You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 20, 2016, 09:32:53 AM
Quote from: sauroid on April 20, 2016, 09:24:21 AM
oh man those Favorite ancient fish! how big are they?

Coelacanth  > length: 19 cm
Saddled bichir  > length: 18 cm
thank you
Quote from: SBell on April 20, 2016, 09:28:41 PM

I am eagerly awaiting mine--I am getting the full set of 4. Couldn't find a reason to have a 60cm coelacanth though...!
X-Plus is releasing a Latimeria this year but it will just be 30 cm.
http://www.hlj.com/product/xps20006
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on April 21, 2016, 09:57:03 AM

thank you
Quote from: SBell on April 20, 2016, 09:28:41 PM

I am eagerly awaiting mine--I am getting the full set of 4. Couldn't find a reason to have a 60cm coelacanth though...!
X-Plus is releasing a Latimeria this year but it will just be 30 cm.
http://www.hlj.com/product/xps20006

Have you seen the pricing for that figure? It has already started to appear on YAJ. It is around 15000Y! It looks nice, but that is an awful lot for a foot long figure...

The big vinyl Favorite is apparently 'only' 41cnm, my mistake. Still ridiculous!

RobinGoodfellow

..a package from Japan:  ;)

More pictures soon on my thread..
:)

sauroid

they are beautiful RobinGoodfellows
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Some more thrift store finds. Just 2 Euros for all of them!

Schleich Classics:
Urvogel ( Emeus according to some sources, but looks more like it is meant to be Diatryma )
Königsaurier ( Tyrannosaurus, but looks more like Iguanodon...and you thought their other Tyrannosaurus were inaccurate. ;D)

Bullyland ( which I only know because of the book on Dinosaur Collectibles. Would have thought them to be Chinasaurs, but they have a stamp on their belly )
2 x Pteranodon
2 X Dimetrodon
1 X Plesiosaurus

Inpro
Styracosaurus
Corythosaurus
Dimetrodon
Stegosaurus
Mammoth

Jurassic Park Stegosaurus

Kinder Überraschung Ankylosaurus
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Where do you get the fishes?  ;D They look really nice.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2016, 04:22:06 PM
Some more thrift store finds. Just 2 Euros for all of them!

Schleich Classics:
Urvogel ( Emeus according to some sources, but looks more like it is meant to be Diatryma )
Königsaurier ( Tyrannosaurus, but looks more like Iguanodon...and you thought their other Tyrannosaurus were inaccurate. ;D)

Bullyland ( which I only know because of the book on Dinosaur Collectibles. Would have thought them to be Chinasaurs, but they have a stamp on their belly )
2 x Pteranodon
2 X Dimetrodon
1 X Plesiosaurus

Inpro
Styracosaurus
Corythosaurus
Dimetrodon
Stegosaurus
Mammoth

Jurassic Park Stegosaurus

Kinder Überraschung Ankylosaurus

Very nice finds CityRaptor, I'd like the address of that thrift store :D

That Plesiosaurus seems to be a quite rare find. I owned one long years ago and when I lost it I never saw one again until I started hunting dinosaur figures via ebay and the likes. Just found one within an overpriced lot of worthless stuff, though there seem to be several knock offs in other colors.

EmperorDinobot

Roselaar

Banjo arrived today. Amazing figure! And very photogenic as well (much more so than myself, obviously).

Flaffy

triceratops83

Great photos, Roselaar!

I've yet to hear of an instance of a Banjo warping or not being able to stand, it must be good quality plastic.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Roselaar

My King's Day 2016 haul. Bigger than expected, the bad weather did not stop me from scoring some awesome stuff. :)

Lots of comics, a totally incomplete TLW Ground Tracker (for which I have some spare parts lying around), and the delightful Dinosaur in Danger by Paul Geraghty. I was wonderfully surprised to see the latter was a copy signed by Geraghty himself!  8)

Very diverse batch of dinosaur figures. The highlight was finding the three Starlux figures for 40 cts total (even though two of them are damaged). Let's see whether there's someone who recognizes all figures in this lot (some still need identification). ;)

Close-up of the smaller figures. Some of the figures in this batch are now for sale in my Sales & Trades Thread.

Great day!  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome score!   If you want to part with that Ornithocheirus give me roar... :)

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2016, 06:32:14 PM
Awesome score!   If you want to part with that Ornithocheirus give me roar... :)

Sorry, not until I find another one. Which is not likely in Holland. I was amazed to find this one at all (for 50 cts!). :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on April 27, 2016, 06:56:34 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2016, 06:32:14 PM

Sorry, not until I find another one. Which is not likely in Holland. I was amazed to find this one at all (for 50 cts!). :)

lol totally understand! I've never seen one for sale.  I found the site once that had them but they were sold out.

Halichoeres

Nice haul, Roselaar! Like Blade, I'm envious of the TS pterosaur!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 27, 2016, 05:53:01 PM
My King's Day 2016 haul. Bigger than expected, the bad weather did not stop me from scoring some awesome stuff. :)

Close-up of the smaller figures. Some of the figures in this batch are now for sale in my Sales & Trades Thread.

Great day!  :)

What company made that little Kentrosaurus at the front? I love it. ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

LophoLeeVT

it is a figure by dinowaurus.
they come in blind packs so you have to be lucky to get one though.(i have 2 kentros by the way)
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

docronnie

Excellent haul Roselaar!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: