You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 21, 2017, 04:41:26 PM
Here are some of my latest acquisitions... still waiting for the new CollectA models becoming available here.

wanted to get the I-Toy for some time and it was N01 on my birthday wishlist, but eventually had to buy it myself :D ... and also could add the Kaiyodo Ceratosaurus, found it comparably cheap on ebay by chance. The Papo Ceratosaurus is on its way to complete the family.

The new Safari's I was most excited for, though, not wasn't that excited for the Psittacosaurus to be honest. Added it to have a basal ceratopsian in my collection but I have to say it's an astonishing model, head too narrow I think, but the best of Doug's models this year in my opinion. Schleich's Stegosaurus isn't on the picture, but had to add it, it's a nice model and outstanding within Schleich's otherwise horrendous dino assortment. As you may notice, some are already customized.

Sweet collection.

Btw, is your Diplodocus eating grass?

Lanthanotus

I know they are supposed to have raked needles and fern leaves with their pencil like teeth, but I couldn't stand the goofy teeth of the otherwise fine model. So I cut them out and also the tongue and closed the mouth as far as possible, but it didn't allow full closure without looking as if the jaw is broken. So I added some sort of big fern leaves, made from tyvek paper. I may fully close the mouth though with fixit sculpty and/or insert some other greens, just had no patience for more intricate details when I was working on it. It didn't bother me, but now as you said it,.. yes, the greens look weird as they are at the moment :/

Reptilia

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 21, 2017, 07:57:13 PM
new 2017 Favorite figures
(thanks to JPSelection for a fast and accurate service)

Are Favorite figures generally available from european retailers such as Everything Dinosaur or Urzeitshop (or any other else), or the only way to obtain them is buying directly from Japan or US resellers?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 21, 2017, 09:03:17 PM
I know they are supposed to have raked needles and fern leaves with their pencil like teeth, but I couldn't stand the goofy teeth of the otherwise fine model. So I cut them out and also the tongue and closed the mouth as far as possible, but it didn't allow full closure without looking as if the jaw is broken. So I added some sort of big fern leaves, made from tyvek paper. I may fully close the mouth though with fixit sculpty and/or insert some other greens, just had no patience for more intricate details when I was working on it. It didn't bother me, but now as you said it,.. yes, the greens look weird as they are at the moment :/

Actually, I think adding the greens is a stroke of genius. It looks cool from this angle. It  kind of looks a like kelp from a distance. I think some of the sauropods may have had goofy teeth (e.g. CollectA Amargasaurus) but I could be wrong. Some pterosaurs and plesiosaurs had some sinister looking choppers.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Reptilia on March 22, 2017, 12:37:08 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 21, 2017, 07:57:13 PM
new 2017 Favorite figures
(thanks to JPSelection for a fast and accurate service)

Are Favorite figures generally available from european retailers such as Everything Dinosaur or Urzeitshop (or any other else), or the only way to obtain them is buying directly from Japan or US resellers?

Actually I don't think new Favorites are available in european stores.
I bought directly from Japan.
Maybe in the near future..

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 22, 2017, 12:46:40 AM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 21, 2017, 09:03:17 PM

Actually, I think adding the greens is a stroke of genius. It looks cool from this angle. It  kind of looks a like kelp from a distance. I think some of the sauropods may have had goofy teeth (e.g. CollectA Amargasaurus) but I could be wrong. Some pterosaurs and plesiosaurs had some sinister
looking choppers.

You should see the Cycnorhamphus!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 22, 2017, 12:46:40 AM
[...]

Actually, I think adding the greens is a stroke of genius. It looks cool from this angle. It  kind of looks a like kelp from a distance. I think some of the sauropods may have had goofy teeth (e.g. CollectA Amargasaurus) but I could be wrong. Some pterosaurs and plesiosaurs had some sinister looking choppers.

Thanks,... yes, while I can imagine some aquatic/marine reptiles had open teeth (as crocs have), I highly doubt that land dwellers had fully functional teeth that stood bare and bleak out of the mouth rather than being covered by lips. There's no (recent) land dweller known to me that boasts fully functional teeth (in the sense of biting/cutting/chewing) which are openly visible, because dental enamle becomes brittle if exposed to light and dry air over prolonged periods. When you look at a horse skull one also finds very goofy teeth, but you can barely see them even when the horse feeds. So I like my sauropods (as my theropods) with lips :)

Bokisaurus

beautiful addition everyone, nice to see some of the newer figures starting to show up as well. I'm on a dry spell right now ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received this awesome calendar with fantastic art by Ricardo Delgado!  I'm tempted to take it apart to frame some of them but it's mint in wrapper.. :/ 

CrypticPrism

I'm getting quite a beauty tomorrow, I hope to post pictures soon.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Tylosaurus

Bought 5 new Steggies today via acro-man from PNSO:

01.) "Chungkingosaurus jiangbeiensis"
"Chongqing Lizard"
Late Jurassic
Upper Shaximiao Formation, China
Scale 1:20

PNSO Chunkingosaurus compared to Safari Ltd Kentrosaurus for size comparrison :D

02.) "Tuojiangosaurus multispinus"
"Tuo River lizard"
Late Jurassic
Upper Shaximiao Formation, China
Scale 1:50

03.) "Wuerhosaurus homheni"
"Lizard from Wuerho, China"
Early Cretaceous
Tugulu Group in Xinjiang, Western China

04.) "Kentrosaurus aethiopicus"
"Spiked Reptile"
Late Jurassic
Tendaguru Formation, Tanzania, Med-West Africa

05.) "Miragaia longicollum"
"Wonderful Long Neck"
Late Jurassic
Lourinhã Formation, Portugal

Major thanks to acro-man for helping me out :)

Gotta sing to that xD :D

Skipperdy Doo Dah
Skipper Dee Yay

Man oh Man I bought some Steggies today
Five From China! Are On The Way!

Skipperdy Doo Dah
Skipper Dee Yay!

Credits to Timothy "Skippy" Miller, his song always brings happiness to my mind  ;D

More pics coming soon after they have arrived 8)
38 Steggies in total with this new batch from PNSO's 2016 Collection :)

Jose S.M.

Great Stegos!the Chungkingosaurus is a beauty!

Neosodon

Those are some nice additions. The Wuerhosaurus looks great. 8)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 24, 2017, 01:48:23 PM
Great Stegos!the Chungkingosaurus is a beauty!
Hah thanks man :)
Well it surely looks like that I have returned to the Dino collecting game, here we go again then 8)

Quote from: Neosodon on March 24, 2017, 03:11:09 PM
Those are some nice additions. The Wuerhosaurus looks great. 8)
Many thanks man and yeah the Wuehosaurus does look like a great improvement over the other one released by CollectA back in 2009 8)

Even though that the Miragaia is an odd case, the one Carnegie released in 2011 and the one CollectA released in 2012;
They both look very different to each other and the same with this Miragaia that PNSO released in 2016, extremely different again.
So that kind of confused me for a bit... still does rofl.

The thing that questions my mind is, which of the three is the most accurate?

01.) Miragaia Carnegie 2011
02.) Miragaia CollectA 2012
03.) Miragaia PNSO 2016

Unless these models were just guesses due to the minor info scientists have of this creature or major changes due to proven facts within the discovered fossils.?

It's that I never had PNSO before, but they surely have some great sculpting skills, as it seems to me anyway.

@ RobinGoodfellow

Nice additions you got there as well, grats man 8)

AcroSauroTaurus

Picked up this guy today, didn't intend on getting it when it was first released a few years ago. But I saw one as I was looking at the shelf and said why not.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Roselaar

Lovely herd of Stegosaurs! And that Acro is just bitchin'...

Lanthanotus

Nice additions everyone,... I run out of space slowly, so have to be carefull with future acquisitions,.... but there's so many nice figures out there :D

Tylosaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 24, 2017, 08:38:57 PM
Picked up this guy today, didn't intend on getting it when it was first released a few years ago. But I saw one as I was looking at the shelf and said why not.

Hah that's a cool one man 8)
A passed away good friend of mine and a crew member of my Dino community from FB, Info & Collections of Dinosaurs & Minerals; made that one
He goes as "Dan LoRusso"  some of you may remember who I mean, that Steg may be inaccurate but it's sculpted by someone special, Dan himself.

Main sculptor & designer of the Battat series of dinosaurs for the Boston Museum if memory serves correctly :) Give this Steg a good place man 8)

Quote from: Roselaar on March 24, 2017, 08:39:44 PM
Lovely herd of Stegosaurs! And that Acro is just bitchin'...

Hah true that , not so fond of Papo though, each to their own for that part, PNSO, Battat & Rebor made the best Acro's imo 8)
Yet it does me good that everyone found their wanted items :) GG ya all :D

docronnie

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 24, 2017, 08:47:20 PM
Nice additions everyone,... I run out of space slowly, so have to be carefull with future acquisitions,.... but there's so many nice figures out there :D

I can relate to this.  I have sold most of my hollow Sega Dinosaurs just a few weeks ago, to have more space.  I'm currently selling my AAA collection too on FB.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: