You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I see the Iguanodon had an encounter with a barbed-wire fence!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 14, 2016, 04:29:47 AM
I see the Iguanodon had an encounter with a barbed-wire fence!

Two of em'! lol

Archinto

Wow those Avon bottles are bigger than I thought. I had been eyeing some lately... Very cool.

And that Iguanadon.... Daaaaang that is awesome! Makes me want to make a larger dinosaur sculpture. :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archinto on March 14, 2016, 04:40:31 AM
Wow those Avon bottles are bigger than I thought. I had been eyeing some lately... Very cool.

And that Iguanadon.... Daaaaang that is awesome! Makes me want to make a larger dinosaur sculpture. :)

It's funny, when I was little I found the head of a Rex bottle in an old barn, never knew what it was from til I found these.   I'm not even sure how I got them..well not for 4.00 anyway.  I recommend them for retro-dino lovers. ;)

lol  I'd love to see that.  Have you ever tried any 1:1 pieces?

Archinto

Not yet. Id have to try something small for starts. Might use some of my ship skills and mix up some seam concrete and make a sculpture. The stuff hardens and looks jadelike after it cures.

Are the bodies of those bottles plastic or glass?
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Libraraptor

I really like those monochrome shampoo bottles!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archinto on March 14, 2016, 06:33:54 AM
Not yet. Id have to try something small for starts. Might use some of my ship skills and mix up some seam concrete and make a sculpture. The stuff hardens and looks jadelike after it cures.

Are the bodies of those bottles plastic or glass?

heh, well you know I'm impressed with your work so far, if you'd like perhaps we can come up with something for the Park here.  Shoot me a pm if interested. :)

The bodies plastic while the heads are a harder rubber.

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 14, 2016, 06:48:47 AM
I really like those monochrome shampoo bottles!

I'm a bit surprised AVON made something this cool, my aunt's sold it for years and I'd never heard of them.

amargasaurus cazaui

likely because those avon bottles were circa mid 70's early 80's.....avon also did a massive line of vintage cars, that opened to have an inside filled with cologne, aftershave etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 14, 2016, 01:03:02 PM
likely because those avon bottles were circa mid 70's early 80's.....avon also did a massive line of vintage cars, that opened to have an inside filled with cologne, aftershave etc.

70's might be, I think she was selling in the 80's around when I was born. Normally she tells me everything but she didn't recognize these.  Those were all glass weren't they? I've seen a pirate gun, a lighthouse, and some others things they made that were glass with plastic accents.

stoneage

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2016, 04:01:47 PM

70's might be, I think she was selling in the 80's around when I was born. Normally she tells me everything but she didn't recognize these.  Those were all glass weren't they? I've seen a pirate gun, a lighthouse, and some others things they made that were glass with plastic accents.

The Shampoo bottles remind me of the Sinclair Worlds Fair figures.

Libraraptor

Quote from: stoneage on March 14, 2016, 05:13:46 PM

That is one reason I like them so much ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 14, 2016, 08:26:36 PM
Quote from: stoneage on March 14, 2016, 05:13:46 PM

That is one reason I like them so much ^-^

They do have that vibe, especially the brontosaur.  The Rex is classic Zallinger mural...not sure about the Trike but it looks familiar.

AcroSauroTaurus

I got the beautiful Safari Sauropelta today!

I am the Dinosaur King!

suspsy

A friend and I are shopping across the border in Watertown, NY. My hopes have been fulfilled! :D

I already have a T. rex, but the pupils weren't painted. I reckon I'll give the old one to my friend's kid.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

just got these
Kentrosaurus, yowies lystrosaurus, chap mei amargasaurus, Safari sarcosuchus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2016, 04:00:25 AM

:o Gulp! These giant ornithopods are stunning!
....... and I love Niroot's Allosaurus comic strip :).

Quote from: suspsy on March 15, 2016, 02:33:37 PM

The Tyrannosaurus' standing seems to be much better than with the first wave :-\.

Quote from: sauroid on March 17, 2016, 12:34:42 PM

:D Love the Yujin fighting Kentrosaurus!

AcroSauroTaurus

Where can I get that awesome Kentrosaurus?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dinomike

Congrats everyone on your new acquisitions!  Here's what I got today! The new Papo Baryonyx actually stands really well on its hind legs. And IMHO the pose is really good especially from the front. The only downside is the somewhat glossy finish on the figure. Nonetheless totally love this creature!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Got myself a Papyonyx as well, it seems to be all the rage.

Mine can't stand on its legs though. It's in typical tri-pod mode. :-/

Libraraptor

Are its arms moveable? I don´t like the pose. Gives me nothing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: