You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Lanthanotus

Some of my recent acquistions...

Bought this by pure chance as a cheap plush toy (2 €) for my two years old son but did not really know what it was (brand wise) until it arrived. Appears to be a Dakin JP Velociraptor from 1993, somewhat pricey on ebay (review following soon).

A package arriving from the US, including two highly anticipated figures (the ones in the middle).

Last but not least, this year's first clutch hatching (number 25, 26 and 27 in total), so not really an acquisition, but thought to share it here anyway :)

empire3569

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 03, 2016, 12:17:44 PM
Some of my recent acquistions...

Bought this by pure chance as a cheap plush toy (2 €) for my two years old son but did not really know what it was (brand wise) until it arrived. Appears to be a Dakin JP Velociraptor from 1993, somewhat pricey on ebay (review following soon).

A package arriving from the US, including two highly anticipated figures (the ones in the middle).

Last but not least, this year's first clutch hatching (number 25, 26 and 27 in total), so not really an acquisition, but thought to share it here anyway :)

Nice pickups, and hatchlings! What species of monitor is that?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score on the Dakin!

They look like Nile Monitors?

Lanthanotus

Thanks to you both,....

... those are black tree monitors (Varanus beccarii), the only species I have a pair of. They breed several times each year since 2012 (latest clutch was laid a month ago), but despite 100% incubation rate, the general number of hatchlings is low (hence these are number 25 to 27) as the clutch usually just consists of three eggs, though this specific female lays exceptionally big eggs for the species.

Libraraptor

You´re all so busy acquiring new stuff! I´m getting jealous on some of your gems. I, however prescribed myself something close to an  acquisition stop for a while. My shelves are flowing over and I mostly spend the little money that´s left on books at the moment. But this is not the very end of my collector´s carreer! I´ll  keep on picking things up, albeit not the very pricey ones which I simply can´t afford.

EmperorDinobot

And where can one find the Expo dinosaurs on sale?

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 04, 2016, 12:28:42 AM
And where can one find the Expo dinosaurs on sale?

At the Expo in Japan. Contact Brett, or take your chances on the auction sites.

Fluffysaurus

Hooray! I have got the normal Kaiyodo 2016 set now too.

Here is my unboxing video with a in depth look.
http://youtu.be/jeLcexzjgXI

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

CMIPalaeo

I've just ordered the 2016 Kaiyodo set as well, along with the older Protoceratops, Brachiosaurus, and Diatryma figures. These will be my first Kaiyodo figures! I'm terribly excited and hope they arrive safe and sound (and soon!). Additionally, the beautiful CollectA Beishanlong and the fetching little Metriacanthosaurus are headed my way too!   :))
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

DinoToyForum

ROM ichthyosaur and JW mini mosasaur make a splash in their new home. Thanks to deanm for helping me slowly plug the gaps in my marine reptile collection! I didn't realise the ROM ichthyosaur was so dainty.  ^-^

Roselaar

That's really a lovely marine reptile collection there. :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 05, 2016, 06:01:51 PM
ROM ichthyosaur and JW mini mosasaur make a splash in their new home. Thanks to deanm for helping me slowly plug the gaps in my marine reptile collection! I didn't realise the ROM ichthyosaur was so dainty.  ^-^

I always had imagined it as being at least as big as the Invicta one. Seeing it in your hand, well, I am surprised!

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 06, 2016, 06:41:26 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 05, 2016, 06:01:51 PM

I always had imagined it as being at least as big as the Invicta one. Seeing it in your hand, well, I am surprised!

I had one, briefly--yeah, it's a tiny thing.

docronnie

Very nice! Congrats Adam!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

I've gotten 5 new dinosaurs since our break, but you'll have to wait 'till the mechanical beast arrives. In the meantime why not explore all my dinosaurs in detail? Go to this blog http://emperordinobotsbatmen.blogspot.com/ and check out my reviews. I'm currently going through the freaking Hero Mashers, but they too need to be reviewed... They are dinosaurs too and have rights.

Here's a cool picture I look recently.

I can't wait for my new package. I also have a friend who is turning my Dinobots into something else entirely.

As for the Yi qi, well, I'll take a chance over at the auction sites. I saw one for like $15 which is a good price for any rare dinos in that tiny size.

Patrx

Just got this in (and a new camera)! expect a review shortly :)

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just need the Ankylosaur now..

docronnie

Congrats Blade, specially on those Battat dinos!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: