and I hadn't taken a picture of it, yet. I did not see any of the original set in Target, just the four new releases that others here have reported seeing. Sorry for the confusion!

They are all excellent sculpts, by the way! :D

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

that sounds cool, what brand is it? can you show some pics?

Raptoress

Quote from: Alexxitator on August 15, 2014, 03:40:35 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on August 15, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

Ahh very nice pieces all of em. Am the proud owner of these too.

Thank you. :) I really like them.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 15, 2014, 09:35:22 PM
that sounds cool, what brand is it? can you show some pics?

Its from the pre Cambrian set. Sure i can.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Alexxitator

Is it just me or have all the pictures I posted in my previous post disappeared in the Twisting Nether?
-Charles Darwin-

Cammy

It's not just you, none of your pics show up for me either. :(

Hynerpeton

@cammy are those Blu-ray Disc? Cause i have a player. If so i will need to em myself. :D
Walking With Monsers:

SBell

Okay, so not Battat dinos yet because Canada!

But I did get a more rare bunch of dinos:

It's hard to believe, given that I have so many Kaiyodo dinos, that I never managed to get hold of any of the the retro dino set, but I managed to fix that. Some were ones I wanted--the marine reptiles, the pterosaur, the wacky Hypsilophodon. Others--the allosaurus, and really most of the others that weren't doubles, were just part of the lot. For some reason, they are all glued in place, which is why it's amazing that only one of them--the grey plesiosaur--broke. Which is why it is now in an aquatales bottlecap, because it fits (not like current ones, where the pegs are all made with special, different notches for each figure).

I would have like to get the really retro Iguanodon, but of course there were none on auction until after I had my orders sent from Japan. Not a huge thing.

Not sure what my plan is with the doubles yet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: