News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lulu's Mesozoic Emporium PROJECT AMIS IS A GO!

Started by EmperorDinobot, August 18, 2013, 08:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

***CONTEST TIME*** Last week, that odious movie Minions beat out Jurassic World. The toy shelves are empty while Minions stuff is shelf-warming. Kids everywhere are wondering why the beloved dinosaurs have been beat out by those wretched band of babbling baboons. So I've decided to make a little contest.

The task is simple. You are to take a picture of your favorite dinosaurs in your favorite settings munching down on Minions! You're welcome to use whatever Minions toys you find at a Goodwill store, Happy Meal Toys (including the one that says "WTF" that is creating buzz on the web), and let your dinosaurs...have at it! Use whatever techniques you wish, take them outside, take them inside, take them to the park, whatever you choose! Contest ends on August 20! Submissions will be judged by me.

We gotta have rules though.

-Anyone is welcome to enter
-Gore is fine, but nothing too insensitive, for example, please don't put your Minion toy on a cross and then light it on fire. Don't do that.
-Use of Ketchup is fine
-Picture MUST include AT LEAST ONE MINION and ONE DINOSAUR.
- ONE PICTURE ONLY so take your best shot!
-HAVE FUN!

PRIZES:

There will only be one Prize, but trust me it's totally worth it.
It's a Target exclusive 4 Titan Raptor pack as seen below.

Send me your pictures via private message. I will post them all nearing the end of the contest.

HAVE FUN AND LET'S MURDER SOME MINIONS!!!!

Post Data:. This contest is regulated and hosted by ME, and Mesozoic Emporium. Make sure to watch my page here: www.facebook.com/MesozoicEmporium
JPTOYS and its admins/moderators are not to be held liable for anything. I am in charge here and nobody except me is responsible for the rules and prizes.
Post Data 2: If I deem a picture to be insensitive, ableist, racist, homophobic in nature, it will be disqualified.
Post Data 3: Internationals are welcome to enter, I will ship prize to your location if you win regardless of cost.

Arul

Interesting event, minions vs dinosaur i think im gonna join this  :)) you see the minions movie ? They riding a trex, i mean come on trex is the boss right why they disrespect the boss   >:(  ;D but still a funny movie

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: ARUL on July 20, 2015, 02:04:53 AM
Interesting event, minions vs dinosaur i think im gonna join this  :)) you see the minions movie ? They riding a trex, i mean come on trex is the boss right why they disrespect the boss   >:(  ;D but still a funny movie

I wouldn't watch that even if someone paid me a million dollars.

Arul

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 20, 2015, 03:33:57 AM
Quote from: ARUL on July 20, 2015, 02:04:53 AM

I wouldn't watch that even if someone paid me a million dollars.

Ohh that minion riding trex you can wacth it on the movie trailer. Why you dont like minions ? Hehe

EmperorDinobot

Doesn't everybody hate them? Guess not.

CityRaptor

Well, there is a problem with the contest: It would mean that one would have to obtain a toy of those little freaks first.  Seems counterproductive.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 20, 2015, 09:38:38 AM
Well, there is a problem with the contest: It would mean that one would have to obtain a toy of those little freaks first.  Seems counterproductive.

Eat a Happy Meal!

Arul

Haha nice theme its gonna be fun, minions vs dinosaur

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 20, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
***CONTEST TIME*** Last week, that odious movie Minions beat out Jurassic World. The toy shelves are empty while Minions stuff is shelf-warming. Kids everywhere are wondering why the beloved dinosaurs have been beat out by those wretched band of babbling baboons. So I've decided to make a little contest.

The task is simple. You are to take a picture of your favorite dinosaurs in your favorite settings munching down on Minions! You're welcome to use whatever Minions toys you find at a Goodwill store, Happy Meal Toys (including the one that says "WTF" that is creating buzz on the web), and let your dinosaurs...have at it! Use whatever techniques you wish, take them outside, take them inside, take them to the park, whatever you choose! Contest ends on August 20! Submissions will be judged by me.

We gotta have rules though.

-Anyone is welcome to enter
-Gore is fine, but nothing too insensitive, for example, please don't put your Minion toy on a cross and then light it on fire. Don't do that.
-Use of Ketchup is fine
-Picture MUST include AT LEAST ONE MINION and ONE DINOSAUR.
- ONE PICTURE ONLY so take your best shot!
-HAVE FUN!

PRIZES:

There will only be one Prize, but trust me it's totally worth it.
It's a Target exclusive 4 Titan Raptor pack as seen below.

Send me your pictures via private message. I will post them all nearing the end of the contest.

HAVE FUN AND LET'S MURDER SOME MINIONS!!!!

Post Data:. This contest is regulated and hosted by ME, and Mesozoic Emporium. Make sure to watch my page here: www.facebook.com/MesozoicEmporium
JPTOYS and its admins/moderators are not to be held liable for anything. I am in charge here and nobody except me is responsible for the rules and prizes.
Post Data 2: If I deem a picture to be insensitive, ableist, racist, homophobic in nature, it will be disqualified.
Post Data 3: Internationals are welcome to enter, I will ship prize to your location if you win regardless of cost.

I'm in, this is a fantastic idea. I too hate seeing those damn minions push out my beloved dinosaurs, even if I still haven't bought any! Not like they gave me much time to anyway. The irony of course is that I had to buy some minions today to do this, all well. It'll be worth it. My mind is racing with diorama ideas. Very clever idea!

EDIT: I did get a Happy Meal minion but was not happy with the minion they gave me.

stargatedalek

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 20, 2015, 05:57:12 AM
I don't hate them as characters, in-universe I actually find them rather entertaining.

However, I absolutely DETEST them from a marketing perspective. Little blobs have been over-hyped as hell and they are everywhere. If I can bring myself to buy one I'll enter this.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Are there minions in those .25 vending machines, like on the way out of Walmart?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 23, 2015, 02:18:02 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 20, 2015, 05:57:12 AM
I don't hate them as characters, in-universe I actually find them rather entertaining.

However, I absolutely DETEST them from a marketing perspective. Little blobs have been over-hyped as hell and they are everywhere. If I can bring myself to buy one I'll enter this.

When I bought mine I thought to myself "man, these are the same price as a potential dinosaur toy" but thinking of the inventive ways to kill them has been fun and now I'm itching to take some pictures. There are a lot of ways to kill minions with dinosaurs of every shape and size as it turns out! And no, I don't hate minions either and actually enjoyed the first two "Despicable Me" movies. They're just overexposed and that's annoying, just as it is with anything else (*cough* Avengers *cough* Star Wars *cough*), plus they did push out the JW merchandise and they do apparently kill a T. rex in the movie. Revenge is in order.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Gwangi on July 22, 2015, 11:55:37 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 20, 2015, 01:26:21 AM

I'm in, this is a fantastic idea. I too hate seeing those damn minions push out my beloved dinosaurs, even if I still haven't bought any! Not like they gave me much time to anyway. The irony of course is that I had to buy some minions today to do this, all well. It'll be worth it. My mind is racing with diorama ideas. Very clever idea!

EDIT: I did get a Happy Meal minion but was not happy with the minion they gave me.

THE MURDER IT!!!!

StargateDalek:

I share the sentiment, which is why we're going to kill them.

Gwangi Again:

I plan to have a Dinos Vs. Stormtroopers contest in December. Stakes WILL BE HIGHER, and the prize will be better than this.

So far I've received only 2 submissions, and they are both extremely amusing. I'll post them near the end of the contest.

I also just uploaded a TON of The Lost World memorabilia items, so check my newest stuff out. I'm going to upload A TON of non Jurassic Park items next week including a Carnegie Smilodon so don't miss out!

EmperorDinobot

I just uploaded a ton of Carnegie and Safari dinosaurs, some Mojo, some Procon and some other great hard to find stuff at the best possible prices ever! Show them some love!

EmperorDinobot

It's a new month!!!

The Safari Dinos of China Yangchuanosaurus sold.

Please participate in my contest, got 6 submissions so far, contest ends in 18 days!

And check out all my new stuff!! And look at it fast because there's a buyer who wants to buy most of it!!!! Should I cave to the pressure? Dun dun dun time will tell!

LophoLeeVT

can we use some paper minions too!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

EmperorDinobot

I...guess? Sure why not.

Ok guys, I sold a large portion of toys today.

I'm also about to post tons of Carnegies, some great vintage stuff.

EmperorDinobot

In two days I will reveal all the entries!

And in three, I will reveal the winner!

Arul

LophoLeeVT

is it me?????? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mabye not but still excited
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: