You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 26, 2017, 12:50:05 PM
I won a very ecclectic lot of (mostly) vintage figures on eBay.
The stars of the group are these lovely starlux, a line I hadn't been that interested in before, but having them in hand I think I'm in love with these figures, gonna have to collect more of them:

The rest of the lot is an interesting selection of Inpros, Schleich Ursaurier (I think?)

That´s correct!

Everyone else, nice hauls, especially those Starlux, wow!

docronnie

Quote from: SBell on March 01, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
Quote from: Daspletodave on March 01, 2017, 05:07:27 PM
Docronnie - did you repaint the Carnegie Albertosaurus? Yours is brown, but mine are grey.
Thanks.

Good catch--it looks like it was painted to be similar to the Carnegie Sinraptor from the same time period!

Excellent haul Roselaar! Lovely figures! 😍

Sorry for the late reply, Daspletodave. I'm in a medical convention at the moment. It's also grey. Members' comments here are correct, the red background changed its color. TFL! 😇
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Pachyrhinosaurus

It looks like 2017 releases are coming in for everyone. I typically don't get mine until later in the year but this time I made an exception. Also a special thanks to the forum members who helped me with some of my latest haul:

[Image Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

Won two separate lots from the same seller on eBay (the same seller who made Silvanusaurus a happy collector the other day ;) ), one containing a large lot of dinosaurs (from which I got rid of all the Chinasaurs to save on shipping), leaving this nice bundle of dinosaurs to add to my collection:

The Battat Ceratosaurus unfortunately is pretty beat up. It's got heavy paint wear, is missing fingers and an entire arm and the horn on the nose. The other Battatsaurs I own are all made from a sort of flexible, rubbery material, but this one is made of hard plastic (which might explain the damage). Anyone able to shed some light on this odd difference?

The small orange Triceratops, little green T-Rex and the Raptor figurine need identification. I know the latter at least is some sort of JP figure, since it has Amblin and Universal marked on its base. Who can help?

The WS Baby Triceratops and BMNH Corythosaurus are up for sale/trade.

The other lot was for this awesome and large Fell Beast figure from the Lord of the Rings line. I have wanted this one for some time, so it was an amazing coincidence I got both lots from the same source, and at a remarkably great price as well (less than 43 pounds for both lots together!).

Okay, so it's not a dinosaur. So yell at me.

docronnie

Excellent hauls, Pachy and Roselaar! 😇

Hope you could post individual photos on the ID thread. 😇
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

The Raptor is from a Topps egg filled with candy that was released when JPIII came out. Looks better than Hasbro's offerings, does it?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 03, 2017, 11:17:43 PM
The Raptor is from a Topps egg filled with candy that was released when JPIII came out. Looks better than Hasbro's offerings, does it?

Thanks, that's one down. Two to go.  :)

stemturtle

Funisia dorothea by Paleozoo, height 3.5 inches (or 8.8 cm)

This protoanimal from the late Ediacaran Period (635 - 540 Ma) may have been related to poriferans or cnidarians, but the taxonomy is uncertain. It is the first known metazoan showing evidence of sexual reproduction.

The maker, Paleozoo, now accepts PayPal as a choice for payment. Sneaking in a bit of feedback, I recommend the seller.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

RobinGoodfellow

I love Paleozoo models and I have many in my collection.
I'll buy 2017 new figures soon..

Brontozaurus

I got my first 2017 figures this week: the WS and Collecta Kronosaurus, and their Gigantspinosaurus. I feel like I'm more a fan of the WS Krono than the CollectA one, the sculpt feels better executed, and I'm lucky enough that the fins on mine curl just enough to add some character. The Gigantspinosaurus is just delightful in its simplicity, I'd recommend it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Received this sillybeauty today. Definitely one of the better JW sculpts, despite the Hybrid weirdness. The spike reveal works fine, but either I'm not using it right or the cranking jaws are broken. Love the fangs though.

BlueKrono

I like the ankylosaur hybrid the best. Maybe because I like spiky turtles.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

Profited from this months trip to the goodwill quite nicely :D
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Libraraptor

Quote from: JurassicParkin on March 14, 2017, 03:03:12 AM
What Brachiosaur is that?

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 14, 2017, 03:14:44 AM
It's invicta's brachiosaur quite uncommon but if you wait around for a deal.....it's worth it mine is in tip top shape for it's age! ;D
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Roselaar

Found a Wave 3 BB I-Rex in a local store, much to my surprise. First time I saw a Wave 3 I-Rex in the Netherlands.

Libraraptor

Quote from: JurassicParkin on March 14, 2017, 03:37:12 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 14, 2017, 03:14:44 AM
It's invicta's brachiosaur quite uncommon but if you wait around for a deal.....it's worth it mine is in tip top shape for it's age! ;D

Interesting, I had already assumed it´s Invicta but the head irritated me somehow... An odd perspective...

laticauda

Very cool!  Love it!  I have the AOME Fell beast, but I have never seen this guy.

BlueKrono

I still think the fell beast is awesome. I collect LotR trolls. I have pretty much every one ever made, but I don't post that collection on the DTF. But since they're scaly humanoids do you think I could get away with calling them synapsids?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Reminds me, I still need to find me a LotR troll. Preferably one of the battle armored variants.

Anyway, back to real prehistory. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: