You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: suspsy on July 14, 2015, 03:26:52 PM
I don't think people should be making such requests. It's one thing for a toy company to offer you a gift out of their own volition and generosity. But asking them directly for something, well, that's like inviting yourself to a party.

Emm so collecta choosing random people to share their figure ?

Concavenator

I don't think people should be making such requests. It's one thing for a toy company to offer you a gift out of their own volition and generosity. But asking them directly for something, well, that's like inviting yourself to a party.
I don't think that comparison makes sense.One of the things I included when suggesting 'the new Spinosaurus' is that it's exciting enough that it'd probably sell well.As a collector,I wanted to have an updated Spinosaurua but,at the end of the day,the company itself would be the real interested ones because they receive the money.Now that the Spinosaurus will be released,it will sell a lot better than the previous models.Both collector and company are grateful to each other.And CollectA is such an amazing brand!  :D They are quite kind.

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on July 15, 2015, 12:12:36 AM
I don't think that comparison makes sense.One of the things I included when suggesting 'the new Spinosaurus' is that it's exciting enough that it'd probably sell well.As a collector,I wanted to have an updated Spinosaurua but,at the end of the day,the company itself would be the real interested ones because they receive the money.Now that the Spinosaurus will be released,it will sell a lot better than the previous models.Both collector and company are grateful to each other.And CollectA is such an amazing brand!  :D They are quite kind.

I think he meant more as, requesting a figure from the company. Every company takes product requests, they just don't always acknowledge the person that did it.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on July 13, 2015, 03:51:48 PM
Tea Rex! ;)

Lovely new feathered friend you got there! I understand why CollectA opted for the base on this last minute; there is nothing more frustrating to have a nicely sculpted and proportioned figure that can't stand. I bet it can perfectly balance on those feet ( with the help of the claws), but is not stable, just like their first version of the T-rex with prey. I don't have problems with the base, rather have that than a figure that can't really stand up. Heck, even some of my tripod Carnegie figures like the Giga and Spino had problems with the legs warping out and falling over! >:(

suspsy

Some more new CollectAs: Daeodon, Rajasaurus, and Smilodon.

And no, the Daeodon isn't trying to eat the Rajasaurus. He's helping him stand up. This is why bases are a good idea. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

The Daeodon is helping the Rajasaurus?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tallin

I went on a Carnegie binge lately, and have racked up these beauties over the last few months. I also managed to fine the lovely Safari Kentro at a local palaeoart gallery in Lyme Regis, so am super happy with that! Also here is the wonderful Palaeoplushies Velociraptor, whom I am totally in love with. She's so lovely and full of character, and I shall be writing a review of her on the blog shortly!

Paleona

Lots of great gets, Tallin!  Palaeoplushies' Velociraptor is on my wish list, too- what a cutie!  Looking forward to the review.  :)

Arul

Yesss i love carnegie tylo very much your figure paint job looking good not like mind (on the teeth). Need about almost a year for me to get that figure, its outdated but for me still best marine reptile figure ever. Congrats Tallin  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on July 13, 2015, 03:51:48 PM
Tea Rex! ;)

Handsome T-rex. I didn't know it came with a base...

stargatedalek

I got really lucky at Value Village today. A JPS1 velociraptor, even with most of its claws chipped, is still a JPS1 velociraptor ;) It was in a grab bag with a WWD3D theater cup top pachyrhinosaurus (not pictured) and a generic grey monster thing (which was quick in line for next years flea market season).

I've seen these strange little electronic birds around TRU, but they mysteriously disappeared from the animals section (I never actually thought to check the young girls section, I only ever check animals and action figures :P ). Its not the sort of art style I'm really drawn to, but for $1 I couldn't pass it up. But I swear, that is the single most ominous thing I have ever heard. I feel like its about to explode or maybe hijack a spaceship. I have a video of its terrifying sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hn9_TFt8Bc&feature=youtu.be

And by far the most exciting find, a far from mint JPS1 Young Rex! And I didn't have to buy any huge bags of chinasaurs alongside it :P

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on July 15, 2015, 07:20:34 PM
Some more new CollectAs: Daeodon, Rajasaurus, and Smilodon.

And no, the Daeodon isn't trying to eat the Rajasaurus. He's helping him stand up. This is why bases are a good idea. :(

Where did you get those from?

WHich reminds me--I heard today that my CollectA order is on its way!

joossa

Great additions, Tallin! The Cryolophosaurus is simply one of my favorite models. Lucky that you found the Diplodocus too! :)

stargatedalek, that bird is very strange indeed!

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Beautiful pics, Tallin! Congrats to all... nice nabs!

Jetoar

Nice acquistions  ^-^. Tomorrow is my birthday and today I have received some acquisitions  :)).

Another Beast Wars figure for my collection  :)).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Jetoar

You are welcome friend  ^-^!!!!.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

docronnie

Congrats Jetoar and Happy Birthday as well!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: