You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

looks like it's pointing at a stuck fish bone on its throat. but i might still buy that Bary.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 17, 2016, 10:30:40 PM
Are its arms moveable? I don´t like the pose. Gives me nothing.

I think it might be trying to give you a hug, if nothing else!  ;)

SBell

Personally, I figure that if they're going to take their sculpt from the work Luis Rey, they should have used the colours (at least, it kind of looks like his Spinosaurus).

Roselaar

Arms are not poseable. The pose takes some getting used to, but I'm warming up to it. I would have preferred the arms not being so close to the head though.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on March 18, 2016, 09:02:31 PM

Arms are not poseable. The pose takes some getting used to, but I'm warming up to it. I would have preferred the arms not being so close to the head though.
That´s exactly what I am thinking.

docronnie

Beautiful Kentro! Congrats Sauroid!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

AcroSauroTaurus

I just ordered the Papo Baryonyx today, so I'll be joining the "Papo Baryonyx Club" here shortly. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Takama

I remember back in 2012 there was a Running Tyrannosaurus Club. Everyone had to get one that year. 

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 19, 2016, 03:00:39 AM
I remember back in 2012 there was a Running Tyrannosaurus Club. Everyone had to get one that year. 

Apparently that situation is happening this year as well, haha.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Roselaar

In hindsight, everyone had to get the brown one. Today, that's nigh impossible...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2016, 02:54:05 PM

In hindsight, everyone had to get the brown one. Today, that's nigh impossible...

Not me :P The brown running Tyrannosaurus is overrated to me. Wait long enough and the green one will be sought after too ::)

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 19, 2016, 02:57:09 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2016, 02:54:05 PM

Not me :P The brown running Tyrannosaurus is overrated to me. Wait long enough and the green one will be sought after too ::)
Yup. Or...yeah.

Archinto

Once the magic R word (RETIRED) comes into play, the prices usually only go up from there for older figures. They will at least hold prices near msrp for used stuff, but the sky is the limit for minty figs. I agree on the green t-rex sentiment. Im just waiting to find some at garage sales.... Theres a couple stores here in ak that carry papo.

Recently acquired another Magic R word..... Resaurus. Got  my hands on a Giganotosaurus and I think it may be a genuine Resaurus! Will see when it gets here! Im not even gonna say what I paid for it... it was a killgood deal!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

EmperorDinobot

This was last month's "modest" acquisition. Something for everyone.

I've bought three more dinosaurs this month and that's it. That's all I got to report for now. I'll post again when I've gotten a nice haul.

Dinomike

Wow! "Modest" indeed! Congrats!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

sauroid

it is just plain bandwagon mentality, nothing more/less. (everyone wants what others want, no matter how boring that something is. the "scarcity" factor also adds to it being desired)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Congrats Roselaar on your Papo Baryonyx and Emperor Dinobot on your modest acquisition! :)

What I got recently:

Happinet Pteranodon - 2005 by docronnie, on Flickr
Got this a bit expensive from one of the Toycon organizers, now I lack 6 figures to complete my collection, 7, if there is really a Happinet Mammoth, which I don't see on my poster.

Kaiyodo Dinotales series 7 Camarasaurus No. 110a. – 2006 by docronnie, on Flickr

Mammoths & Mastodons of the Ice Age - Adrian Lister - 2014 by docronnie, on Flickr
What a bargain! Less than a dollar and I think it is still up to date.

TFL!  :)

laticauda

Nice find and price on the Mammoths and Mastodon book.

docronnie

Quote from: laticauda on March 24, 2016, 12:09:02 PM
Nice find and price on the Mammoths and Mastodon book.

Thanks! I was surprised and delighted as well, to see one in the bargain bin. Have not finished reading it, but I've learned that I don't know a lot about these animals. :-)

alexeratops

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 23, 2016, 04:10:12 AM

Great Scott! You have found the legendary Battat Diplodocus! Now you have the other two legendary dinosaurs to discover, if you don't already have them. The WWD Ornithocheirus, and the most legendary of all the models known to man (me)... the Jurassic Park Demon Carnotaurus by Kenner. If you get one of those, you are truly the most skilled collector that will be known through the forum as the one who claimed the Demon.
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: