You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Protocasts by Kayakasaurus, the Irritator will be this year's diorama contest prize (well, not the one in the photo though ;))

Libraraptor

Amazing Spinosaur! I imagine it being by Invicta. sigh.

Neosodon

I thought they looked like Kayakasaurus's models. I didn't know he was selling them. Are you going to try painting them?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

CrypticPrism

I know I've said stuff like "URR Imma get deez collektes.", but these are the final Birthday choices.

Prism's Birthday saga-wave 1
Safari ltd Feathered Velociraptor
Safari Ltd Einiosaurus
Safari Ltd Kronosaurus
Safari Ltd Psitaccosaurus
Safari Ltd Parasaurolophus
Safari Ltd Quetzalcoatlus
Safari Ltd Deinocheirus
Safari Ltd Microraptor
Safari Ltd Coelophysis
CollectA Hunting T-Rex

Prism's Birthday Saga- wave 2
I'm getting these from a seller on eBay, so they're coming later than the safaris, which are coming via amazon.

Collecta Deluxe Feathered T Rex
Collecta Deluxe Carcharadontosaurus
CollectA Deluxe Thalassomedon
CollectA Deluxe Torvosaurus
CollectA Daeodon
CollectA Megacerops
CollectA Andrewsarchus
CollectA Moropus
CollectA Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus
CollectA Smilodon
CollectA Struthiomimus

Sorry if I clogged the thread a bit, I'm just really hyped.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

BlueKrono

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 05, 2017, 10:29:14 PM

Sorry if I clogged the thread a bit, I'm just really hyped.

Not at all. Looks like you've got some cool choices there.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CrypticPrism

Also, my grandparents on my mums side are getting me the collectA diplodocus, CollectA juvenile T. rex, safari ltd feathered velociraptor(so I can have a mated pair), and the collectA mosasaurus.

My grandmother on my dad'a side is getting me a bunch of Pokémon figurines from tomy. They're chameleon, ivysaur, wartortle, Kyogre, Groudon, mega charizard X, greninja, and ash and pikachu, for those of you wanting to know.

If you want to know how I know this, it's because my mom's parents always ask what I want, and my dad's mom asked me like, 3 months ago. They're probably already there.

Also, funny story. When I was 11, I got the last collecta deluxe feathered t-rex off of amazon. It came, and I had it intact for a day. Me being me, I fooled with the base, and the glue holding the two parts of the right leg together stopped working. One easy thing to do was just use glue to fix it. For some reason, my parents said they would get me a new one. I never got it. But now their promise will be used.

The reason there are so many CollectAs is because right now I only have a daxiatitan and a quetzalcoatlus.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Neosodon

Collecta is hard to keep up with.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

finally scored these Marx Flintstones Hunting Party set dinos!  Just need the big headed Rex now...anyone have one for sale?

BlueKrono

Ooh, I always wanted that Bronto!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

They all really hit the major points for me, fantastically retro, big, and detailed. :)

BlueKrono

So you can understand why Marx is still my favorite company even after all these decades.  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 06, 2017, 07:52:59 AM
So you can understand why Marx is still my favorite company even after all these decades.  ;)
..probably it's called "nostalgia"..  ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 24, 2017, 01:48:23 PM
Great Stegos!the Chungkingosaurus is a beauty!

It's gorgeous. The only other PNSO model that is just as good is the Amarga...

BlueKrono

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 06, 2017, 07:55:16 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 06, 2017, 07:52:59 AM
..probably it's called "nostalgia"..  ;)

For many I suspect it would be, but for me it's not. I really became big into Marx just a few years ago, well into my adulthood, but it's become sort of an obsession. The elegant, play-friendly sculpts and the rich, enigmatic history of the company captivate me.

sauroid

are those huge Marx solid plastic?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2017, 04:51:38 AM
finally scored these Marx Flintstones Hunting Party set dinos!  Just need the big headed Rex now...anyone have one for sale?

:o :oAmazing!!! A dream!!! I want these!

CityRaptor

Woah, those are some big Marx. Retrotastic!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on April 06, 2017, 08:24:08 AM

They are large, but they're not solid. These fragile hollow toys are rarely found in one piece. I have fragments from all three, but no complete one yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 06, 2017, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: sauroid on April 06, 2017, 08:24:08 AM

They are large, but they're not solid. These fragile hollow toys are rarely found in one piece. I have fragments from all three, but no complete one yet.

Sadly true. I was surprised both of these were free of damage , aside from it looks like one had a crayon or paint applied at one point then was cleaned but not well. I'm afraid to try anything myself so will leave as is.  If you flip through completed auctions on ebay there are very rarely any of them that don't have cracks or breaks.  I guess hollow was cheaper to produce and ship ...but man solid ones in a big line would have been epic!  like the U.S. Invicta  lol

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2017, 04:51:38 AM

Congratulations Chris, that stegosaurus is in better shape than mine was when I got it. Good luck with the T rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: