You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Both are kits. This is the juvenile:

CityRaptor

If I had a kit like that, I would spend the extra money to have it professionally painted.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

It's already on its way to Martin ;).

CityRaptor

And in a few weeks or months ( I have no idea how fast Martin works and how long shipping will take ), it will be presented in the Beautiful Dinosaur Mix. Looking forward to it.
Oh no

JurassicGeek09

My CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus arrived today!!! It looks so awesome in person. The lower jaw is weird though; it opens too wide.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on March 10, 2016, 10:15:20 PM
My CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus arrived today!!! It looks so awesome in person. The lower jaw is weird though; it opens too wide.

Not necessarily, Spinosaurids were capable of opening their jaws almost 90 degrees, as well as expanding the width of their lower jaw.
I am the Dinosaur King!

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 11, 2016, 04:30:48 AM

Not necessarily, Spinosaurids were capable of opening their jaws almost 90 degrees, as well as expanding the width of their lower jaw.

Indeed? I just thought it was shoddy design :p
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

SBell

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on March 11, 2016, 08:09:00 PM

Many reptile skulls and jaws are a little more 'flexible' than in mammals. Some more more than others of course.

CityRaptor

I guess having all those extra jaw bones ( which make up the inner ear in mammals ) helps.
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 11, 2016, 09:48:33 PM
I guess having all those extra jaw bones ( which make up the inner ear in mammals ) helps.

That is why, yes.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on March 11, 2016, 08:09:00 PM

Not shoddy design at all, Spinosaurids, as well as other theropods were capable of opening their jaws extremely wide, up to 90 degrees at the most. And like I said, spinosaurids could expand the width of their jaws as well.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

and some reptiles can even unhinge their jaw to swallow an extra big prey.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 12, 2016, 06:09:14 AM
Not shoddy design at all, Spinosaurids, as well as other theropods were capable of opening their jaws extremely wide, up to 90 degrees at the most. And like I said, spinosaurids could expand the width of their jaws as well.

And won't post a pic for it, but as a certain Vulcan science officer is fond of saying, "Fascinating."
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Libraraptor

March 13th, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "RECENT ACQUISITIONS" THREAD!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sauroid on March 12, 2016, 07:26:09 AM

Lets not get all "Indominus" in this thread, the only reason Indominus was able to unhinge her jaws was because she had snake DNA. We don't know if real dinosaurs could unhinge their jaws yet... they are closer to birds after all, and you don't see birds unhinging their jaws.
I am the Dinosaur King!

SBell

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 13, 2016, 01:40:10 AM

Lets not get all "Indominus" in this thread, the only reason Indominus was able to unhinge her jaws was because she had snake DNA. We don't know if real dinosaurs could unhinge their jaws yet... they are closer to birds after all, and you don't see birds unhinging their jaws.

Using CT scans and 3D modeling, I know that T. rex has been studied and shown to have a fairly mobile skull--opening the jaw caused the jaw to widen, while the maxilla also expanded and shortened (gives wider bite and probably some sort of mechanical advantage, since a short, stout mouth will provdie more power tha a long, narrow one). I am thinking that many theropods had similar adaptations. Snakes are just excessive because of their specialized morphology (and were never mentioned in JW--just T.rex, Velociraptor, frogs and cuttlefish--unless I missed something. And I never count 'outside sources'--movies have to stand on their own).

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: SBell on March 13, 2016, 03:10:20 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 13, 2016, 01:40:10 AM

Using CT scans and 3D modeling, I know that T. rex has been studied and shown to have a fairly mobile skull--opening the jaw caused the jaw to widen, while the maxilla also expanded and shortened (gives wider bite and probably some sort of mechanical advantage, since a short, stout mouth will provdie more power tha a long, narrow one). I am thinking that many theropods had similar adaptations. Snakes are just excessive because of their specialized morphology (and were never mentioned in JW--just T.rex, Velociraptor, frogs and cuttlefish--unless I missed something. And I never count 'outside sources'--movies have to stand on their own).

Well the JW website made for the movie said what is in her DNA: Tyrannosaurus, Raptor, Giganotosaurus, Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus, Cuttlefish, a species of Tree Frog, Death Adder, and Rugops.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Talyn

I'd just like to post a couple of pictures (hopefully correctly) of my most recent arrival.  I always liked the previous examples shown on this site (I think there has been 3 so far that I've seen) so when I spotted him on Urzeitshop I just couldn't resist.  The fact he's even better in person than in the photos is just the icing on the cake.  ^-^

I only wish I knew how many there where.  Given they're hand-painted by the maker there can't be that many wandering around and he's the only one I've seen in this colour scheme.  Now if only a version of the Eryops would show up again.  :)

Talyn

RobinGoodfellow

@ Talyn: if you want the Vitali Klatt Eryops, you can simply buy it at Urzeitshop ( http://www.urzeitshop.de/von-vitali-klatt/2460-eryops-bausatz-amphibie.html ) asking to the shop to send the kit to Martin Garratt to assemble and paint it, as they did with the Eryops in my collection ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157661032161935 ).

:)

Blade-of-the-Moon

AVON Shampoo bottle dinos

the original hatching dinosaur eggs, i bought tons of these as a kid. warm water and the egg dissolves letting a foam dinosaur hatch out!

Australovenator figure by The Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum of Natural History, a beautiful and detailed figure!

Iguanodon sculpted by Shane Foulkes and painted/built by Brandon Demoss.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: